Scott Addict R2

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

lyot

by lyot

This is my Scott Addict R2.. Recently got rid of my Campa Record group and switched to DA7900. Still one of my favorite bikes all time, even after three years of use. Weight is currently around 6,6kg

got it resized
Last edited by lyot on Thu Feb 21, 2013 5:58 pm, edited 2 times in total.

rOYk

by rOYk

It looks do right, well done! IJust made a switch from old SRM with new P2C crank. One more time, love it!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

lyot

by lyot

rOYk wrote:It looks do right, well done! IJust made a switch from old SRM with new P2C crank. One more time, love it!

Thanks ! I've never used an SRM, but I'm very satisfied with the P2M.

I will start changing some of the stuff on the R2 in the near future.

Anders

by Anders

That is a nice frame. I would have benn riding one now if I had found one in my size. Power meters are never going to look great on a bike, but ghosting that red circle on the spider might tone it down a bit. It's also a bit off compared to the red on you frame and rims. Please cut that steerer and forget about resell value and live in the moment :-)

lyot

by lyot

Thanks for the input Anders.. I'm indeed thinking of removing that red circle, somewhere next month when my Q-rings will arrive. Cutting the steerer is long overdue, I agree. :-)

Bianchi10

by Bianchi10

How do you ride in the drops? they look so far forward that it seems impossible to sprint while in the drops. (I know not everyone sprints and i know not everyone sprints in the drops). As long as you are comfortable with your set up obviously, but as far as aesthetics go, I would rotate the bars down a bit.

mihai

by mihai

nice bike.Good choise for the DA and Easton,great wheels.

lyot

by lyot

Bianchi10 wrote:How do you ride in the drops? they look so far forward that it seems impossible to sprint while in the drops. (I know not everyone sprints and i know not everyone sprints in the drops). As long as you are comfortable with your set up obviously, but as far as aesthetics go, I would rotate the bars down a bit.

@Bianchi10, I haven't sprinted yet with this handlebar. I actually just mounted it a couple of days ago. But i'm going to replace it with a handlebar that has a shorter drop, because I agree that this is not comfortable. I'll probably replace it by a Ritchey WCS. This is indeed a miscast.

@mihai : thanks ! I really love those wheels. They don't seem to get much love, but I haven't had any negative experience with them.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com