6Kg 2013 BMC SLR01 (Retired)

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

Kneedragon

by Kneedragon

I guess I wasn't clear in my explanation. Like NiFTY mentioned, the CC weight is for the whole kit uncut, whereas the Fairwheel weights are measured after installing a set.

The installed Yokozuna set is probably around 170-200 grams ballpark... So 200 minus 80, will get you in the ballpark of 120 grams savings.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

CAMSHAFT

by CAMSHAFT

1spd wrote:Looks sharp and that is a big damn basement!

Thank You!

CAMSHAFT

by CAMSHAFT

NiFTY wrote:I cabled my sz 54 evo with aican + KCNC ti cable. 75g total.
I did a quick read on your post at the beginning. Did you end up getting all Ti cable in there? I really want a full uniform solution.

CAMSHAFT

by CAMSHAFT

Kneedragon wrote:I guess I wasn't clear in my explanation. Like NiFTY mentioned, the CC weight is for the whole kit uncut, whereas the Fairwheel weights are measured after installing a set.

The installed Yokozuna set is probably around 170-200 grams ballpark... So 200 minus 80, will get you in the ballpark of 120 grams savings.
I think you might be right. I am just wondering why they would ship 100 grams of excess. I got that some bike need longer cables, but wow!

CAMSHAFT

by CAMSHAFT

New weight with saddle but heavy stem.

Also I noticed my skewers could drop a few grams. Notice the photo below is for one.

CAMSHAFT

by CAMSHAFT

Just bought the KCNC Ti Skewers. It should save me 88 grams and take me into the 13 lbs realm. :)

mihai

by mihai

nice bike.

CAMSHAFT

by CAMSHAFT

mihai wrote:nice bike.

Thank you!

Bianchi10

by Bianchi10

CAMSHAFT wrote:Just bought the KCNC Ti Skewers. It should save me 88 grams and take me into the 13 lbs realm. :)

HELLZ YA!! Nice work :thumbup:

I'm really interested in that saddle, but I have had SO many bad experiences with saddles (13 wrong ones over 5 years). Finally found the specialized romin evo carbon works really well and have had no issues. Might have to just convince myself to be satisfied with it and not worry about the weight savings.

CAMSHAFT

by CAMSHAFT

Bianchi10 wrote:
CAMSHAFT wrote:Just bought the KCNC Ti Skewers. It should save me 88 grams and take me into the 13 lbs realm. :)

I'm really interested in that saddle, but I have had SO many bad experiences with saddles (13 wrong ones over 5 years). Finally found the specialized romin evo carbon works really well and have had no issues. Might have to just convince myself to be satisfied with it and not worry about the weight savings.

Thanks!

As for the saddle, I am the worst guy to talk to. I have spent/rotated on Ebay over $1k on saddles since 2010 even though I know the Romin 143 fits me perfectly. Lol

Bianchi10

by Bianchi10

CAMSHAFT wrote:
Bianchi10 wrote:

Thanks!

As for the saddle, I am the worst guy to talk to. I have spent/rotated on Ebay over $1k on saddles since 2010 even though I know the Romin 143 fits me perfectly. Lol

Glad to hear I wasn't the only one! lol

CAMSHAFT

by CAMSHAFT

My Cufflinks came in...

It was a gram for gram swap from the Fizik ones. Lol like I was looking to cut grams there...

I like them...!

CAMSHAFT

by CAMSHAFT

My LBS just posted this on FB. The left one is mine! Woo hoo!

CAMSHAFT

by CAMSHAFT

The KCNC Skewers came in. Out went the Mavic skewers!

They look good and lock very well.

The weight as of today.

Friday the SL SPEED stem goes on. It is a 100 vs the 110 one used originally. Ill ride with it a week or so then cut the fork.

CAMSHAFT

by CAMSHAFT

Two more ounces gone. Cut the fork, SL SPEED went back on slammed with the slam that stem headset cover, left a five on top. Retaped it black. Next up lighter shift/brake cable/ housing!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com