FAKE RITCHEY WCS CARBON HANDLEBAR

Discuss light weight issues concerning mountain bikes & parts.

Moderator: Moderator Team

cakiss

by cakiss

Hello to everyone, i just wanted to share this with you, came across to this web site http://www.aliexpress.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
and there i found ritchey bars mentioned above, i was pretty aware that they are fake, but price just is too good 33 us dollars, so i give it a try, i have received it, within a 20 days , handle bar looks very good weight is very good, i am using it for a year now and so far no issues, the chinese guy who sold it to me (i dont know is he lying ) said that bars are made in ritchey factory and only thing that separates it from original ones is quality control and sometimes a decals. I am attaching some pictures so you can see how does it look like.
cheers guys
Attachments
ritchey
ritchey
thumb.php 1.jpg
thumb.php 2.jpg

quantum_Rider

by quantum_Rider

I was wondering whether these seat post are fake or not. I could not find the similar model from the official Ritchey site.
Looks very similar to bontrager race xxx-lite.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

cakiss

by cakiss

Yes it is fake, the other chinese guy i have spoked with says that he do not sell originals just a very good replicas, that i think is same case with all product found on aliexpress site.
They do have Carbon bottle cages around 15-20gr for 10 us dollars, and they are safe to use on the other hand that is not case with handlebars,stems seatpost, but i have used my for a year with no issues

PSM

by PSM

Alibaba only sell fake shit. :welcome: :twisted:

whilgenberg

by whilgenberg

As far as I know (and take it with a grain of salt, this is the internet...) there are really two kinds of chinese products. The first and most prevalent seems to be the open-mold products. The majority of the cycling industry including the big names plays the pick and choose game with a few manufacturers of composite cycling equipment and then get parts back. Some companies merely send over an "engineer" and said engineer merely picks and chooses from a variety of mold choices, adjusts the geometry to what the company philosophy calls for and tells them to start producing bikes.

The other side of things are the cheap chinese knock-offs or replicas. Usually they are either puled from the same mold and sold under a different or no name. Other times, the knock-offs sold are pulled out in quality control for aesthetic reasons. They don't pass so they would typically get thrown out but they are instead rescued and sold at a lower price. That being said, there are also a few that are pulled for structural reasons and therefore you never quite know what you get when you order something. But I would do it. Cheap carbon parts and if something gets screwed up I can always go into my garage, pull a layup and fix it...

Washdogg

by Washdogg

There's some crazy looking (i.e. cheap, obviously) stuff on that website, like an Easton EC90 bar for $26! - did you order directly from AliExpress using their checkout etc? Looks like some weird dodgy eBay knockoff... Amazing what you can get away with really.

It's hard to trust the product at the end of the day though - with a mtb handlebar the last thing you want to do is go over a bump downhill and have the bars snap... I kind of prefer my teeth not wrapped around the headset!

cakiss

by cakiss

Yes, i have ordered directly, if you are going to order anything write in the (note) area the size, color and price you want on invoice if that affect your customs policy, i chose china airmail postage because it is free but it takes around 15-30 days to arrive, fedex dhl is too expensive.
Good luck with your orders.
P.S. avoid any orders in next 10 days it is chinese new year so you can expect longer delivery time

PSM

by PSM

So sad.

02GF74

by 02GF74

seems there are fake stems too: http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewto ... 6#p1823496

re: that seat post - I got one branded Hylix and another Bontrager XXX - both are pretty impressive weight wise, fitted the Hylix but not ridden it yet ... makes me a bit worried now ..... :?

quantum_Rider

by quantum_Rider

Washdogg wrote:
It's hard to trust the product at the end of the day though - with a mtb handlebar the last thing you want to do is go over a bump downhill and have the bars snap... I kind of prefer my teeth not wrapped around the headset!

Especially if you are rider sized like the Big George, there is no sense to play with Lady Fortuna for fistful of dollars.

michel2

by michel2

I have this horrible visual in my head of broken carbon seatpost with carbon splinters in my scrotum......
I say thanks but no thanks

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com