Time xpresso pedals

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

RC856

by RC856

kibsen wrote:Time Xpresso 8 "pro" is black without any red colour
192 grams

hint! google time xpresso 8 pro

Yeah, I knew all about the 8's but I've currently got the RXS Carbon Ti so thought it would be worth going to the 12's if I was changing.

If only the 12's had the colour of the 8's!!

ninjanoir78

by ninjanoir78

yes 8 and 12 are about the same... almost all red..

but about 12's.. max rider weight is 90kg according to time, but I think 80kg would be safer
Ninja

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

dvincere

by dvincere

So are there any ride reports of these guys yet? How are the bearings? How do the cleats seem to hold up (are there any differences from the iclic cleat)? Etc.

kibsen

by kibsen

No difference from my old RXS pedals except from Xpresso is always in the right position when entering the pedal.
But the xpresso's don't work if any mud or snow is in between the pedal and cleat.
(Based on 2 months usage)

RC856

by RC856

kibsen wrote:No difference from my old RXS pedals except from Xpresso is always in the right position when entering the pedal.
But the xpresso's don't work if any mud or snow is in between the pedal and cleat.
(Based on 2 months usage)

So, if you had RXS carbon Ti that were fine, would you bother going to Xpresso (12's) for the sake of something new and a bit lighter?

Cheers

Richie

kibsen

by kibsen

It's only a question about weight the functionlity is similar. (Used RXS carbon last season)
I choosed Xpresso 8 Pro because it's all black and they seems to be the most durable (no rider weight limitations).

ninjanoir78

by ninjanoir78

kibsen wrote:It's only a question about weight the functionlity is similar. (Used RXS carbon last season)
I choosed Xpresso 8 Pro because it's all black and they seems to be the most durable (no rider weight limitations).

but the rxs pedals seems more durable than xpresso, the xpresso seems to have a cheap or thin plastic.... you crash with xpresso .. not sure if we can use that after.. you crash with look keo max or time rxs.... and probably no problem
Ninja

elpampeano

by elpampeano

i just recieve my xpresso 2 last week. 210 grs. pair, super solid feel under power (i came from a look keo classic), no troubls for now. let´s see in 2000 kms...

fdegrove
Tubbie Guru

by fdegrove

Hi,

ninjanoir78 wrote:
kibsen wrote:It's only a question about weight the functionlity is similar. (Used RXS carbon last season)

but the rxs pedals seems more durable than xpresso, the xpresso seems to have a cheap or thin plastic.... you crash with xpresso .. not sure if we can use that after.. you crash with look keo max or time rxs.... and probably no problem

Seems... But how would you know? Isn't it a bit early days to start bashing a product without anything to base it on?

Ciao, ;)
Being a snob is an expensive hobby.

ninjanoir78

by ninjanoir78

fdegrove wrote:Hi,

Seems... But how would you know? Isn't it a bit early days to start bashing a product without anything to base it on?

Ciao, ;)

?????? what's wrong with you, I am not bashing time, I bought xpresso 6.. and I have keo 2 max.

maybe cause time is french and you speak french..
Ninja

ninjanoir78

by ninjanoir78

I put my xpresso cleats on my sidi.. they dont provide washers with bolts as look... and i find that the cleats are pretty fragile.. they say to torque 3-5nm.. .but the bolts break the thin plastic very easily.. and wanted to add some look washers but too wide... and time's bolts very short..

sent from my galaxy SIII
Ninja

Antoine

by Antoine

Tightening by hand firmly with a small allen key is enough.
3-5 nm is too much, you can damage the inserts as well as the cleats

Wingnut

by Wingnut

I was hoping this was the answer to the I-Clic's as I want to ditch my Dura-Ace carbons...it all looked so promising but I'll wait a while longer to see if there are any more issues with the Xpresso... :(

dvincere

by dvincere

I got the Time Xpresso 8 pros and they've been nothing short of gorgeous. They look good, they're light, and they work well. I hand tightened the bolts on the bottom with a little blue threadlocker when I had them positioned well and have had no problems with anything cracking. The top of the three bolts comes with a rectangular washer that you are required to use. To address the complaint that the bolts were short -- they were the same length as the bolts that came with my Giro Empire shoes and I suspect most high end shoes can't use longer bolts or they'll poke through. I'm a light guy so I am thrilled to never be riding along and have to bounce on my Speedplay zero again to get snapped in. The sensation of the extremely large pedal platform is also ridiculously positive. So far I'm very happy and haven't noticed any problems that would cause me to question their durability.

lannes

by lannes

I love my expresso 12 as well, but coming from RXS Carbon Ti , there is not much difference, the lateral float on the RXS is smoother, there seems to be more resistance in the xpresso due to the cleat material. Extra platform size is immaterial if you have a pair of stiff carbon soles.
Using the xpressos with Shimano SH-R320 shoes

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com