Cycling Holiday Recommendations

A light bike doesn't replace good fitness.

Moderator: Moderator Team

kiskubai

by kiskubai

tommyh wrote:Hi, I will be going to Lanzarote for the first time with my family this winter and I am wondering if you have any fun suggestions for good rides that I can go on with the family. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Hi! I used to live on Lanzarote for 5 months in 2012, its a really nice island for cycling!

I dont know where you will stay, but if you will stay in Club La Santa, i would go on this route for example:

La Santa-Famara-San bartolome (But before you enter the city, take a left in the roundabout to Teguise) - Teguise
Once you came out of teguise, take a right and go along the seaside, then climb up to La Haria, and the highest point of the island. Then descend back to Teguise on the other side, and go back on the same way.

This one is a really nice ride for example. If you are interested in detailed routes with road numbers etc, just send me a message, in that 5 months ive been to almost every road on the island...

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Mr.Gib

by Mr.Gib

Northoceanbeach wrote:Israel's sounds terrile because you had to dodge rockets and worry about your safety, nobody wants to worry their family will be blown up while they are riding.

In NYC I would bike around Manhattan. I love beautiful road rides in the mountains but biking around manhattan is a real thrill and you get to see so much. It's fun to to pretend ou are a bike courier an doge traffic

Murder rate in Israel: 2.1 per 100,000
Murder rate in United States: 4.8 per 100,000
Murder rate in New York City 3.8 per 100,000
wheelsONfire wrote: When we ride disc brakes the whole deal of braking is just like a leaving a fart. It happens and then it's over. Nothing planned and nothing to get nervous for.

erty65

by erty65

Mr.Gib wrote:
Northoceanbeach wrote:Israel's sounds terrile because you had to dodge rockets and worry about your safety, nobody wants to worry their family will be blown up while they are riding.

In NYC I would bike around Manhattan. I love beautiful road rides in the mountains but biking around manhattan is a real thrill and you get to see so much. It's fun to to pretend ou are a bike courier an doge traffic

Murder rate in Israel: 2.1 per 100,000
Murder rate in United States: 4.8 per 100,000
Murder rate in New York City 3.8 per 100,000
Murder rate in Norway: 0.6 per 100,000.

Musiker

by Musiker

For the canaries I have been to both Club la Santa and last two years Playitas ( http://www.playitas.info/ ) on Fuerteventura and I prefer Playitas as a resort and I also think the cyclingroutes are just as good as from La Santa.
The food buffet on Playitas is actually pretty good imo. So you don't have to eat at restaurents or make your own food everyday.
This year we travelled with our daughter (10 months old at that time) and the evening buffet was a lifesaver.

Here is my strava log from the groupride december 2012:
http://app.strava.com/activities/32721433
Unfurtunatly I was in lousy shape- Dident get much riding done in october and no riding at all in November.. On the other hand it was a perfect occation to get up into gear again..