2013 Parlee Z5 Sli

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

PSM

by PSM

plasticol wrote:Finally, Parlee's with internal cabling, nice.
I like the frame, the only thing has always made me uneasy about this frames are the super thin chainstays.

+1.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

PSM

by PSM

mrfish wrote:Doesn't adding 100g of cable outer defeat the point of spending $$$ to save a few grams on the fork and elsewhere?
Nuts.

:shock: :thumbup: :P

Arc

by Arc

mrfish wrote:Doesn't adding 100g of cable outer defeat the point of spending $$$ to save a few grams on the fork and elsewhere?
Nuts.

I tend to agree. I did originally try to get a 2012 Z5 SL, but it was sold out in my size.
Going with powercordz partly remove the negative impact of weight on full housing, uncut housing as on pictures weight 180g, all 4 uncut powercordz cables weight a total of 14g including ferrule's, so thats 194g worth of cabling total - uncut.

Since I'm comming from a chunky Pinarello with campy standard cables, I'm even saving weight on cables - not to mention actually getting a frame geomery and size that fits me.

Pharmstrong

by Pharmstrong

Nuts.

I read the net gain is about 50g, when you account for the extra outer, but the loss of the cable stops. I still wonder if a grommet could be designed so that the cable inside the frame only needed an inner liner. Isn't this how the routing works on the Open Cycles hard-tail?

Arc

by Arc

Got the headset, fork, cockpit and seatpost installed. It havent been adjusted yet, can cut a good chunk of the seatpost at least, maybe 5mm's of the fork as well.
The ritchey superlogic UD parts fit the frame very well.

poppiholla

by poppiholla

I love the Ritchey parts!!! Looking forward to see the complete finished bike. :-)
Specialized Tarmac S-works SL7 (Satin carbon spectraflair tint)
Specialized Tarmac S-works SL6 (Green Cameleon)
Specialized Tarmac Pro SL6 Disc (Blue/Teal Sram Force AXS)
Specialized Epic Elite 29
Greetings from the Netherlands

Imaking20

by Imaking20

That cockpit is fantastic. It makes me want to get rid of my Vukasprint setup! Almost :D

Ozrider

by Ozrider

The Ritchey parts look really good on the Z5, always liked the Enve but the bold white logos don't fit in with a stealth build
Ozrider - Western Australia
Parlee Z5 XL (6055g/13.32lbs) Trek Madone 5.9 (7052-7500g)Jonesman Columbus Spirit (8680g)
Chase your dreams - it's only impossible until it's done

Arc

by Arc

Build is stalled atm as I'm waiting for Parlee's UT cups.
But looks like there is hope :)

http://instagram.com/p/VpNHcpKVog/

carlislegeorge

by carlislegeorge

Ozrider wrote:The Ritchey parts look really good on the Z5, always liked the Enve but the bold white logos don't fit in with a stealth build

Ditto this thought. I just replaced my seatpost with this same Ritchey Superlogic Carbon in matte black,, but mine weighed only 148 grams in 31.6 / 300 size.
2011 Tarmac Pro SL3 Project Black (gone but not forgotten)
2012 Parlee Z5 SLi (just because)
2014 Colnago C59 (why not)

theletterk

by theletterk

build looks very solid!

can't wait to see the bike in its full glory!

Daddy yo yo

by Daddy yo yo

wow, this will be a stunner! in fact, it already is! :thumbup:
My contribution to more beautiful roads: - old - / - new -

swimmingskibble

by swimmingskibble

Wow, that is a really good looking bike. And I am totally digging the ritchey cockpit. Very sharp looking!

tinozee

by tinozee

Can't wait to see a side shot with wheels etc.. I am a tall guy as well. I'm used to riding a 58 SL3, but this Z5 xl tall geo looks ideal on paper.

For me it's either this Z5 or the Cdale Evo in size 63. Being T-rex tall is a pain!

Thanks for sharing.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Arc

by Arc

tinozee wrote:Can't wait to see a side shot with wheels etc.. I am a tall guy as well. I'm used to riding a 58 SL3, but this Z5 xl tall geo looks ideal on paper.

For me it's either this Z5 or the Cdale Evo in size 63. Being T-rex tall is a pain!

Thanks for sharing.

Yea, being tall and having a back as stiff as a board makes it very hard to find a bike that fits. My old bike is running with 50mm spacers and 140 stem pointing upwards. It sure ain't pretty and its flexy like hell.

I was a bit concerned about how a frame this big would look, but the main focus this time was getting a bike that fits.
It turns out its not nearly as bad as I feared. Sure it doesn't look very aero or slick. But I will never fit a bike that does - no "slam the stem" for me. And it looks far and beyond better than old bike :)

Sideshot of the bike as it is at the moment: