Hello from the UK

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

vala

by vala

Just a quick hello to introduce myself.
Name's Dan and I'm from the UK.
Never really been into road riding having always preferred mountain bikes however a new job meant a commuter was possible. So I purchased a Cotic Roadrat (single speed) which seems to have ignited a an interest in the slimmer tyre variety.
Aside from my commute I now ride on the weekends with a couple of 'roadie' mates where we are building up the mileage to complete a few challenges this summer, London 2 Brighton return, Dunwich Dynamo and potentially Coast 2 Coast.

Looking forward to participating on the forums.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

michel2

by michel2

Welcome vala, a bike is a bike is a bike (; i think they cater for everyone here !
london brighton london 54 mile on may isnt , that a pretty descent effort in anyone books!did you say your planing to do that ride on a single speed ?
No show us some pictures of your rides

RichTheRoadie
Tinker, Taylor, Tart

by RichTheRoadie

If you're London-based, this is a *lovely* ride: http://www.bikeroutetoaster.com/Course. ... urse=44253

bm0p700f
in the industry

by bm0p700f

A single speed is how I gotinto to roading from an MTB background. Now I am a proper roadie.

vala

by vala

All the 'challenges' will completed with the bike set up as a single speed. I do like the fact there's no other options when the going get's tough to just get focused and battle it out.

Here's a pic of the Cotic (I bought it off an old member of this forum). Rear mudguard cracked at the base during my commute so I'm looking at modifying it to fit. Luckily at the moment the weather is too bad and I don't see one other cyclist my whole commute so no one get's sprayed. As for my riding mates on the weekend's.....I see it as encouragement if there ever behind me! haha! The V12's are on for the commute, at the weekend's I've got some Time Xpresso fitted. A few things will be changed over time notably the wheels but at the moment she does the job fine.

And here's a pic of my Ellsworth. Use this for trail riding however am considering either going for a pump track setup or maybe replacing the frame with something that has a 31.8mm ST so I can run a dropper post. Cotic Soul/Ragley Blue Pig, something steel.

I also have a Pashley 26Mhz trial bike. Had it for years and just can't bear to part with it even though it's in bits in the loft at the moment. I don't think I'll ever part with it. Really do need to get back into trials riding.

mattyb95

by mattyb95

Ditchling Beacon on a single speed, now that will be interesting.

Welcome and best of luck with everything.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com