WinterRider

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

WinterRider

by WinterRider

I reside in the midwest USA.. and rode 4100 miles last yr.. my riding yr ends each Oct 15th. Consider myself a fitness rider.. recreational riders I'd define as social/after evening meal types plodding along. I need the exercise and enjoy it a good deal.

Over 60 and over 235 lbs at current.. got into wheel building after being unable to ride one long weekend due to repair shops being closed & on one available to replace a spoke. Found I like wheel building.. for myself only to date.

WW... going that direction.. for my weight class. Riding a bike suited for 140 lbs isn't too wise for someone of my weight.. yet that does not mean one has to ride a tank either.. I've found. My salt season/rain bike is one of those.. while that bike has earned my respect for durability.. I find now I loathe it. I've built essentially the same MTB bike.. only around 10 lbs lighter. But for now I won't let the 'new' one see much salt.

I've built 3 triplets to date.... 27", 26" and 700c the most recent. That 700 is 28 hole.. laced 18-10 to be mounted on the road bike this spring. I've found the wheel building thread very interesting.. some very knowledgeable people posting and I've learned a few things.

I ride all winter too.. restricted to 'decent road days'. No ice and slippery conditions for me.. been down a few times.. that is just not acceptable risk.

Hello to all.
Litespeed 2000 Appalachian 61 cm
Litespeed 1998 Blue Ridge 61cm

Fitness rider.. 1 yr from seven decades age.

That is my story and I'm stick'n to it.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

HillRPete

by HillRPete

Welcome to the forum!

Interesting wheelbuild, that 18/10. If you could post pictures, that would be great.

WinterRider

by WinterRider

Thanks.

Posted that 28 on the wheel building thread. In a way.. trolling I guess for a reasonable $ source
for a 27H rim.

WinterRider

by WinterRider

HillRPete wrote:Welcome to the forum!

Interesting wheelbuild, that 18/10. If you could post pictures, that would be great.

The 18/10 is over 8500 miles and rolling along. Shimano loose 'balls' smooth as ever. No weenie..
but sure been bulletproof. No issues staying true.. I wouldn't build it again. Spoke lengths .. several. Enjoyable project.

Did build a 27 .. using an 18 rim. Drilled the NDS holes.. Kinlin flavor under another label which I peeled anyway. Going strong .. Lasers.