"PRO" Cycling Discussion

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

bruno2000

by bruno2000

What Fulcrum rear disq wheel is that?

euan

by euan

DartanianX wrote:New Lampre Merida TT rig in detail.

http://www.bikeradar.com/road/news/arti ... ook-36405/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

For now, Petacchi and Pozzato are riding prototypes of it, with customised dimensions that suit their extreme positions

ORL?

Sarto.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

jooo

by jooo

bruno2000 wrote:What Fulcrum rear disq wheel is that?

A new one! Not for sale yet AFAIK but seen a bit in testing already.

Shown here on JVDB's bike at the Tour for example:

pastronef

by pastronef

it looks like Lotto have their own "Gabba" style jerseys

http://twitter.com/richardjbennett/stat ... 68/photo/1

MattSoutherden

by MattSoutherden

Willier wrote:Wiggins has ditched the O`symetrics:

Don't Sky often put the bikes out for photo ops with the sponsor correct stuff on, then change back the parts pre-use?
Snacking on carrot sticks - Where did it all go so wrong?
-
Finsbury Park CC

nathanong87
Resident master of GIF

by nathanong87

MattSoutherden wrote:

Don't Sky often put the bikes out for photo ops with the sponsor correct stuff on, then change back the parts pre-use?

no

hna

by hna

I think they did when some of the riders where racing Hed wheels instead of Shimano. The Shimano wheels were present in official photoshoots.

Rodrego Hernandez

by Rodrego Hernandez

MattSoutherden wrote:

Many teams do that. A colleague of mine was at a Specialized wheel launch / Roubaix jolly where Specialized proudly went on about how great their new wheels were. The following day a quickstep car fully loaded with new Specialized wheels was speedily driven away as soon as the cameras were put away. They never touched the cobbles and possibly never even touched a team bike!

KWalker

by KWalker

BMC does it too and got mad when I pointed out that "Gilbert's race winning bike" didn't have the same saddle, stem, or bars as the one he clearly rode to the win in all known videos and pictures.
Don't take me too seriously. The only person that doesn't hate Froome.
Gramz
Failed Custom Bike

wingguy

by wingguy

Rodrego Hernandez wrote:Many teams do that. A colleague of mine was at a Specialized wheel launch / Roubaix jolly where Specialized proudly went on about how great their new wheels were. The following day a quickstep car fully loaded with new Specialized wheels was speedily driven away as soon as the cameras were put away. They never touched the cobbles and possibly never even touched a team bike!

That's good, 'cos Zipp would probably be pretty pissed off otherwise.

Ghost234

by Ghost234

KWalker wrote:BMC does it too and got mad when I pointed out that "Gilbert's race winning bike" didn't have the same saddle, stem, or bars as the one he clearly rode to the win in all known videos and pictures.

Gilbert has admitted publicly that he has switched from BMC sponsor stuff to his personal pedals, saddle & (I think) handlebars. He said that when he joined BMC he did his typical "duty", but switched to his old stuff right around the Vuelta.

Rodrego Hernandez

by Rodrego Hernandez

wingguy wrote:
Rodrego Hernandez wrote:Many teams do that. A colleague of mine was at a Specialized wheel launch / Roubaix jolly where Specialized proudly went on about how great their new wheels were. The following day a quickstep car fully loaded with new Specialized wheels was speedily driven away as soon as the cameras were put away. They never touched the cobbles and possibly never even touched a team bike!

That's good, 'cos Zipp would probably be pretty pissed off otherwise.

Sorry, this was when they were meant to be riding Specialized wheels and weren't sponsored by zipp!

wingguy

by wingguy

Apologies, I couldn't remember that they ever had run Rovals!

djconnel

by djconnel

KWalker wrote:I want to think that Cancellara couldn't have picked the stupidest possible Puerto codename if Hamilton's story is true.

So is Luigi a reference to the actor, then?

I think in hindsight these names were transparent. But I doubt the riders expected Fuentes to be raided and the bags confiscated. It's a bit like locking your bike in your own garage. It's easy to get sloppy: you don't expect anyone to get in there in the first place.

hansonator69

by hansonator69

DartanianX wrote:New Lampre Merida TT rig in detail.

http://www.bikeradar.com/road/news/arti ... ook-36405/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

:D
Slam your stem.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com