HOT: Active* forum members generally gain 5% discount at starbike.com store!
Weight Weenies
* FAQ    * Search    * Trending Topics
* Login   * Register
HOME Listings Articles FAQ Contact About




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 27512 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 1002, 1003, 1004, 1005, 1006, 1007, 1008 ... 1835  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 12:45 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Nov 13, 2011 6:00 am
Posts: 236
New Lampre Merida TT rig in detail.

http://www.bikeradar.com/road/news/arti ... ook-36405/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;


Top
 Profile  
 
Posted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 12:45 pm 


Top
  
 
PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 2:09 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Jun 17, 2005 4:11 pm
Posts: 463
What Fulcrum rear disq wheel is that?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 3:17 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 11:20 am
Posts: 1348
DartanianX wrote:
New Lampre Merida TT rig in detail.

http://www.bikeradar.com/road/news/arti ... ook-36405/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;


Quote:
For now, Petacchi and Pozzato are riding prototypes of it, with customised dimensions that suit their extreme positions


ORL?

Sarto.

_________________
"Step forward the climber and all those who worship at the altar of lightness" - R. Millar


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 5:15 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Feb 02, 2011 3:48 am
Posts: 1027
bruno2000 wrote:
What Fulcrum rear disq wheel is that?

A new one! Not for sale yet AFAIK but seen a bit in testing already.

Shown here on JVDB's bike at the Tour for example:
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 5:53 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Mar 11, 2011 11:33 am
Posts: 910
Location: Asti, ITALIA
it looks like Lotto have their own "Gabba" style jerseys

http://twitter.com/richardjbennett/stat ... 68/photo/1


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 6:04 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jul 10, 2009 7:22 pm
Posts: 867
Location: London
Willier wrote:
Wiggins has ditched the O`symetrics:


Don't Sky often put the bikes out for photo ops with the sponsor correct stuff on, then change back the parts pre-use?

_________________
Snacking on carrot sticks - Where did it all go so wrong?
-
Finsbury Park CC


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 6:09 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Jul 18, 2011 2:44 am
Posts: 1355
MattSoutherden wrote:
Willier wrote:
Wiggins has ditched the O`symetrics:


Don't Sky often put the bikes out for photo ops with the sponsor correct stuff on, then change back the parts pre-use?


no


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 6:13 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Nov 17, 2011 8:26 pm
Posts: 250
Location: Norway
I think they did when some of the riders where racing Hed wheels instead of Shimano. The Shimano wheels were present in official photoshoots.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 7:11 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Oct 31, 2005 7:11 pm
Posts: 1096
Location: Out there
MattSoutherden wrote:
Willier wrote:
Wiggins has ditched the O`symetrics:


Don't Sky often put the bikes out for photo ops with the sponsor correct stuff on, then change back the parts pre-use?



Many teams do that. A colleague of mine was at a Specialized wheel launch / Roubaix jolly where Specialized proudly went on about how great their new wheels were. The following day a quickstep car fully loaded with new Specialized wheels was speedily driven away as soon as the cameras were put away. They never touched the cobbles and possibly never even touched a team bike!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 8:16 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Dec 28, 2009 8:30 pm
Posts: 3812
Location: Bay Area
BMC does it too and got mad when I pointed out that "Gilbert's race winning bike" didn't have the same saddle, stem, or bars as the one he clearly rode to the win in all known videos and pictures.

_________________
Don't take me too seriously.
Bike
Strava


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 8:33 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Mar 08, 2012 11:43 pm
Posts: 515
Rodrego Hernandez wrote:
Many teams do that. A colleague of mine was at a Specialized wheel launch / Roubaix jolly where Specialized proudly went on about how great their new wheels were. The following day a quickstep car fully loaded with new Specialized wheels was speedily driven away as soon as the cameras were put away. They never touched the cobbles and possibly never even touched a team bike!


That's good, 'cos Zipp would probably be pretty pissed off otherwise.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 8:59 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Apr 24, 2011 2:21 am
Posts: 266
KWalker wrote:
BMC does it too and got mad when I pointed out that "Gilbert's race winning bike" didn't have the same saddle, stem, or bars as the one he clearly rode to the win in all known videos and pictures.



Gilbert has admitted publicly that he has switched from BMC sponsor stuff to his personal pedals, saddle & (I think) handlebars. He said that when he joined BMC he did his typical "duty", but switched to his old stuff right around the Vuelta.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 9:43 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Oct 31, 2005 7:11 pm
Posts: 1096
Location: Out there
wingguy wrote:
Rodrego Hernandez wrote:
Many teams do that. A colleague of mine was at a Specialized wheel launch / Roubaix jolly where Specialized proudly went on about how great their new wheels were. The following day a quickstep car fully loaded with new Specialized wheels was speedily driven away as soon as the cameras were put away. They never touched the cobbles and possibly never even touched a team bike!


That's good, 'cos Zipp would probably be pretty pissed off otherwise.


Sorry, this was when they were meant to be riding Specialized wheels and weren't sponsored by zipp!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 10:40 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Mar 08, 2012 11:43 pm
Posts: 515
Apologies, I couldn't remember that they ever had run Rovals!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 11:48 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Sep 26, 2007 1:57 pm
Posts: 7334
Location: San Francisco, CA
KWalker wrote:
I want to think that Cancellara couldn't have picked the stupidest possible Puerto codename if Hamilton's story is true.


So is Luigi a reference to the actor, then?

I think in hindsight these names were transparent. But I doubt the riders expected Fuentes to be raided and the bags confiscated. It's a bit like locking your bike in your own garage. It's easy to get sloppy: you don't expect anyone to get in there in the first place.

_________________
http://djconnel.blogspot.com/
Fuji SL/1
\


Top
 Profile  
 
Posted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 11:48 pm 


Top
  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 27512 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 1002, 1003, 1004, 1005, 1006, 1007, 1008 ... 1835  Next


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: michaelten, whilgenberg, wojchiech and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  

   Similar Topics   Author   Replies   Views   Last post 
There are no new unread posts for this topic. Cycling Technology

in Road

YinYang

4

933

Wed Jan 08, 2014 6:12 pm

coloclimber View the latest post

There are no new unread posts for this topic. Youth Cycling

in Cycle Chat

xnavalav8r

4

536

Sun Dec 29, 2013 1:02 pm

xnavalav8r View the latest post

There are no new unread posts for this topic. Cycling News

in Cycle Chat

airwise

8

731

Sat Dec 21, 2013 1:31 am

djm View the latest post

There are no new unread posts for this topic. Cycling news app

in Cycle Chat

tinchy

3

391

Tue Dec 31, 2013 1:39 am

btompkins0112 View the latest post


It is currently Thu Oct 02, 2014 3:51 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour




Advertising   –  FAQ   –  Contact   –  Convert   –  About

© Weight Weenies 2000-2013
hosted by starbike.com


How to get rid of these ads? Just register!


Powered by phpBB