CAAD8, from city configuration into race mashine.

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

rOYk

by rOYk

Hi you all,

I just love toying with bicycles. My current race bike is SuperSix High-Mod full DA7900, C35 wheels and Rotor-Power2Maxt crank. I own this CAAD8, made in the USA and full carbon fork (Optimo). Untill now, I was using the frame as fast city bike. Now, I feel like using the frame for my main rides. basically, I will swap all components from SuperSix frame- the reason I'm not doing it now, I don't have BB that's fit the rotor crank. The only part that's not compatible with the CAAD8 frame is the seat post, got my hands on 3T Dorico LTD full carbon...nice. I hope that my BB will be here until Sunday

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set= ... 255&type=1" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

rOYk

by rOYk

Okay! The first idea was building this CAAD frame with all new Dura Ace DI2 9070 11V. After short meeting with reality I understood that this project is too expansive for me-although I work for Shimano. In the last days I've gathered all of the small part I need for this build, most of the components im going to take off my SuperSix frame.

New parts for this build:
3T Dorico LTD post
3T Team stem 130mm
Handlebar: ?
Bottom bracket: Rotor for BB30

I May get my hands on used 7970 group, we will see..
Attachments
xxx.jpg

Anders

by Anders

Funny, I just downgraded my CAAD8 to my winter bike and bought a CAAD10 to replace it. My question is why go from a S6 to a CAAD8 as your main ride?

rOYk

by rOYk

Anders wrote:Funny, I just downgraded my CAAD8 to my winter bike and bought a CAAD10 to replace it. My question is why go from a S6 to a CAAD8 as your main ride?

Im keeping the S6 with me, Im building the Caad because the S6 is 56 and the Caad frame is 54. I would like to feel the smaller frame, if 54 will be more comfortable I will replace the S6 frame with smaller one. Another point, few years ago I used to have Trek Madone frame, one day the frame broke, A friend gave me his old Caad7 frame meanwhile the new frame to arrive, I feel so curious how Aluminum frame feels like again- Got to admit, I gave the Caad7 frame back just because of carbon prestige and not because of aluminum weight or feel

Anders

by Anders

Riding the CAAD8 you might get the wrong impression of what a modern aluminium frame feels like. I have been riding my CAAD8 for 3 years now and have been very satisfied. The BB stiffness is impressive (mine is the BB30 version), but it lacks some stiffness in the headtube area. It's also obvious when looking at the small square section of the top tube. The comfort of the rear triangle is great on this frame and can't imagine more modern frames could improve on this. On my first rides I often though I had a puncture, it was that confortable.

I did a spin around the block on the CAAD10 last week just to adjust the gears. Just in my everyday clothes and shoes it was obvious that the headtube stifness has increased massively. It's no big surprise when you look at how massive the top tube and bottom tube intersection is. I'll measure the top tube, but you are looking someyhing like 4 times the square section of the CAAD8. What that transfers to on the road I'll know when the snow has gone.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

rOYk

by rOYk

Anders wrote:Riding the CAAD8 you might get the wrong impression of what a modern aluminium frame feels like. I have been riding my CAAD8 for 3 years now and have been very satisfied. The BB stiffness is impressive (mine is the BB30 version), but it lacks some stiffness in the headtube area. It's also obvious when looking at the small square section of the top tube. The comfort of the rear triangle is great on this frame and can't imagine more modern frames could improve on this. On my first rides I often though I had a puncture, it was that confortable.

I did a spin around the block on the CAAD10 last week just to adjust the gears. Just in my everyday clothes and shoes it was obvious that the headtube stifness has increased massively. It's no big surprise when you look at how massive the top tube and bottom tube intersection is. I'll measure the top tube, but you are looking someyhing like 4 times the square section of the CAAD8. What that transfers to on the road I'll know when the snow has gone.

I'm the head of marketing at DAA Israel, we represent Shimano and many others components and accessories brands. The bicycle brands we represent in Israel is Cannondale, Orbea, Niner and few more. If I'll find the case frame good for me, I can take caad10 frame. I still hasn't ride the Evo frame for real