Looking for a Carbon/Titanium Frame

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

scotty

by scotty

I'm thinking of getting a carbon/titanium frame, the one that stands out at the moment is a Passoni Xxti.
The problem with that is the price.. :shock:
I'm also interested in the Dean and Holland Exogrid frames... (Ritte also do one!!)
What I like about the Passoni is the ISP.
Can anyone point me in a similar direction that won't brake the bank!!

Thanks
Scott

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

iamalex

by iamalex

The Passoni frames are rather nice. The Legend Queen Ti has a carbon seatube ISP thing. Not sure about pricing:
http://www.cyclingtips.com.au/2012/10/b ... ch-legend/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

When I was looking at my Enigma here in the UK they had something with a carbon ISP. This ones steel but I'm sure I saw saw a Ti one once...

I've seen secondhand Titus carbon/ti road frames go for bargain on eBay: Solera, Ligero or Vuelo. No ISP but were fabricated with Exogrid.

Depending on your budget anything is possible - call up a framebuilder and ask...

Pantani

by Pantani

I train on a Merlin Solis, which has carbon seatstays. Great bike, but I'd go all TI - the carbon mix doesn't really add anything. I have to admit that Passioni do have that a certain allure though.....
Not everything that counts can be counted. Not everything that can be counted counts.

HillRPete

by HillRPete

German KOCMO had a CF/Ti bike called Blackline, but it's gone from the website in 2013. Maybe you can still get one somewhere. Think it was around €2000 or so.

Edit: seems the page is still there, just not linked from the products list.

http://www.kocmo.de/en/products/?visit= ... &id=100026

Attachments
kocmo-black-line.jpg

scotty

by scotty

The Legend Queen is a thing of beauty!!!
I'll mail them and see about pricing..

Thanks for the feedback!!

atakaoka

by atakaoka

I don`t remember where if I`m not wrong Legend Queen costs something around 6000 pounds the frame set.
I hope I`m wrong it`s a dream frrame to me.
cycling,a great individual sport,were you can't reach anything,whithout group effort.

Eros

by Eros

The Queen is indeed a beautiful frame but the price tag (6K£ as atakaoka stated) is a bit... big. :mrgreen:

Burgunder

by Burgunder

Rob English has some implementations of carbon with steel, that's not titanium, but I guess he can build it with SS tubes. Image

Miller

by Miller

Tommasini Carbomach is titanium main triangle with carbon rear stays.
http://www.tommasini.it/eng/titanium-frame-carbomach.php

Tommasini Carbofire has Spirit steel top tube and down tube, carbon seat tube and stays, and some pretty lugwork.
http://www.tommasini.it/eng/steel-frame-carbofire.php

Scapin Style, steel and carbon, carbon ISP.

http://www.scapin.com/ita/bici-carbonio-acciao-steel/style/gallery/

HillRPete

by HillRPete

If you're considering custom, Black Cat Bicycles also has a steel/carbon one in the gallery:

maxxevv

by maxxevv

Seven Cycles : Elium SL

jooo

by jooo

Quiring Cycles have built a bunch of MTB's so I can't imagine they'd have any problems with road frames...

pdmtong

by pdmtong

scotty wrote:I'm thinking of getting a carbon/titanium frame, the one that stands out at the moment is a Passoni Xxti.
The problem with that is the price.. :shock:

just curious - why? I have a serotta ottrott that was made for the kodak gallery sierra nevada team so it is a full gas race design...rides great. but that was at a time when full carbon had yet to come into it's own. my parlee z3c rides as nice and is lighter, and of course we now live in a world of moots RSL etc. the mixed materials bikes will always cost a lot since they, well, mix the materials... no getting around that.

maxxevv

by maxxevv

Think you missed out on that he's actually referring to Passoni being the price issue.

pdmtong

by pdmtong

maxxevv wrote:Think you missed out on that he's actually referring to Passoni being the price issue.

perhaps, then again everyone else chiming in with all sorts of ti/carbon suggestions apparently did as well.

that aside, back to the topic...what is the f/f price of the XXti in question? my guess is at least $3500 USD and likely more. If OP is thinking it chould be less, perhaps this is not the material that matches his budget :-(

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com