Custom Team Kits - best that's available to Australia?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

afie

by afie

Guys,

We are after a custom team kit for about 20 Brisbane riders. Looking offshore as previous Australian suppliers have not been good value and had poor fit, chamois and material.

We are after high-end bibs (compression material, preferably compression not silicone grippers, great chamois) and jerseys (full length zip, good material for hot and humid conditions) and gloves. Good fit for 6'+ muscular athletic-types. Simple, whole panel two colour plus black/white design.

We have heard good things about Capo, Giordana, Sugoi, Louis Garneau. Anyone from Australia have experiences?

Anyone else to recommend?
Riccò "Of the 10 controls taken, only two were positive. In theory all the tests should have been positive, therefore the method needs to be checked," he said.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

idler

by idler

Our club (along with many others in Sydney) have decided to go with Champion Systems. Feedback has been largely positive - others highly recommend Capo as well.

afie

by afie

I have heard some bad reports about Champ Sys.

We have the numbers to not need Champ Sys' good deals on minimums, but when Capo Super Corsa looks to be around $220 for bibs, jersey and gloves, Champ Sys looks less attractive.
Riccò "Of the 10 controls taken, only two were positive. In theory all the tests should have been positive, therefore the method needs to be checked," he said.

marssie

by marssie

You can look at the site of www.tineli.com . A company from New- Sealand who have a great line of custom clothes. I have also ordered by them evenI'm in the Netherlands.

TimmS

by TimmS

+1 for Tineli, specialy their aero jersey

maxxevv

by maxxevv

You could drop them a note:

http://www.altic.com.tw" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

They are a Taiwanese based company, very good quality considering their pricing. And if you're wondering about the bibs quality, you could ask to order a one off sample.
The last time I ordered from them was perhaps a little over a year ago. MOQ was 50. All custom sublimation, basically anything your normal inkjet printer can print, it can be done as long as the vector graphics are available.

Its not listed in their website, but they were previously heading another company that produced for the likes of Ironman franchise.

But currently, its the Chinese Lunar New Year, so best to try contacting them later towards the end of next week.

Their full product range can be viewed at: www.sporty.com.tw

In case you're wondering, no, I've got no direct business relations with them other than being a satisfied customer.

policedutchdog

by policedutchdog

A smaller US manufacture of super high end custom kits. Endocustoms.com We manufacture completely in-house from top to bottom here in Los Angeles. Full custom that will exceed all of your requirements in quality, materials and most importantly, fit.

Scott
scott@endocustoms.com
Endocustoms.com

idler

by idler

afie wrote:I have heard some bad reports about Champ Sys.

We have the numbers to not need Champ Sys' good deals on minimums, but when Capo Super Corsa looks to be around $220 for bibs, jersey and gloves, Champ Sys looks less attractive.

What bad things have you heard?

xnavalav8r

by xnavalav8r

Check out Verge Sport. Great quality from a family-owned and operated business. The people are amazing. The kit is top-notch. They own every aspect of the company from design (in USA) to manufacturing facility (in Poland).

http://vergesports.com/about_custom

*Disclaimer: The owners are close personal friends of mine. But I like to think that I am a good judge of good people... and it just happens that they make some amazing cycling kit.

petal666

by petal666

idler wrote:

Champ systems is cheap because they use cheap materials but they are quick and easy to deal with. It's not high quality gear though. Tineli is OK, but they don't have a very good cut, the jerseys doesn't fit most people our club, even after a couple of iterations. You'd think that they would have it right. My team is about to get Santini kit, but part of the deal is that the next club order must also be through them, I don't think anyone will complain.

Snicks

by Snicks

Have a look at Hincapie sports wear.

We have just completed our first order with them and I've been very impressed. Large range of different permutations of aero/race kits as well, including a kickass looking skinsuit.

Minimums are fairly low, (I think starting at 10?) but are on a sliding scale in terms of price. Have dealt with Champ Sys and Nemesis before and these guys blow them out of the water.

idler

by idler

petal666 wrote:
idler wrote:

Champ systems is cheap because they use cheap materials but they are quick and easy to deal with. It's not high quality gear though. Tineli is OK, but they don't have a very good cut, the jerseys doesn't fit most people our club, even after a couple of iterations. You'd think that they would have it right. My team is about to get Santini kit, but part of the deal is that the next club order must also be through them, I don't think anyone will complain.

To us the main advantage of Champion Systems was that with a club of around 250+ plus members we no longer had to keep large quantities of club clothing on hand -normally a very expensive exercise. With a lot of our members cost is high on their list of criteria for clothing:)

Our previous supplier was Scody - now that is bad quality stuff.

hoggy

by hoggy

I have used Champion systems for my club for about 4 years. I tried a couple of others prior but none that have been mentioned. I am aware of a group in Adelaide who were using santini custom and changed to champion because quality was better and cost less. As for my experience with Champion, having spent over $100k we have experienced some issues but with those numbers that is expected. One measure of a company is how they deal with issues and on that front every time issues are sorted. The rest of the time they deliver quality gear that fits 99% of people. Colours stay true, fabrics last, zips and chamois is good and they have a range of gear that can be mixed and matched. Eg elite bibs can be ordered along with others from their range.

I guess a measure of their quality and overall approach is how many clubs use them these days.

Ps apart from me being a satisfied customer I'm not in any way connected to champion, just relaying my personal experience.

Tinea Pedis

by Tinea Pedis

petal666 wrote: My team is about to get Santini kit, but part of the deal is that the next club order must also be through them, I don't think anyone will complain.

Until it's 4 weeks over due...and still not close to arriving.

Don't get me wrong, I rate the stuff highly. Just that sticking to timelines is not presently their strongest attribute.

We'll be in Sportful this season. Tried on the race cut that was given to the Saxo boys, wow! Cannot wait to get my hands on it. Tight, not flapping and comfortable.

Definitely worth an email.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

petal666

by petal666

Tinea Pedis wrote:
petal666 wrote: My team is about to get Santini kit, but part of the deal is that the next club order must also be through them, I don't think anyone will complain.

Until it's 4 weeks over due...and still not close to arriving.
Yeah, I have heard that. Goldcross is involved with our order, so hopefully their buying power will apply enough pressure to keep it on time.