24 mm carbon clincer wheel set

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

kingkongsfinger

by kingkongsfinger

Hi all,

Please dont flame me if its been done before but I did a search to no avail.

I am going to get some of these off ebay, anyone have any imput/advise?

Anyone got some already?

No eBay links, thanks

Good or bad or a better alternative.

Im 77kg max and will put them on a Scott Addict for hilly rides/training and the odd hilly TT.

Cheers
"I could have done this job myself in five minutes, but as things turned out I had to spend two days trying to find out why it had taken someone else three weeks to do it wrong."

prendrefeu

by prendrefeu

You're better off contacting FarSports to have them build up a wheelset for you. :wink:
Exp001 || Other projects in the works.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

HammerTime2
Location: Wherever there's a mountain beckoning to be climbed

by HammerTime2

If they are willing to cheat someone else, they are willing to cheat you. Rule of thumb: don't voluntarily enter into business transactions with crooks.

eric

by eric

With the current state of the art low profile carbon clinchers are pointless. They are heavier than the lightest aluminium clincher rims, more expensive, and you get the carbon braking issues which may or may not be an issue depending on the rim technology and your descents and riding style.

Carbon tubulars can be lighter than their aluminium cousins, and deep profile carbon clinchers are ligher than the deeper aluminium clinchers.

kingkongsfinger

by kingkongsfinger

eric wrote:With the current state of the art low profile carbon clinchers are pointless. They are heavier than the lightest aluminium clincher rims, more expensive, and you get the carbon braking issues which may or may not be an issue depending on the rim technology and your descents and riding style.

Carbon tubulars can be lighter than their aluminium cousins, and deep profile carbon clinchers are ligher than the deeper aluminium clinchers.

I have carbon deep section tubs for racing on, 50 mm carbon clinchers for training on but are heavy, so wanted some shallow carbon clincers for hilly stuff.

I have only one road bike and dont want to keep changing the brake pads when swopping wheels. :thumbup:
"I could have done this job myself in five minutes, but as things turned out I had to spend two days trying to find out why it had taken someone else three weeks to do it wrong."