Weight Weenies
* FAQ    * Search    * Trending Topics
* Login   * Register
HOME Listings Blog NEW Galleries NEW FAQ Contact About
It is currently Wed Jun 01, 2016 12:58 am
Recently the board software has been updated and there are some known bugs/failures:
- Avatars are currently not being displayed ✔ FIXED
- Tapatalk connection is currently broken ✔ FIXED

If you find more errors please post it here: http://weightweenies.starbike.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=139062


All times are UTC+01:00





Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
Author Message
PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 3:44 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Feb 13, 2013 3:36 pm
Posts: 3
As I know, Shimano Di2 R671 TT shifter can be used with both 9070 series and 6770 series.

However, my friend told me that the firmware of the rear mech, front mech and the other Di2 device should be in the same version. Otherwise, it can not be operated.

Therefore, I would like to ask wether the firmware version of R671 TT shifter is old version or latest version. If it is the old version, it will match my own 6770 rear mech and front mech in my road bike perfectly (will be put on the new TT bike). If it is the new version, I need to find a way to update my Di2 groupset....

Thanks a lot.


Top
   
PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 4:35 am 
Offline

Joined: Fri Dec 12, 2008 5:19 am
Posts: 726
Location: Brisbane, Oz
I can't see why. The button just tells the RD or FD to shift, if it is already at its inner or outer limit it simply does not shift.


Top
   
PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 5:52 am 
Offline

Joined: Mon Feb 18, 2008 9:47 pm
Posts: 261
Location: CA
SW-R671 can be used with either 6770 or 9070.

The shifter itself does not house the firmware; the battery mount and derailleurs do.

What your friend was referring to is the fact that to use 9070 FD and RD with 6770 drop-bar shifters, you would need to update your bike's firmware to the latest version which includes the programmable multi-shift function for the 6770 or 9070 RD.

Also, unless you plan on plugging the SWR671s into your 6770 shifters, you'll need to get the new junction box SMEW90A/B for a true TT setup.

_________________
Turn down the suck knob.


Top
   
PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 7:04 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed Feb 13, 2013 3:36 pm
Posts: 3
Hubert wrote:
SW-R671 can be used with either 6770 or 9070.

The shifter itself does not house the firmware; the battery mount and derailleurs do.

What your friend was referring to is the fact that to use 9070 FD and RD with 6770 drop-bar shifters, you would need to update your bike's firmware to the latest version which includes the programmable multi-shift function for the 6770 or 9070 RD.

Also, unless you plan on plugging the SWR671s into your 6770 shifters, you'll need to get the new junction box SMEW90A/B for a true TT setup.


Ok, thanks

That's means if I want to put my road bike 6770 Group with internal cable junction box to TT bike, I just need to buy a pair of R671 shifter and the time trial junction box, isn't it?

However, can the group operate without 11 speeds Di2 brake lever? (the brake lever is very expensive...)thanks


Top
   
PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 7:25 am 
Offline

Joined: Fri Dec 12, 2008 5:19 am
Posts: 726
Location: Brisbane, Oz
alannmcl wrote:
However, can the group operate without 11 speeds Di2 brake lever? (the brake lever is very expensive...)thanks
And next to impossible to get hold of.


Top
   
PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 2:02 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Sep 13, 2011 9:45 pm
Posts: 71
I have recently done as you wish to, R671 shifters with Ui2 6770 mechs.

a) you don't ned the combo brake levers, I have the 3 port junction box and the TT shifters only
b) you do need to firmware update. The entire group was brand new to me in Jan 13 (although I do not know the manufacturing date of fr & rr mechs) I plugged it all together and it did not work, (fortunately I had ordered the upgrade box so that I could reprogramme shift buttons etc.), I then plugged in the components to upgrade firmware and only when everything had been updated did it all work together, i.e. fr & rr mechs, and shifters all needed the latest firmware. Battery got a boost at the same time and reprogrammed to fastest shift possible.

S

_________________
____________________________________________________________________________
Firefly FF050
Argon E-116
Trek Fuel EX9


Top
   
PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 4:24 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed Feb 13, 2013 3:36 pm
Posts: 3
Stuartclark1977 wrote:
I have recently done as you wish to, R671 shifters with Ui2 6770 mechs.

a) you don't ned the combo brake levers, I have the 3 port junction box and the TT shifters only
b) you do need to firmware update. The entire group was brand new to me in Jan 13 (although I do not know the manufacturing date of fr & rr mechs) I plugged it all together and it did not work, (fortunately I had ordered the upgrade box so that I could reprogramme shift buttons etc.), I then plugged in the components to upgrade firmware and only when everything had been updated did it all work together, i.e. fr & rr mechs, and shifters all needed the latest firmware. Battery got a boost at the same time and reprogrammed to fastest shift possible.

S


Thanks

However, I would like to know more but the Di2 brake lever and the junction box.

You are using 3 pot junction box and without Di2 brake lever. If I will buy a pair of Di2 brake lever in the future, but now I temporary will use normal brake lever with Di2 TT shifter, which junction box I should buy now?


Top
   
PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 7:03 am 
Offline

Joined: Sat Jan 14, 2006 1:17 am
Posts: 615
Location: UK/Singapore
i recently installed the r671 tt shifters using the RD,FD, rear junction box from an older road U Di2 group and it worked without problem.
I even used the front junction A from the older 2012 road group. All i did was buy an additional internal rear junction B. so the front junction A plugs into the internal junction B at the STEM (to substitute the newer 3 or 5 hole junction A), then plug the R671 into the internal junction B at the STEM.
Hope this is clear. So the whole system has TWO junction B and 1 junction A to work, instead of 1 junction B and 1 new 3or5 hole junction A.


Top
   
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 

   Similar Topics   Author   Replies   Views   Last post 
There are no new unread posts for this topic. Shifter Lubing Routine?

in Road

Jcgill

7

508

Mon Mar 28, 2016 6:28 pm

cpamplin View the latest post

There are no new unread posts for this topic. Campy Chorus 11 shifter rebuild

in Road

loudtiger

10

867

Tue Mar 08, 2016 9:07 pm

Calnago View the latest post

There are no new unread posts for this topic. sram derailleur/shifter question

in Road

cyclemanpat

1

339

Mon Jun 22, 2015 7:14 am

nlouthan View the latest post

There are no new unread posts for this topic. Looking at a road disk brakes setup: Shifter/brake unit ?

in Road

LouisN

9

663

Sat Oct 03, 2015 4:39 pm

jooo View the latest post

There are no new unread posts for this topic. What's going on with Shimano

in Road

pamountainbiker

8

1294

Sun May 01, 2016 3:17 am

fromtrektocolnago View the latest post


All times are UTC+01:00


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: 2lo8, 5DII, Baidu [Spider], Bing [Bot], justaute, MSNbot Media, raisinberry777, Yahoo [Bot] and 6 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Limited