Anyone else been ripped off by a fellow WW?

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

bura

by bura

Berk wrote:Anyone else have bad experiances with eme999 on this forum..??

That's what I'm talking about...
http://boardreader.com/thread/Wer_kennt ... 4.html?o=0" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

...unfortunately not in English, but as I see it's not the first time he's cheating..or how could we call that..does anyone know if he has some problems?? Bad health, just acting stupid,..?? Please let me know

Guys this is an old post by Berk but sorry I do not have time to read all in a timely manner.

I can give you details about this guy.Do not deal with him.

Emmanuel Schicher
Seebach 5
A-9125 Kuehnsdorf
Austria
Kuota Kom Evo
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=111825&p=955235#p955235" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
SOLD

maverick_1

by maverick_1

@bura,

Care to share with fellow ww the problem background?

Cheers

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

tonytourist

by tonytourist

I had a great transaction with dolophonic, highly recommended! :thumbup:

bura

by bura

maverick_1 wrote:@bura,

Care to share with fellow ww the problem background?

Cheers

Sure. :beerchug:

Because I do not trade on forums a fellow cyclist did try to sell something for me. He reported me that my item was sold then came back that the customer did not pay. After a while he told me the story with his Austrian customer that he wanted this part so desperately and tried several times to get it shipped before it was paid. Always had an excuse.PayPal account was blocked and then it was his CC attached to his PayPal account which he just changed .But in the time between he reported four times that he had already paid for the item.
Reading his name here was no surprise for me.
Kuota Kom Evo
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=111825&p=955235#p955235" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
SOLD

mayd

by mayd

hell , re- being scammed ....did anyone else based in the u.k. reply to an add in the for sale section for some lightweight carbon clinchers/black logo's that were advertised at the end of january ....guys name was doug .....? i'd be interested as i think he has run off with my money !

cnbky

by cnbky

It's so obvious to tell a scam really, I won't say my reasons for, but clearly these people are sociopaths.

Guys, please gather more information on people! If they are a new poster, ask them to email you from a work email ie, xxx@generalelectric.com or something.

Hope it all works out for u..

But something is needed. Not a one month membership.

UpFromOne

by UpFromOne

Yet another SCAM just posted today in "For Sale". The alleged member "louisberter" (in first posting) advertises a near-new pair of current Lightweight wheels for only EUR1300. or best offer, and wants you to communicate via a new yahoo account. RED FLAGS EVERYWHERE - BEWARE!

Why are we getting a rash of these?

Tinea Pedis

by Tinea Pedis

Because people are falling for them!

I'm now deleting the posts and the user, no multiple chances. It's clear they are spammers. And we are trying to get a post count limiter on that forum (without much success). So best you guys can do is please keep reporting them so we can zap them.

Cheers (and sorry).

cnbky

by cnbky

Tinea Pedis wrote:deleting the posts and the user

not sure if this is possible but are you able to ban these users by their IP addresses so they have to keep switching computers each time they try to sign up to post. I have a feeling its the same number of lowlifes that keep doing it.

euan

by euan

Problem with IP Address bans is that IP addresses can be dynamically assigned, or you could end up banning everyone who uses a specific ISP.

I like the post count limit on forums but it does mean it gives a certain air of legitimacy to scammers who put an effort into getting the right number of posts. But that behavior should be easily spotted by mods, things like rapid shot responses to threads and thread necromancy

de zwarten

by de zwarten

Well, you can easily see from the quality of the posts what kind of seller/buyer you are dealing with.
Just have some small talk about drillium, wheelbuilding, rebuilding a shifter, overhauling a hub, BCD, setback, favorite riders, aesthetics of carbon weave and you will know enough. :-)

krzysiekmz

by krzysiekmz

FYI user eme999 is back:

memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=57290

bura wrote:
Berk wrote:Anyone else have bad experiances with eme999 on this forum..??

That's what I'm talking about...
http://boardreader.com/thread/Wer_kennt ... 4.html?o=0" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

...unfortunately not in English, but as I see it's not the first time he's cheating..or how could we call that..does anyone know if he has some problems?? Bad health, just acting stupid,..?? Please let me know

Guys this is an old post by Berk but sorry I do not have time to read all in a timely manner.

I can give you details about this guy.Do not deal with him.

Emmanuel Schicher
Seebach 5
A-9125 Kuehnsdorf
Austria
Orbea Oiz - xxxx
MSC Koncept Carbon Di2 - 6955g
Leichtkraft Team Carbon - 6868g.

mrfish

by mrfish

Glad to see some action to get rid of these creeps. It would be nice if local police would make a friendly visit to some of these people, so that they know their actions online can have real consequences.

Regarding scammers, one of the funniest threads I've ever read is here: http://www.zug.com/pranks/powerbook/

I've bought and sold a few things here. I've been pretty careful and would generally check someone out by checking their work email address, web page, linkedin, ringing via work reception to confirm they work there, cross referencing the invoice address or once checking on google street view that the building looks like a bike shop. Mostly when something looks too good to be true it is. Other than some "ambitious" descriptions - i.e. These wheels have only done 200km" yet when the wheels arrive it's pretty clear that the rear tub has done more like 2000km. But ebay / car sales people can be the same.

If you're based in London I'd recommend using LFGSS to sell things (even old knackered things as long as they are top of the range or campag) - lots of people there who can deal face to face and generally pick things up in 1-2 days.