HOT: Active* forum members generally gain 5% discount at starbike.com store!
Weight Weenies
* FAQ    * Search    * Trending Topics
* Login   * Register
HOME Listings Articles FAQ Contact About




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 122 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 9:49 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Jun 03, 2010 6:20 am
Posts: 338
MichaelB wrote:
tharmor wrote:
Also, if and when I had a bike exactly like the Apace pictured above running mechanical disc brakes, to upgrade to hydraulic discs, all I would need is the brakes/calipers themselves, right?

Everything else would be already in place, ie hubset, fork mounts, etc.

....


Yep



Perfect! Thanks.


Top
 Profile  
 
Posted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 9:49 pm 


Top
  
 
PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 11:51 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Apr 22, 2008 4:31 am
Posts: 138
Cross posted from BNA back in Aus

The fork on the Apace looks similar to the ECFK19 which can be seen on the following link, it has the same shaped postmounts and a cable attachment on the rear of the left leg.
http://www.alibaba.com/product-gs/622484502/High_quality_carbon_fork_for_road.html

Enjoy doesn't have it on their website, maybe it's a new model.
http://enjoybicycles.com/product.asp?b_id=3&s_id=11

Here's another similar fork
http://www.alibaba.com/product-gs/684834030/700_C_carbon_road_bike_disc.html

Another frameset similar to the HongFu - FM166
http://miraclebikes.com/products/path097/2013Discbrakeroadbike16233002/

Seems like there is plenty coming , bugger about the volumes that you need to buy .....


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 11:33 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 21, 2006 8:54 pm
Posts: 644
Location: Reading, UK
Found another road disk fork, this time from Lynskey. Still quite heavy but it looks nice.

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=89254


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 1:48 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Feb 25, 2009 7:58 pm
Posts: 305
Location: Lancaster, UK
just been doing some digging and the only 1 1/4" (1.25) tapered disc forks I've seen are:

Cannondale SuperX CX fork (not sure what the crown-to-axle length is on this)
Parlee Z-Zero disc fork (made by Enve)

I doubt either is for sale separately. 1 1/2" tapered disc forks are starting to appear but nobody seems to have bothered making a 1.25 version to sell as a separate item, which is a shame for all of us with incompatible frames.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 2:39 pm 
Offline
Carbon Cowboy
User avatar

Joined: Sat Sep 04, 2010 7:20 pm
Posts: 959
Location: Slovenia
+1

I think that Colnago uses 1 1/4, but again, they won't sell only the fork..

_________________
Berk PROTO-TYPE Composites - Handmade In Slovenia
Berk Composites
http://www.berk-composites.com/
info(a)berk-composites.com


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 11:11 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Apr 22, 2008 4:31 am
Posts: 138
Miller wrote:
Found another road disk fork, this time from Lynskey. Still quite heavy but it looks nice.

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=89254


A2C is 397mm, and has room for CX tyres (52mm width).

That's not a road fork.

Nice find though


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 6:08 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Feb 10, 2013 5:11 pm
Posts: 84
maxxevv wrote:
tharmor wrote:



But in any case, those these frames are 130 spacing, they seem to fit alright with 135mm hubs. ( But may not apply to all frames though ... ).



I don't know which frames you are referring to that have disc brake mounts and are only spaced to 130mm. I emailed Hongfu, and another Alibaba company on this thread, and they both said that their disc frames are 135mm. Which frames are only spaced to 130mm?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 12:28 am 
Offline

Joined: Thu Jun 03, 2010 6:20 am
Posts: 338
winky wrote:
maxxevv wrote:
tharmor wrote:



But in any case, those these frames are 130 spacing, they seem to fit alright with 135mm hubs. ( But may not apply to all frames though ... ).



I don't know which frames you are referring to that have disc brake mounts and are only spaced to 130mm. I emailed Hongfu, and another Alibaba company on this thread, and they both said that their disc frames are 135mm. Which frames are only spaced to 130mm?



Did you email HongFu about the FM166? If so, what other information did they give you?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 12:52 am 
Offline

Joined: Sun Feb 10, 2013 5:11 pm
Posts: 84
tharmor wrote:


Did you email HongFu about the FM166? If so, what other information did they give you?




Actually, I instant messages them via the app they recommended. It's like old days of IM-ing. There is a link off the Alibaba website that allows you to download an AOL-type of instant messenger.

They messages me that the rear is spaced at 135mm, and that they just rant out of the 54cm frame size. Demand apparently is super high for these.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 12:56 am 
Offline

Joined: Thu Jun 03, 2010 6:20 am
Posts: 338
What about cost? I haven't seen that posted yet, I don't think.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 2:02 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Apr 22, 2008 4:31 am
Posts: 138
tharmor wrote:
What about cost? I haven't seen that posted yet, I don't think.


I got a price from DengFu of USD $520 for F&F and $70 freight to Australia.

Didn't provide any info on frame geometry or weight even though I asked.

It's Chinese New Year atm, so will be quiet for a week.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 6:59 am 
Offline

Joined: Sun Feb 10, 2013 5:11 pm
Posts: 84
MichaelB wrote:
tharmor wrote:
What about cost? I haven't seen that posted yet, I don't think.


I got a price from DengFu of USD $520 for F&F and $70 freight to Australia.

Didn't provide any info on frame geometry or weight even though I asked.

It's Chinese New Year atm, so will be quiet for a week.



MichaelB, are you gonna buy one of these frames? If so, a review would be nice to help out some of us who are still undecided.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 7:04 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Jun 03, 2010 6:20 am
Posts: 338
winky wrote:
MichaelB wrote:
tharmor wrote:
What about cost? I haven't seen that posted yet, I don't think.


I got a price from DengFu of USD $520 for F&F and $70 freight to Australia.

Didn't provide any info on frame geometry or weight even though I asked.

It's Chinese New Year atm, so will be quiet for a week.



MichaelB, are you gonna buy one of these frames? If so, a review would be nice to help out some of us who are still undecided.




Can I second this notion? I really dig this frame, but I need to see a real world review on it before I do anything.


Please?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 8:17 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Apr 22, 2008 4:31 am
Posts: 138
Help me buy one guys, and I will :D

a 58cm one that I need will be too far away for me.

I'm waiting on a Liscio 2 frameset at the moment. Should have it soon


Top
 Profile  
 
Posted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 8:17 pm 


Top
  
 
PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 3:32 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Jun 03, 2010 6:20 am
Posts: 338
The market is starting to see more and more of these frames, which is very inspiring. However, the more I see, the more I realize that I don't like the way most are doing it.

Internal cable routing at this point should be a requirement. I understand that it complicates things a little, but estetically it is superior.

Here's an example of what I'm talking about (external untidiness) ::

Image

Then there are ways to make external look a bit better ::

Image

Lastly, there are companies like Canyon who are going to do it the right way. This bike is a prototype of their CF SLX disc bike. It looks fantastic. All cables nearly tucked away ::

Image
Image
Image
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 122 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: elSid, ewwhite, Google [Bot], Google Adsense [Bot], jpanspac, kurisu and 39 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  

   Similar Topics   Author   Replies   Views   Last post 
There are no new unread posts for this topic. Leading makers of 'production' carbon fiber road frames

[ Go to page: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ]

in Road

Fourthbook

72

3387

Fri Sep 05, 2014 3:11 pm

phatphuk View the latest post

There are no new unread posts for this topic. Best DIY carbon fiber kits?

in Road

crimsonbadger

6

867

Wed Apr 30, 2014 7:11 am

jooo View the latest post

There are no new unread posts for this topic. HSC Carbon Fiber / Ceramic Hybrid Jockey Wheels

in Road

audiophilitis

10

1368

Wed Dec 11, 2013 8:26 am

dereksmalls View the latest post

There are no new unread posts for this topic. Does Bicycle Grease Degrade Bare Carbon Fiber Composite?

in Road

Valbrona

6

1188

Mon Oct 28, 2013 4:48 pm

11.4 View the latest post

There are no new unread posts for this topic. road disc frame sets

[ Go to page: 1 ... 4, 5, 6 ]

in Road

bm0p700f

79

5707

Tue Feb 04, 2014 8:44 pm

Dammit View the latest post


It is currently Sun Sep 21, 2014 11:16 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour




Advertising   –  FAQ   –  Contact   –  Convert   –  About

© Weight Weenies 2000-2013
hosted by starbike.com


How to get rid of these ads? Just register!


Powered by phpBB