Weight Weenies
* FAQ    * Search    * Trending Topics
* Login   * Register
HOME Listings Blog NEW Galleries NEW FAQ Contact About
It is currently Sat Aug 27, 2016 7:53 am
Recently the board software has been updated and there are some known bugs/failures:
- Avatars are currently not being displayed ✔ FIXED
- Tapatalk connection is currently broken ✔ FIXED
- Avatars cannot be uploaded ✔ FIXED

Please note that we will soon do some changes in WW board template design in case to get a fully mobile/desktop responsiveness board!
If you find more errors please post it here: http://weightweenies.starbike.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=139062


All times are UTC+01:00





Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 149 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 510 Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: 2013 BMC SLR01
PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 1:38 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Dec 19, 2011 8:20 pm
Posts: 28
I guess I wasn't clear in my explanation. Like NiFTY mentioned, the CC weight is for the whole kit uncut, whereas the Fairwheel weights are measured after installing a set.

The installed Yokozuna set is probably around 170-200 grams ballpark... So 200 minus 80, will get you in the ballpark of 120 grams savings.


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: 2013 BMC SLR01
PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 2:53 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Mar 20, 2010 12:55 am
Posts: 185
1spd wrote:
Looks sharp and that is a big damn basement!


Thank You!

_________________
http://weightweenies.starbike.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=112078
http://weightweenies.starbike.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=129360&p=1106656#p1106656


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: 2013 BMC SLR01
PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 2:57 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Mar 20, 2010 12:55 am
Posts: 185
NiFTY wrote:
I cabled my sz 54 evo with aican + KCNC ti cable. 75g total.
I did a quick read on your post at the beginning. Did you end up getting all Ti cable in there? I really want a full uniform solution.

_________________
http://weightweenies.starbike.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=112078
http://weightweenies.starbike.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=129360&p=1106656#p1106656


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: 2013 BMC SLR01
PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 3:00 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Mar 20, 2010 12:55 am
Posts: 185
Kneedragon wrote:
I guess I wasn't clear in my explanation. Like NiFTY mentioned, the CC weight is for the whole kit uncut, whereas the Fairwheel weights are measured after installing a set.

The installed Yokozuna set is probably around 170-200 grams ballpark... So 200 minus 80, will get you in the ballpark of 120 grams savings.
I think you might be right. I am just wondering why they would ship 100 grams of excess. I got that some bike need longer cables, but wow!

_________________
http://weightweenies.starbike.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=112078
http://weightweenies.starbike.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=129360&p=1106656#p1106656


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: 2013 BMC SLR01
PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 6:55 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Mar 20, 2010 12:55 am
Posts: 185
New weight with saddle but heavy stem.

Image

Also I noticed my skewers could drop a few grams. Notice the photo below is for one.

Image

_________________
http://weightweenies.starbike.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=112078
http://weightweenies.starbike.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=129360&p=1106656#p1106656


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: 2013 BMC SLR01
PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 8:48 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Mar 20, 2010 12:55 am
Posts: 185
Just bought the KCNC Ti Skewers. It should save me 88 grams and take me into the 13 lbs realm. :)

_________________
http://weightweenies.starbike.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=112078
http://weightweenies.starbike.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=129360&p=1106656#p1106656


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: 2013 BMC SLR01
PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 9:17 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Jan 07, 2013 10:39 am
Posts: 226
nice bike.


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: 2013 BMC SLR01
PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 11:18 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Mar 20, 2010 12:55 am
Posts: 185
mihai wrote:
nice bike.


Thank you!

_________________
http://weightweenies.starbike.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=112078
http://weightweenies.starbike.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=129360&p=1106656#p1106656


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: 2013 BMC SLR01
PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 11:39 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2012 10:53 pm
Posts: 605
CAMSHAFT wrote:
Just bought the KCNC Ti Skewers. It should save me 88 grams and take me into the 13 lbs realm. :)


HELLZ YA!! Nice work :thumbup:

I'm really interested in that saddle, but I have had SO many bad experiences with saddles (13 wrong ones over 5 years). Finally found the specialized romin evo carbon works really well and have had no issues. Might have to just convince myself to be satisfied with it and not worry about the weight savings.


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: 2013 BMC SLR01
PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 12:16 am 
Offline

Joined: Sat Mar 20, 2010 12:55 am
Posts: 185
Bianchi10 wrote:
CAMSHAFT wrote:
Just bought the KCNC Ti Skewers. It should save me 88 grams and take me into the 13 lbs realm. :)


HELLZ YA!! Nice work :thumbup:

I'm really interested in that saddle, but I have had SO many bad experiences with saddles (13 wrong ones over 5 years). Finally found the specialized romin evo carbon works really well and have had no issues. Might have to just convince myself to be satisfied with it and not worry about the weight savings.


Thanks!

As for the saddle, I am the worst guy to talk to. I have spent/rotated on Ebay over $1k on saddles since 2010 even though I know the Romin 143 fits me perfectly. Lol

_________________
http://weightweenies.starbike.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=112078
http://weightweenies.starbike.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=129360&p=1106656#p1106656


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: 2013 BMC SLR01
PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 12:22 am 
Offline

Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2012 10:53 pm
Posts: 605
CAMSHAFT wrote:
Bianchi10 wrote:
CAMSHAFT wrote:
Just bought the KCNC Ti Skewers. It should save me 88 grams and take me into the 13 lbs realm. :)


HELLZ YA!! Nice work :thumbup:

I'm really interested in that saddle, but I have had SO many bad experiences with saddles (13 wrong ones over 5 years). Finally found the specialized romin evo carbon works really well and have had no issues. Might have to just convince myself to be satisfied with it and not worry about the weight savings.


Thanks!

As for the saddle, I am the worst guy to talk to. I have spent/rotated on Ebay over $1k on saddles since 2010 even though I know the Romin 143 fits me perfectly. Lol



Glad to hear I wasn't the only one! lol


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: 2013 BMC SLR01
PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 2:50 am 
Offline

Joined: Sat Mar 20, 2010 12:55 am
Posts: 185
My Cufflinks came in...

Image

It was a gram for gram swap from the Fizik ones. Lol like I was looking to cut grams there...

Image

I like them...!

Image

_________________
http://weightweenies.starbike.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=112078
http://weightweenies.starbike.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=129360&p=1106656#p1106656


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: 2013 BMC SLR01
PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 12:07 am 
Offline

Joined: Sat Mar 20, 2010 12:55 am
Posts: 185
My LBS just posted this on FB. The left one is mine! Woo hoo!

Image

_________________
http://weightweenies.starbike.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=112078
http://weightweenies.starbike.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=129360&p=1106656#p1106656


Top
   
 Post subject: 2013 BMC SLR01
PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 2:40 am 
Offline

Joined: Sat Mar 20, 2010 12:55 am
Posts: 185
The KCNC Skewers came in. Out went the Mavic skewers!

Image

They look good and lock very well.

Image

The weight as of today.

Image

Friday the SL SPEED stem goes on. It is a 100 vs the 110 one used originally. Ill ride with it a week or so then cut the fork.

_________________
http://weightweenies.starbike.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=112078
http://weightweenies.starbike.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=129360&p=1106656#p1106656


Top
   
 Post subject: 2013 BMC SLR01
PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 4:35 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Mar 20, 2010 12:55 am
Posts: 185
Two more ounces gone. Cut the fork, SL SPEED went back on slammed with the slam that stem headset cover, left a five on top. Retaped it black. Next up lighter shift/brake cable/ housing!

Image

_________________
http://weightweenies.starbike.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=112078
http://weightweenies.starbike.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=129360&p=1106656#p1106656


Top
   
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 149 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 510 Next

   Similar Topics   Author   Replies   Views   Last post 
There are no new unread posts for this topic. Stages G2 power meters

[ Go to page: 1 2 ]

in Training

mzlewis

18

1911

Tue Feb 09, 2016 10:06 pm

mzlewis View the latest post

There are no new unread posts for this topic. stages power meter, cervelo s3

in Road

thebadgerboy1982

3

662

Wed Feb 03, 2016 12:29 am

joepac View the latest post

There are no new unread posts for this topic. Campagnolo Power Meters - Stages or Power2Max

[ Go to page: 1 2 3 4 5 ]

in Road

cmcdonnell

67

5125

Fri Jul 01, 2016 10:27 am

mrgray View the latest post

There are no new unread posts for this topic. sold: Stages power meter / XTR crankset

in For sale - Pictures are mandatory 22-3-13

SpeedyChix

0

184

Thu Jun 16, 2016 11:00 pm

SpeedyChix View the latest post

There are no new unread posts for this topic. 2013 BMC SLR01 - 5.95kg/13.1lb

in Introduce Yourself / Gallery - Please use metric weights.

rideintospace

10

3014

Mon Nov 30, 2015 7:50 pm

rideintospace View the latest post


All times are UTC+01:00


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Attermann, ChiZ01, taylorpetie and 18 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Limited