2013 Cannondale Evo HIMOD DI2 9070

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

asv

by asv

8/15/13 Update

Here is are some pictures with latest configuration. Enve 3.4 clinchers with Alchemy ELF/ORC-UL hubs. The weight is down to 13.6 lbs which is pretty darn good considering mid-depth clinchers, di2, and a PM.

DISCLAIMER:

Steerer Tube Police: The tube needs to be cut, and the shop set up a very conservative fit that will be lowered.
Photo Critics: I had 5 minutes to grab some shots before I ran out to ride with the last hour of daylight. I just got the bike today. Its obviously not the ideal setting, light, bike configuration, etc.
Fit critics: I'm waiting on a battery mount for the enve zero setback post I plan using. For right now I have to use the standard FSA post with setback.
Haters: AYHSMB

Build List

Cannondale Evo Himod frame 56cm di2
    Shimano Dura Ace 9070 Gruppo
    Cannondale SISL2 crank with spider rings 53-39
    Mavic Kysrium SLR wheel set
    Enve Compact Road 42cm
    Enve stem 120
    Enve seatpost zero setback
    Fizik Antares 00
    Tatelabs Barfly 2
    Arundel Mandible cages

Total Weight:
    KG: 6.35
    LBS: 14.0

First brief ride impressions:

Frame: Insanely stiff in a really good way. I'm coming from a Tarmac S-Works SL3, and there is noticeable improvement in the ride. The front end seems to be less twitchy than my SL3, I feel really confident descending.

Gruppo: I'm coming from all SRAM bikes. (Red and Rival) Wow, this group is a revelation for me. The front shifting is just insane. The multi shifting on the rear is really nice, especially when you hit the top of hill and you're about to descend. With this group, I really don't have to think about shifting, I can pretty much be an idiot and DI2 can save me every time. The braking seems to be greatly improved compared to my current brakes. (2010 Sram Red) I really like the hood shape compared to 2010 Sram Red. I also had no issues shifting in long gloves, the larger textured buttons definitely help there as well.

Wheels: Super stiff, great braking, badass looking, but the brake pads are insanely loud with squealing. I assume this is a temporary condition.

Pics:

Update 2/13
I posted some screenshots of the firmware update process on my blog:
http://alexvalentine.org/?p=6496

Here is one:

For those of you asking for screenshots of the battery setup, here you go:

Here are two videos showing the rear and front shifting.

Rear:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gK_3o-LTQpI

Front:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4hSJQuNhCVc

6/11/2013 Update
In the last month I finally got the Antares OO, Enve setback post, and my Stages power meter arm. I also swapped out the garmin mount for a Barfly2.

Thanks,
Alex
Last edited by asv on Mon Aug 05, 2013 3:35 pm, edited 7 times in total.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

bomber

by bomber

That is a lovely bike! Great weight considering the wheels...

IMO I would forgo the stage PM and save for a Quarq considering you already have the SiSL2 and rings.
Carb loading since the 90's

My ex ride
My old rides

NWSAlpine

by NWSAlpine

Sure is a heck of a bike. I saw a guy this weekend with the exact same bike. The spiderings look awesome.

asv

by asv

bomber wrote:IMO I would forgo the stage PM and save for a Quarq considering you already have the SiSL2 and rings.

Thanks!

If multiple other stages reviews with newer firmware correspond to DC Rainmaker's results, then I might cancel but I would like to keep the Spiderrings and the only PM option that allows me to do that is Stages without going to a wheel based solution. Right now I'm giving Stages the benefit of the doubt.

nathanong87
Resident master of GIF

by nathanong87

asv wrote:Future upgrades:
Stages Power Meter (on order April ETA)

cool bike though.

wasabi1

by wasabi1

Super cool.

Think thats probably the first 9070 di2 on here!

Also, any shots of the battery?

upside

by upside

Nice to see this one.. great looking bike and I think the best paint of the that line. :beerchug:

paradawt

by paradawt

kgt wrote:Just perfect. Congrats!

+1
Berria Belador 7

PSM

by PSM

:thumbup:

Congrats for not living in Scandinavia... :|

saibot

by saibot

wasabi1 wrote:Super cool.

I'm also very curious about the battery.
Bought the same frame a couple of weeks ago here in Japan, but have to resort to the external battery until they get the internal ones to the stores (You would think they would be here already since it's japan but..no)

So I'm curious to se how the whole battery assembly works in the seat post. Planing to put mine in to my current k-force post.

Such a sweet ride! Totally agree with your statements about the ride, although I'm coming from a Bianchi, and running c24's and UDi2.

asv

by asv

saibot wrote:
wasabi1 wrote:Super cool.

I'm also very curious about the battery.

I will try and get some shots of the battery tonight. It also appears that the charge will do the firmware updates and config changes as well. I plan on playing around with it tonight.

upside

by upside

Also curious on battery and how you recharge it. Did the stem and handlebar come spec'ed with the bike. Reason I ask, is the FSA is spec'ed, but I do know that most companies do running changes on some components.
I am going to order that same bike in a couple of weeks and a bit excited.

HaroldC

by HaroldC

upside wrote:Also curious on battery and how you recharge it. Did the stem and handlebar come spec'ed with the bike. Reason I ask, is the FSA is spec'ed, but I do know that most companies do running changes on some components.
I am going to order that same bike in a couple of weeks and a bit excited.

There's a micro USB port on the control box (mounted under stem) that you use to recharge the battery. This way you can install an internal battery in the seatpost and never have to remove the seatpost to recharge the battery.

@asv - that is a sweet bike! And the weight is insane for a Di2 bike!

afalts

by afalts

asv wrote:Future upgrades:
Stages Power Meter (on order April ETA)

FWIW, I know some people who get Stages powermeters for no cost to them, they may or may not still have their SRM/powertaps on as well, and they may or may not actually even record the data from the Stages powermeter.

They really need to put their sensor in both arms. Even if it doubles the price the weight and appearance will still bring plenty of people to buying it. No firmware fix can account for a lack of a sensor...

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com