What saddles is everyone using?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

shinobiph

by shinobiph

i've been using a prologo zero pas. not much padding, but still a very comfortable ride.

came across this tioga spyder saddle so just ordered it. 144g.

Wingnut

by Wingnut

I like the shape but looks like a cheese grater for your knicks! ;)

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

swinter

by swinter

144 grams is really a lot for a spider web design like that. what is it made of?
"I can't understand why people are frightened by new ideas. I'm frightened of old ones." -- John Cage

http://weightweenies.starbike.com/phpBB ... 928#126928

shinobiph

by shinobiph

swinter wrote:144 grams is really a lot for a spider web design like that. what is it made of?

it's just plastic(y) from what i can tell. for $59, i gave it a shot. hasn't arrived yet, but looking forward to testing.

hope i don't have a grid on my butt though.

paulandmonster

by paulandmonster

i switched from slr kit carbino to prolo evo gnack muy but is much happier

SOX404

by SOX404

shinobiph wrote:came across this tioga spyder saddle so just ordered it. 144g.

+1

Love this saddle

row618

by row618

riding 3 selle smp composit saddles for road and cross

but probably going to switch to the wider froma model- love the saddle shape and both types
have no padding

nathan

deermatt

by deermatt

fizik 00 antares 135g and very comfortable.

boolinwall

by boolinwall

I used a regal for ages. Then a Regale last year. I've toyed around with a Prologo scratch HWD for abit as well. After an injury last year, I tried an SMP dynamic and couldn't imagine going back to anything else. The SMP saddles take some time to get used to. However, once you put up with the break in period and finalize your position, you won't feel abit of underside soreness.

bluesea

by bluesea

After several k miles of denial, I switched from the Romin EVO Expert 143 to a Toupe Expert 143. Two months and two centuries later, all seems pretty good. Will try the 130 for the theoretical last %.

Wingnut

by Wingnut

I'm currently using the traditional Selle San Marco Regal, steel rails etc which feels perfect...can anyone advise if the shape & fit of the Regale is the same or differs from the older saddle?

bura

by bura

KKE11.jpg

Chinese replica of the SSM Aspide Superleggera.
Not only 14 to 15 grams lighter than the original but also around 340 bucks cheaper :D :D
Happy on short rides .Need to test it on longer rides though.
Kuota Kom Evo
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=111825&p=955235#p955235" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
SOLD

superb

by superb

On road bike I use Selle Italia SLR Kit Carbonio Flow; very hard and and wear very quickly
On cx bike I use Selle Italia C2 Gel Flow; very comfortable and durable
On mtb bike I use Ritchey WCS Streem V2; something in between the above two seats

tma82

by tma82

Fizik Antares Braided 152g claimed and Selle Slr Carbonio at 126g

The Fizik is more comfortable but not a huge difference.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

SolidSnake03

by SolidSnake03

In the past used most of the more common "modern saddles" you can think of: Spec Toupe and Romin, Selle Italia SLR Flow, Selle San Marco Concor and Regale, Fizik Aliante, Prologo Scratch

Currently riding a Fizik Antares Kium that so far isn't too bad however I'll be getting an Arione next week since the back of the Antares seems to cut in a bit, might just be my personal anatomy and the sharp cut of that saddle not meshing too well.

Honestly, I found that my position matters most in that many of those saddles probably were just fine for me except various body asymmetries and poor position skewed my perception. The biggest indication of this was that prior to my most recent adjustments riding a non-cut saddle wasn't something I thought was possible at all. Now, the cut or channel seems to make little difference or actually having a negative impact in that it focuses pressure a bit too much on the sides/bones. The Antares for example feels pretty decent minus the back of my legs hitting the "wings part" which isn't even painful or uncomfortable just a bit annoying.
Looks like I made a new 90 Proof friend