2012 NeilPryde Alize

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

NWSAlpine

by NWSAlpine

I just upgraded my CAAD10 frame to a NeilPryde Alize. The CAAD10 was my first bike and got me hooked in this sport. I moved all my components from my CAAD to this frame minus the holograms due to the BB.

Build:
2012 NeilPryde Alize Large frame Matte UD carbon
2012 Red Shifters
2012 Red Yaw FD w/chain catcher
2011 Red black RD with sanded matte pulley cages
2012 Red Exogram GXP 53/39
Sram GXP Team BB
Planet X CNC gunmetal brakes
Zipp SL carbon 42 c-c bars
Zipp SC SL 110 stem beyond black
Cannondale SI expander plug
Stock FSA headset
Specialized Romin Evo Pro saddle
Speedplay Zero with Ward Ti spindles
PSIMET Kinlin XC279; 24/28 Sapim CX Ray; black brass nipples; White Industries T11 hubs
Hutchinson Fusion 3 tubeless with Stan's sealant/tape/valves
Ultegra 6700 12-23 cassette
Dura-ace 7801 chain
Zipp stainless skewers black
Generic 25g $10 carbon cages
Wahoo Fitness Bluetooth S/C
Wahoo RFLKT screen out front ala Garmin style I ordered today
Cables: leftover Yokozuna Reaction shift cables grey, Shimano Dura-ace full length brake cables grey.

The frame is a dream to ride. It's a great upgrade over the CAAD10 I had which was better than a lot of other carbon frames I had tried. I will add some weights when I get a chance but I believe it's right around 15 to 15.5lbs right now. With some light race wheels and cassette it could dip below 14lbs for a Large bike. I will be adding a KMC x10SL DLC next.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Musiker

by Musiker

Looks good!
As a long time windsurfer (since the 90s) I have the utmost respect for NielPryde's quality in their windsurfing gear - Been using their carbon masts, sails and wetsuits since I started and they are durable (waveriding) and are mostly well designed - If they are able to do bike frames of the same quality I would love one of their frames.. Not that I would want to part with my Parlee!!

plpete

by plpete

That is a very nice, clean and well thought out build. Like it very much. Will look sick with some deeper wheels.

Where did you get those generic bottle cages? I assume ebay but which seller? There are hundreds of them out there. I like their look. Is the finish 3k weave or unidirectional and was the weight actually 25 grams?

NWSAlpine

by NWSAlpine

plpete wrote:That is a very nice, clean and well thought out build. Like it very much. Will look sick with some deeper wheels.

Where did you get those generic bottle cages? I assume ebay but which seller? There are hundreds of them out there. I like their look. Is the finish 3k weave or unidirectional and was the weight actually 25 grams?

Thanks. I got the cages from bikewagon but they were on closeout for $11 and out of stock http://www.bikewagon.com/closeouts/acce ... cage-black" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;. Don't think they have them anymore. One was 26g and the other 24g but that was before I sanded them for a raw matte finish and sealed them with a permanent automotive sealant to protect from UV discoloration. The carbon is UD. They hold the my Purist Hydroflo bottles tight which is good because I love those bottles as they are soft. Almost like Arundel style cages for a fraction of the cost.

I'm sure there is an ebay seller somewhere that has them too.

As for wheels I would love to get a set of Enve 6.7 tubulars but the voice of reason kicks in. I don't race yet as I just got into cycling and don't have a need for them at this point. My wheelset now rides like a dream and is durable. I might consider some open mold rims and building a set for fun to learn how to build wheels. Would have to let a friend test ride them first though :)

Bianchi10

by Bianchi10

Beautiful build Alpine!! Would love to see it in person

NWSAlpine

by NWSAlpine

Total weight as pictured: 15.6 lbs
Frame: 1080g
Fork: 341g
Seatpost: 244g

NWSAlpine

by NWSAlpine

I updated the seatpost clamp with the one off a stock Cannondale post. I didn't like the silver clamps that came stock. Also the support rail is much larger on the Cannondale clamps. Fit perfectly.

Also the Wahoo RFLKT was delivered this weekend and I love it. Right now I have it connected securely to a custom out front mount I made form a Bontrager node mount. It's very secure as the unit is so light. I do have a custom mount from Tillquist on the way for a Garmin. I will make a permanent modification to one of the Wahoo mounts to allow it to snap in Garmin style.

Bianchi10

by Bianchi10

Oh yeah.....thats nice!

Marzz

by Marzz

That looks awesome!

:thumbup:
S-Works Venge

NWSAlpine

by NWSAlpine

Thanks guys. I really love this bike. Can't wait to get my custom mount from Tillquist to clean up the front end a little more.

JensW

by JensW

looks realy nice, have had mine for a year, and it´s the best frame i have ever had, and i have had some frames.
Are now waiting for the 2013 updated alize frame. really like there customer service to

NWSAlpine

by NWSAlpine

Yeah I agree that the customer service is outstanding. Really nice and the top execs love to talk to customers.

I received my custom garmin mount from Tillquist today and it's so nice. It's so clean looking. I need to grab a picture.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com