Custom Team Kits - best that's available to Australia?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

afie

by afie

Thanks for the suggestions. I will get into contact with those that seem to fit the bill.

I have heard bad things about the placement of the chamois in Champ Sys bibs and the fit. They make sense for smaller orders, but for the price we think we can get better elsewhere.
Riccò "Of the 10 controls taken, only two were positive. In theory all the tests should have been positive, therefore the method needs to be checked," he said.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

grover

by grover

I've been through various iterations of nemesis kit for my LBS kit, each time the rep promising better comfort/quality/fit. Even their current best doesn't come close to MOA/Nalini (same company) that my team kit is or the Selle Bergamo/Capo Forma (same company) kit that a friends company kit used. I see a lot of obscure companies that are hit and miss listed. MOA and Selle Bergamo have been doing it for a long time and are consistently excellent. They're slightly more expensive but if your bunch of mates are the kind of guys that want comfort and longevity then worth the money. If I pay for kit, I buy Assos. The MOA and Selle Bergamo stuff rivals Assos for comfort initially but wears a little quicker which I can accept given the lower cost. They'll both get through a couple of seasons.

jekyll man

by jekyll man

In the time i have been a member of a small club, we have used:
Impsport
CM-massi
Champion Systems
Giordana

The first two i would never touch again, its just garbage.
Champ Sys, is okay and we had 2 orders through them, but they were a PITA to deal with. Delivery dates, prices always altering etc...Fit was very variable too, especially in the shorts dept.

I'd give a big thumbs up to Giordana. Whilst its not at their formaRed standards, but neither is the price, the club level kit fits and feels great. I think it ended up being only a fraction dearer than the others but the trade off is definitely worth it.
I think first order is 20 of each item (tops and shorts), and after that only 10 is needed. Socks, arm warmers etc are different but they arent massively important or expensive.
They came back with choices of artwork, a decent delivery date, which was actually beaten in the 2 times we have used them, and to date we haven't had to send kit back that has been of poor quality.
Minimum orders used to be huge but thankfully they've addressed that, and i think we will be using them for a long time to come :-)
Highly recommended
http://www.myteamgiordana.co.uk/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Official cafe stop tester

NWSAlpine

by NWSAlpine

My company used Louis Garnaeu and it the whole process was great. Manufactured in Vermont and the turnaround was quick after our marketing/design team approved to logo use and overall design. The price was great and much lower than retail bibs for their top 4 motion chamois. Love the compression bibs with no grippers as you mentioned. The jerseys are light and are a highly technical fabric. They also sent out a fit kit with all the sizes so everyone ordered with confidence.

The best part was that once it was in their system users could log in to place their orders and not have to deal with one person placing the order and taking money etc.

Now I'm not sure how smooth it would be that you are on the other side of the world :)

alexb618

by alexb618

i have spent probably about 75-100k (you read that right) with champ sys and they are excellent to deal with and their product is top notch too

absolutely no complaints at all

edit - actually its probably more like 50-75k... sorry

petal666

by petal666

alexb618 wrote:.... with champ sys and they are excellent to deal with and their product is top notch too
Product is OK for the price, it isn't top notch. There is far better kit out there.

alexb618

by alexb618

petal666 wrote:
alexb618 wrote:.... with champ sys and they are excellent to deal with and their product is top notch too
Product is OK for the price, it isn't top notch. There is far better kit out there.

i would love if CS would use the fabric that assos use in their shorts but everything else is excellent. even our (current) elite world, national and state champions all rate their CS equipment that we provide to them as better than the products they are required to wear due to sponsorship (big italian name is one example)

Asymptotic

by Asymptotic

My 2c

Our road club uses Santini, however they only seem to be able to get the cheapest bib model that has a terrible chamios, jersey are quite good however.

MTB club uses Chamopion System, and I agree with other comments that it is really cheap stuff.

Am moving to Adelaide shortly and joining Norwood CC, anyone know what brand they use so I might save myself the effort of buying a terrible bib?
Norwood & Adelaide Uni CC

SQ

by SQ

I have also been disappointed by custom kits that I have had before, both in terms of fit and chamois, never quite right and that includes Capo.

There are some guys called Pedla that had the same frustrations we all seem to have and are on a mission to create custom kit that rivals or exceeds the best out there - materials, chamois and fit. justin@thepdla.com is one of the guys behind it.

They are pretty new but I think that they have already done kit for Fyxo and Shifter Bikes in Melbourne and those guys will be fussy.

They'll be the next ones I will be trying for our team kit.

Rainer

by Rainer

My club in Sydney has used KALAS Sportswear from Germany this year. Stuff is pretty good with elastic interface chamois,good priced and made in europe.They also supply the swedish, czech, ukrainian, slovakian federations as far as i know. Wide range of materials too.

lovej

by lovej

I had issues with CS new injection gripper not being tight enough on all our riders, they kept creeping up.

champsys

by champsys

Hi All. I am the owner of Champion System in Australia and was directed to this forum by one of my longstanding customers. A lot has been said on this thread about the quality of Champion System clothing and I wanted to make comment on that. First of all I don't profess to be able to satisfy every person who rides a bike - there are many reasons why people select a brand and Champion System can not tick all of those boxes. We provide a high end, high quality custom clothing experience at a competitive price.

Some comments made about Champion System material quality I feel are incorrect. We source all our fabrics from Italy, Switzerland and Japan and due to our global buying power have great ability to access top end materials from other mills globally. We then take those materials and independently test them for moisture management, UV and other variables - only then will we use them. Our jersey range for example has over 5 models each varying in materials used from our standard CS TEch Jersey through to our RAZOR jersey with 4 different fabrics. These models are at different prices to fit your budget no matter what it is. Perhaps our CS TECH jersey feels too heavy? Then you could try our CS AIR jersey? Our standard bibs are maybe too 'standard' for you? Try our Razor or Elite Pro bibs.

Another example of our quality is our Chamois - again I understand that not everyone will love our chamois - this is possibly the most personal aspect of a cycling kit. Our all new 2013 Endurance chamois was designed from scratch in consultation with our partners TMF in Italy - it truly is a nice bit of kit. We dont buy off the shelf products - we innovate and create to satisfy the majority of you out there.

What quality issues or questions do you have ? Please send me an email directly chrisr@champ-sys.com I am more than happy to answer or respond to any of your questions or queries. Members of this forum who have mentioned they are not happy with Champ Sys quality please let me know what aspect you dont like and why - give me the chance to respond. Constructive feedback is what makes us thrive.

Thanks for reading and the opportunity to post

Chris Reynolds
Managing Director
Champion System Australia

yongkun

by yongkun

There are lots of range for CS. The razor bib fabric is good, chamois decent for me. Jersey wise they are pretty excellent, the summer jersey is light and cooling, pro jersey fabric is nice and snug.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Cheetahmk7

by Cheetahmk7

I have been very happy with the Ventou bib and braces, but their jerseys are too large around my waste and have had to be taken in. My biggest beef is with their complicated ticket system that relates to minimum order quantities.