Parlee Z5SL

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

NiFTY

by NiFTY

Great build. I just think the enve stem looks too chunky for the slim profile of the tubing. I would have thought it would be lighter too considering the thm cranks, becker saddle and tubular lightweights and fibulas.
Evo 4.9kg SL3 6.64kg Slice RS 8.89kg viewtopic.php?f=10&t=110579" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

sugarkane
in the industry

by sugarkane

All that enve stuff and those peddles are hiding a bit of weight.
Maybe a good 300g :shock:

Looks pretty nice though.

theletterk

by theletterk

hahaha.....big oops on the bar tape. will redo it tonight. looks horrid!! yikes!

sugarkane - took it out for a ride this morning. shifting is needless to say - good movement up and down the FD and rear D alignment was sharp as a needle as well. Thankfully the issue was just on the parlee clamp which was sorted out. *don't have to talk about the ride quality. The reviews all over the internet are true.

*For those who want to know what happened - here goes......i encountered shifting problem from small to big chainring. Chain refused to go up quickly and i have to spin 2-3 rounds before it can move up and i have to do a matrix slow mo action to let it move up and when i tried to shift from big to small chainring - it will have chain drop once every 15-20 times. NOT good.

so i switched to another mechanic to trouble shoot for me and he said it is most probably the parlee clamp that flexed during the shift. Switched to the campy clamp and problem solved. That little bit of weight increment made me smile!!!!

also - weight wise - some of the parts are light but also not extremely light. the enves all have decent weight but they are not the lightest as well but just to try out enve for this bike. i have been using deda for most of my bikes and the weight for deda items are never accurate from the websites! hahaha. but yeah...i prob can shave off another 100gms or more from using a lighter post/stem/tyres/bottle cages but i think it'll do. For now :wink:

until the next bug bites.....i'll just ride it hard!.........and re-wrap the freaking bartape!

theletterk

by theletterk

sugarkane wrote:All that enve stuff and those peddles are hiding a bit of weight.
Maybe a good 300g :shock:

Looks pretty nice though.

300g!!!!!!

damn it! This pit seems bottomless!!!!

sugarkane
in the industry

by sugarkane

Then there is the fine details like all the bolts..
On this build I'd keep the front mech bolt ti but I'd change all the cable pinch bolts and the clamp bolt, bottle cage bolts and bb cable guide bolts too alloy, black alloy!

carlislegeorge

by carlislegeorge

I just replaced my seatpost with the 2013 Ritchey Superlogic Carbon matte...perfect match for the Parlee ghost matte and weighs only 148 grams...the Deda superleggera stem will be next.

I love my SLi and was motivated enough to ride more this year than ever before...
2011 Tarmac Pro SL3 Project Black (gone but not forgotten)
2012 Parlee Z5 SLi (just because)
2014 Colnago C59 (why not)

poppiholla

by poppiholla

Great build! congrats!

a few suggestions.

1: The bartape could have been ended further away from the stem so that the EVNE letters are fully uncovered.
2: Somehow the Iclicks pedals look bulky on this bike. Black Speedplay pedals would be great on this bike but only possible if you like speedplay. :-)
3: The stem looks great but maybe a little bit bulky in comparing to the spacers when you look at it from the side imho.

Overall a beautiful bike!!!
Specialized Tarmac S-works SL7 (Satin carbon spectraflair tint)
Specialized Tarmac S-works SL6 (Green Cameleon)
Specialized Tarmac Pro SL6 Disc (Blue/Teal Sram Force AXS)
Specialized Epic Elite 29
Greetings from the Netherlands

sugarkane
in the industry

by sugarkane

i seen this shot before :mrgreen:

theletterk

by theletterk

:P

before the Z5....and before the 695 (which i still have)......i still love this bike v v v much...except i sold it to get the 695.

the 586 was amazing to say the least!

i just came back from the LBS......the 300gms you mentioned kept ringing in my head. :evil:

theletterk

by theletterk

poppiholla wrote:Great build! congrats!

a few suggestions.

1: The bartape could have been ended further away from the stem so that the EVNE letters are fully uncovered.
2: Somehow the Iclicks pedals look bulky on this bike. Black Speedplay pedals would be great on this bike but only possible if you like speedplay. :-)
3: The stem looks great but maybe a little bit bulky in comparing to the spacers when you look at it from the side imho.

Overall a beautiful bike!!!

I'll make sure the bartape gets settled tonight!!! you guys are terrible...hahaha

iclic - can't do much about the time pedals mate....all my bikes are on time (unless i go get another pair of sidi! N :P )

just sticking to the enve for justttttt a little while more.

thanks for the suggestions..... :)

sugarkane
in the industry

by sugarkane

The enve stuff looks fab and its freking nice stuff!

I've never seen your time but this is the aero version 8)

FYI

The AiCAN system will produce much... MUCH better shifting than the I links..
Worth investigating in my option :mrgreen:

I'd ride it!

Ozrider

by Ozrider

Cut off the excess on the seat post, I knocked 37g off my Enve post by trimming it.
Your bike looks awesome. I have to agree on the ride quality. I have tried many bikes back to back against my Parlee in the last 2 years, and so far nothing except a Ti frame has tempted me.

Yes there are lighter bikes, there are more "aero" bikes and there are "stiffer" bikes, but so far my Z5 has done Crits, Masters road races, sportives and multiple day tours and trips with lots of climbing and does it all with ease. A fantastic all round bike.
Ozrider - Western Australia
Parlee Z5 XL (6055g/13.32lbs) Trek Madone 5.9 (7052-7500g)Jonesman Columbus Spirit (8680g)
Chase your dreams - it's only impossible until it's done

sugarkane
in the industry

by sugarkane

+1

mihai

by mihai

nice! :D

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

nathanong87
Resident master of GIF

by nathanong87

cool bike. i think ur bar tape goes too close to the stem, but anywho. parlee's seem nice!