Please help me fake steeper angles on my new bike.

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

mattcooke
Resident Pro

by mattcooke

Thank you to anyone who is reading this.
Anyway, I am going from a 54 cm Felt F1 to just a plain carbon frame for this season.
I do not know the geometry for the new bike but here is the Felts: http://www.feltbicycles.com/USA/2013/Ro ... es/F1.aspx" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I just feel like I am riding a hybrid. I will try to get the stem lower even though it is slammed.

My only thought was to get a zero setback seatpost and also a longer stem. Would that fake steeper angles?
Thanks guys.

And for some reason the new bike is upside down in the preview but not when I click on it. I have no idea how to fix this.
Attachments
photo (2).JPG
photo.JPG

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

metal

by metal

mattcooke wrote:My only thought was to get a zero setback seatpost and also a longer stem. Would that fake steeper angles?
Thanks guys.

Yes, it would fake a steeper seat tube angle.

Headtube angle is predetermined based on the frame. But a longer stem does adjust reach fine if you don't mind the extra stem length.

mattcooke wrote:And for some reason the new bike is upside down in the preview but not when I click on it. I have no idea how to fix this.

It's still upside down in preview and normal picture view. (attached is the picture rotated 180 degrees)

You can work out via trig what the current seat angle is, or you can buy a digital angle finder off ebay for about 30 bucks.
Attachments
new_frame.JPG

jamr1

by jamr1

Where did u get the Champion bike?

mattcooke
Resident Pro

by mattcooke

I am on the US based Champion Systems-Stans No Tubes Team. I was a pro on Exergy last year and when they folded at the last minute these guys reached out. Great team so far.

fa63

by fa63

I can play around on CAD tomorrow and see how the angles compare between your current bike and the Felt.

Valy

by Valy

I actually had that feeling on an Ultimate CF (60)vs Allez (58). Still had it when the bars were actually lower with the same length stem...

Interested to see how you get on!

jamr1

by jamr1

mattcooke wrote:I am on the US based Champion Systems-Stans No Tubes Team. I was a pro on Exergy last year and when they folded at the last minute these guys reached out. Great team so far.

Figured you had to be in NYC area with that bike.
Good Luck to you and the team.

mattcooke
Resident Pro

by mattcooke

Thanks very much guys. If you can check angles that would be great.
Here is the info I was sent regarding this latest bike.
The seat tube center to center is 46.5
seat tube center to top is 53
Actual top tube: 53
Effective top tube: 54.5
Head tube: 140
Seat angle: 73.5

As for the team, they are a NY team but I will live in Boulder and I am training in Tucson for two months.
My new wife and I packed up the wagon, and our new golden retriever Enzo and drove.

Since I am in Tucson I am going to swing by Fairwheel tomorrow and see if I can lighten this one up.
I put FSA Nano bars on, and a Fizik Arione R1 . I put the light Arundel carbon cages on with aluminum bolts. And I will see if I have ti Speedplays back in Boulder. As always your ideas are totally welcome.
Thanks guys.

fstanbury

by fstanbury

You read and enjoyed 'the art of racing in the rain'

mattcooke
Resident Pro

by mattcooke

Actually we named him after Enzo Ferrari and I only later found out about that book. I happen to be a car nut also.
Pretty funny actually because everyone says the same thing to us.

asphaltdude

by asphaltdude

Get a -17 degrees stem.

Might also try a 25mm rear tire and 21 front :mrgreen:
Whow! That's a pretty damn nice garage door!

theremery

by theremery

You could look for a fork with a shorter drop-out to crown length too.
Updated: Racing again! Thought this was unlikely! Eventually, I may even have a decent race!
Edit: 2015: darn near won the best South Island series (got second in age
-group)..woo hoo Racy Theremery is back!!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com