New Shoes .... Giro Empire

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

russellis

by russellis

Hi Guys

New shoes arrived today ready for summer ....... looking forward to giving them an outing .......

Russ

HillRPete

by HillRPete

The lacing is so sweet, if only they made them in white.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

bura

by bura

Don't know about fitting but for me these are currently the best designed bicycle shoes.
One piece ,no stitches (only one short stitch in the back) classic retro design .Perfect. :thumbup:
I would go for the black one.
Assume that these will be soon available in many other colors as the upper Japanese material is the same others use for multi colored soccer shoes.
Kuota Kom Evo
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=111825&p=955235#p955235" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
SOLD

dvincere

by dvincere

For this past CX season I bought a pair of Giro's - the Privateer - and I must say, they have been absolutely amazing for the price. Love them. Been looking at these Empires to replace my ridiculously old Nike shoes. Love the idea of shoe laces. It's lighter, more customizable, and won't loosen if you tie them properly. Just lace them up for your feet style and go! Let us know how they ride after you use them!

P.S. Anyone who happens to not be aware of the wonderful world of opportunities various lacing methods provides, check out this page http://www.fieggen.com/shoelace/lacingmethods.htm

shoemakerpom2010

by shoemakerpom2010

I am so awaiting an actual ride report on these to replace my old nike shoes too. I keep looking at Sidi Ergo 3's but these look so stealth in black just need to get a good report with the laces and heal cup stiffness. :thumbup:

giant man

by giant man

Waiting for the LE electric blue ones, ordered at the beginning of Jan.

headwind816

by headwind816

Oh I want!!!

How does Giro shoes fit? I currently ride 2007 Specialized S-works 45 road shoes. How would you describe the toe box?

Cheers

Pharmstrong

by Pharmstrong

Will be getting these in black. Let us know how the fit is.

mattydubs

by mattydubs

I've got 1200 miles into some Prolights I got for Christmas, but my riding buddies are convinced they will fall apart before my first race in March (due to lightweight). I doubt it. I think the uppers are the same Tejinn material.

I'd love to pick a pair of these up though. I wish (as well) that they were going to make them in some of the colors they showed off at Interbike (I know they were just test pieces).

or

But, alas, it doesn't sound like it will happen. I love Giro shoes though. Totally hooked. The Prolights are the best shoes I've ever owned (over SIDI, Shimano, Specialized, Fizik). Of course, not all feet like the same shoes, but...

mattiTWOROADS

by mattiTWOROADS

I went for the black, but would have given up a toe for the black and white ones from interbike!

As for the fit that someone asked about earlier... I wear a size 44.5 in specialized and found that the same size in the empires was half a size too small. I found them to not have too much room in the toe box which is how I like them. In the end, my feeling is that they fit very much like specialized in terms of volume, but perhaps 1/2 size smaller.

hope that helps a little...
TWO ROADS cycling clothiers || tworoadscycling.com
--------------------------------------------
https://www.facebook.com/pages/TWO-ROAD ... 3235790671

dvincere

by dvincere

How warm/cool can one expect this material to be?

trikobe

by trikobe

I have on order the LE electric blue......but the all white kicks look pretty nice too

russellis

by russellis

Hi Guys

I am a box standard uk size 10 foot. I always buy all my shoes and trainers in a UK size 10. I wear Sidi Ergo's in a size 45 and have some Mavic's in a Size 45. These are also a size 45 and are true to size, maybe a smidgen bigger that the Sidi, but nothing to note really. Toe box are seems quite roomy and I have quite wide feet.

I would say just order your standard size !!

If the weather holds this weekend I will be out in them and will report back on Saturday night.

I really wanted the LE Blue ones but they are not due into the UK until at least mid May and I am off to the Alps in May and wanted them for that trip. Need light shoes for Alp d'Huez ;-)

The black are cool as well but again not in the UK as yet as far as I could tell.

geedawg

by geedawg

I have both the prolights and sidi ergo 2s, both in 42. The fit is similar between the two, with the giros being slightly longer and a tad narrower in the toe box as well. Which unfortunately doesn't work for me, as the prolights are awesome shoes if they fit.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

geedawg

by geedawg

I have both the prolights and sidi ergo 2s, both in 42. The fit is similar between the two, with the giros being slightly longer and a tad narrower in the toe box as well. Which unfortunately doesn't work for me, as the prolights are awesome shoes if they fit.