Dura Ace 9000 - ETA late 2012/early 2013

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

bruno2000

by bruno2000

Did another 100km ride with my Cervélo S2 equipped with Dura-Ace 9000 11spd...
Oh boy Campagnolo is way behind on mechnical.
And if you ask me even on looks too but that can be discussed.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

aaric

by aaric

dha wrote:My DA C50 clinchers arrived today. Look great, just holding out for better weather before I run them on the bike.

Can you stick them on a scale and post results?

dha

by dha

aaric wrote:
dha wrote:My DA C50 clinchers arrived today. Look great, just holding out for better weather before I run them on the bike.

Haven't got a scale unfortunately.

Doolop

by Doolop

notaero wrote:For anyone who has been working with new dura ace parts, I have a question. I need to replace my rear 7900 derailleur. Would a 9000 model work with 7900 shifters, shifting over a 10s cassette? I know that there is a new pull ratio for the front derailleur, but I have not read anywhere about a change made on the rear.

The rear pull ratio has changed as well, they are not compatible.

SpeshK

by SpeshK

dha wrote:
aaric wrote:

Haven't got a scale unfortunately.

Mine have arrived too and I do have some scales. I'll post the results later.

Guerdi

by Guerdi

bruno2000 wrote:Did another 100km ride with my Cervélo S2 equipped with Dura-Ace 9000 11spd...

Incredible, I haven't read/heard a single negative comment about the groupset yet.

Usually there's a lot of shimano bashing on the web, but it seems the engineers from Osaka have scored big this time.

dvincere

by dvincere

There's literally nothing to complain about the new group. I had the pleasure of riding it on a 2013 Super Six and the feel is simply elegant. I love Campy but they have some catching up to do, again. You simply can't bash a groupset that feels this positive.

Horacio

by Horacio

Here's some negative press....9000 doesn't crash well. :(

5 8 5

by 5 8 5

bruno2000 wrote:Did another 100km ride with my Cervélo S2 equipped with Dura-Ace 9000 11spd...

You had me until your last sentence.......

maxxevv

by maxxevv

Think he's referring to the polarising effect of preferences when it comes to aesthetics. Some like the look, others don't. Henc " can be discussed "
But nobody seems to be arguing about the performance aspects of it though.

morrisond

by morrisond

I'll say purely on aesthetics it fails. I saw it recently in my LBS and the exposed internals on the shifters really looks unfinished plus the transition from the shiny to the black parts on the brakes and crank looks very inelegant as if the black is paint which I'm sure it is. They may look better going back to a 7800 like finish with no black.

Lucky for me I'm getting 9070 whose shifters look nicer finished (in pictures) - the RD is a work of art compared to EPS and as I'm running it on a Storck 0.6 no issues with the looks of the brakes or the cranks....

Tinea Pedis

by Tinea Pedis

morrisond wrote: and the exposed internals on the shifters really looks unfinished

Is the only drawback for mine.

But is a consistent gripe about Shimano.

Guerdi

by Guerdi

The new polymer cables (ref # Y-63Z98950) won't be available until the middle of May in Europe unfortunately Image

Mccaria

by Mccaria

I got a 9000 STI lever which had a rogue screw in the internal of the mechs which blocked the route for the brake cable and meant it was impossible to thread the brake cable through the lever. Took me a good 10 minutes to figure it out ! Bike shop hadn't seen that before. Other than that its a blast.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

NWSAlpine

by NWSAlpine

Guerdi wrote:The new polymer cables (ref # Y-63Z98950) won't be available until the middle of May in Europe unfortunately Image

Yeah I only see the brake cables but not the shift cables. I will have to keep checking back in a month to month basis until they show up somewhere.