Time Atac XC12

Discuss light weight issues concerning mountain bikes & parts.

Moderator: Moderator Team

XC-MTB

by XC-MTB

Hallo,

does anyone have experience with these pedals. Just come across them and have seen that they have lost a serious amount of weight compared to the previous model. A friend of mine is using the last one without any issues. I had the older ones from the end of the 90s without problems. After a few years on Shimano´s with good experience I am thinking about a lighter but reliable option.

Please do not rate CB or others. Had them and only problems in Mud - XC and CX.

Looking forward to hearing from your opinions.

Matthias

:D

tetonrider

by tetonrider

those pedals just came out (consumer availability), so i think you will find it unlikely that someone has riding experience with them already...unless it was a prototype pair or they have very limited riding.

i've ridden lots of time models including the last atac xs titan version, and i have a set of these waiting to be ridden. they did shave quite a bit of weight. i moved over to eggbeaters last season; i was seduced by the weight and wanted to try something new. time has closed the gap a bit with this one.

unfortunately, i won't be riding these outside for 3-4 months, but i expect them to perform just like other time pedals, which is to say very, very good.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

XC-MTB

by XC-MTB

Hallo

received mine yesterday. The weight is true. Had one on the scale and it was just 121g. When the function is like I had in the past with time it is pretty impressive.

Will let you know.

Kind Regards

Matthias

Lateralus

by Lateralus

So 121 g per pedal i suppose, not per pair of pedals?
I also used Eggies for weight reasons but when i switched back to xtr 980 it was like heaven ;)

tetonrider

by tetonrider

Lateralus wrote:So 121 g per pedal i suppose, not per pair of pedals?
I also used Eggies for weight reasons but when i switched back to xtr 980 it was like heaven ;)

well, 121g per pair would make them lighter than eggbeaters by 60g. :)

they are quoted as 241g for the pair. my set comes in at 245.

they come in a nice tin presentation box which makes you realize they are over-priced. :)