CAADX 2013

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

frohrider

by frohrider

Finally I got my CAADX Disc Ultegra; it will be my winter training bike and not used for racing. With the current road conditions and temperatures I felt really uncomfortable on the road bike and was looking for a solution to train during the cold months. After my first rides I like the CAADX a lot. The wheels are heavy and will be changed (some of the stock parts were changed already) but the geometry suits me well and the handling is nice but not to agressive (which helps in the mud/snow).

Stock build (size 61cm):

On the road:
Current weight; 9530gr/21lbs

Changed; Stem (rotor s2), Bar (Deda Newton), Seatpost (Bontrager XX Lite), Saddle (Tune Komm-vor)
Planned; Wheels, Rotors, Bolts, Tyres

743power
Shop Wrench

by 743power

do you know the weight of the wheels? That seems way heavier then that bike should be.
"Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius -- and a lot of courage -- to move in the opposite direction."

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

frohrider

by frohrider

Wheels are 2017gr, Tyres (Sammy Slick non folding) are 920gr (~460gr each).. so with a light wheelset (I ordered Iron Cross rims and have a spare set of DT Hubs) proper tyres and tubes it will lose ~850gr.
Supersix HiMod, Supersix EVO HiMod, Crux, CaadX, Lynskey R330 & Pro29, Yelli Screamy 29

dereksmalls

by dereksmalls

Seems a shame not to take out for it's intended CX purpose. Go on, take it CX racing! It's begging to be hammed inthe mud!

frohrider

by frohrider

@dereksmalls; perhaps I was wrong with my initial description.. I won't use it as a bad weather road bike, it will see plenty of off road abuse, I promise. Mud is a bit difficult right now.. this morning the way to some nice trails looked like this:
Supersix HiMod, Supersix EVO HiMod, Crux, CaadX, Lynskey R330 & Pro29, Yelli Screamy 29

Fatbiker

by Fatbiker

What a great shot! What I would give for a trail like that :(

cerro

by cerro

If you want some tips to get it more green. With FSA SL-K stem, Fizik seat and bar tape. Looked pretty good when I fixed one at work, nice bike: http://www.flickr.com/photos/89615424@N05/8226175341/in/photostream

dereksmalls

by dereksmalls

Now that is a cool photo! Cheers for clearing up the confusion. There is one of these down my LBS that I'm considering if they can do it just as a frameset for next year. My 2nd hand Trek CX is fairly beat up.

I reckon this is a pretty good choice for a winter bike!

frohrider

by frohrider

As the bike was a little heavier than expected on delivery I had to do some changes; now its sub8.. still within budget and lot's of alu parts.

Major Areas of weight loss:
Stock Wheels -> ZTR IronCross (1507gr) ~500gr
FSA Gossamer -> Sram RED Exogram (479gr) ~400gr
Stock Saddle, Seatpost, Bar -> Tune Komm-vor, KCNC, Deda ~500gr

Current Weight (incl. Bottlecage)

7991gr. / 17.61lbs

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

mihai

by mihai

Nice bike.How is the brakeing?