Denti Scheggia - anyone heard of it?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

nuovorecord

by nuovorecord

looking at one of Denti Scheggia, but i can't find any information.
the current owner thinks it's columbus scandium?
it's got a carbon rear triangle and forks.
replacing my holdsworth which is quite a porker (about 6.5lbs) so wondered if it's a good buy for around £200 or at least a first step into lightweights

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

michel2

by michel2

Its columbus, not sure, wheter its starship or airplane, the dimples in the downtube tell me thre columbus early 2000, it was a high end aly tubeset, th dimples were for comort or something like that should be a light frame

shimmeD

by shimmeD

Columbus XLR8R (something like that - think accelerator) and I think it's Scandium. Yes, 'vibration dissipating' dimples. There should be someone who has ridden a frame of this tubeset; I only considered one in early 2000's.
Less is more.

tommasini

by tommasini

With Columbus "Muscle" fork and stays and given the tubing shape my money would be on Columbus XLR8R tubing - not ultra light but very high end and durable alu.......still riding much the same still today.

nuovorecord

by nuovorecord

thanks guys, so maybe worth considering as a buy then?
the owner reckons that it's under 4lbs weight. sounds like this might be optimistic and it should be lighter, but he has no scales to weigh it

5 8 5

by 5 8 5

I've seen the original ad that dates it as mid 90s but that can't be correct as carbon rear triangles didn't come in until the early 2000s.

nuovorecord, you might want to check with the seller that the BB can be removed. Could save you a lot of grief.

Nice looking frame.

nuovorecord

by nuovorecord

5 8 5 wrote:I've seen the original ad that dates it as mid 90s but that can't be correct as carbon rear triangles didn't come in until the early 2000s.

nuovorecord, you might want to check with the seller that the BB can be removed. Could save you a lot of grief.

Nice looking frame.

i have a shimano tool, so could possibly take it out there and then?.....

nuovorecord

by nuovorecord

and here it is.....there are no stickers with frame material type though, and i can't find much information on it either.
the frame weighs about 1.25kg, the forks about 400g

maxxevv

by maxxevv

nuovorecord wrote:

Its not about the tools, its about whether the BB has seized onto the frame ! :!:

Likewise for the seatpost.

nuovorecord

by nuovorecord

maxxevv wrote:
nuovorecord wrote:

Its not about the tools, its about whether the BB has seized onto the frame ! :!:

Likewise for the seatpost.

and i checked with the seller as instructed, the seatpost came out fine, it all seems "hunky dory"

Flint

by Flint

Hi

99% sure this was my old frame. I

I can't remember the tube set but it was definitely a scandium mix alloy. The condition 2-3 years ago was virtually as new and the BB that I installed was well greased and not over tightened so it should come out now problem. The frame rode really well and I only sold it as the reach was too long for me.

I sure the guy I sold it to was called Lee and I met him at a train station in UK. The whole deal was really straightforward.

You won't be disappointed.

tommasini

by tommasini

nuovorecord wrote:and here it is.....there are no stickers with frame material type though, and i can't find much information on it either.
the frame weighs about 1.25kg, the forks about 400g

Is that large silver box behind it the (then) current technology battery for the electronic shifters that came with your frame - where does it actually mount, in WW form what does it weigh, and how long does it last between charges (as I see it's charging now).

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

nuovorecord

by nuovorecord

Flint wrote:Hi

99% sure this was my old frame. I

I can't remember the tube set but it was definitely a scandium mix alloy. The condition 2-3 years ago was virtually as new and the BB that I installed was well greased and not over tightened so it should come out now problem. The frame rode really well and I only sold it as the reach was too long for me.

I sure the guy I sold it to was called Lee and I met him at a train station in UK. The whole deal was really straightforward.

You won't be disappointed.

yep -thats the man, i got it for a really good price too (well i think so) it's still good condiotion now.
i got the BB out last night no problems