I need the code of a 1.5" headset lower bearing

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Liggero

by Liggero

I have a chinese FM015 carbon fiber road frame. It comes with a common Neco integrated headset, of 1&1/8" up, and 1&1/2" (1.5") down. With the bike on the garage, I noticed the steering like a bit rough. I disassembled it and found that is was quite rusted, the bearing is very damaged due to pressure water gun and rain I guess. I opened it, cleaned it and regreased it, it's much better now, but still, I need a new one.

The thing is that I want to buy a new bearing, of better quality, in stainless steel. I always buy bearings from ebay, but I don't have the bearing code of this one, it was not indicated in the bearing. I have a digital micrometer, but I don't want to take it apart again to measure it. If anybody knows the code for this bearing, I would really appreciate it. Also, if you have a good source for buying this kind of bearings in europe, would be cool too. I don't want to buy a full new headset, as I already have a very high quality top cap and carbon bearing top cover. I just need a new lower one.
Happy Trails !!!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Liggero

by Liggero

I found out it's not such a common bearing. I found a seller on ebay who sells spare cane creek stainless steel bearings. Not cheap for a bearing, but i think it's worthy.
Happy Trails !!!