Specialized S-Works Tarmac in RED..

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

mec287

by mec287

..Hi I'm relatively new here and will soon be looking to WW my stock 2012 S-Works SL4 tarmac. It's the stock red frameset with many white decals and roval Fusee SLX wheels and I'm looking for inspiration. It's currently at the local dealers following the S-Works forks recall (see bikeradar for details) so here's a stock picture until I get it back. I've seen loads of fantastic looking black and stealth S-Works builds, but I am a fan of red so have any of you out there got pics of your pride and joy you're willing to share??

Thanks in advance, Martin.
Attachments
Not the actual bike, but mine looks like this....
Not the actual bike, but mine looks like this....
S-works 2012 in Red viewtopic.php?f=10&t=111951" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

nathanong87
Resident master of GIF

by nathanong87

stealth bikes work 100% of time, 10% of the time.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

CBJ

by CBJ

The red is great too classic Specialized. I would still like a bike like that with all black wheels, saddle and tape. I think it makes the red stand out even more but then again it will do nothing for you when you ride the bike. Show us some of you own pictures though build list and weight.

NWSAlpine

by NWSAlpine

I like the red specialized frames.

I have seen the all bright red one that was at the Olympics. When I rode past the guy on it the bike really stood out.

mec287

by mec287

Thanks for the comments - as soon as it's back from the shop I'll post some in the flesh pics. They'll be weighing the whole bike too (w/o pedals and bottle cages, which I've yet to add) so as it's a totally stock SL4 that will also give anyone who's interested the overall weight. It's a 56cm frame by the way.
S-works 2012 in Red viewtopic.php?f=10&t=111951" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

kattanm

by kattanm

mec287 wrote:Thanks for the comments - as soon as it's back from the shop I'll post some in the flesh pics. They'll be weighing the whole bike too (w/o pedals and bottle cages, which I've yet to add) so as it's a totally stock SL4 that will also give anyone who's interested the overall weight. It's a 56cm frame by the way.

You'll enjoy some "what not to do" from this thread:

http://weightweenies.starbike.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=111288

mec287

by mec287

photos to follow but the news is that using the shop's not super accurate set of hanging scales the whole bike come out at 14.5 lbs (5.8kg). I was pleasantly surprised at this; it backs up how light the bike actually feels. :)

kattanm

by kattanm

mec287 wrote:photos to follow but the news is that using the shop's not super accurate set of hanging scales the whole bike come out at 14.5 lbs (5.8kg). I was pleasantly surprised at this; it backs up how light the bike actually feels. :)

Nice. But you mean 6.6 kg right?

mec287

by mec287

Ha Ha - fat fingers on the iphone calculator. 6.6kg it is!!

Link to pic on Flickr (hopefully). Note that the front wheel is the wrong way round - I have since sorted this after taking the photo). All suggestions welcomed; I'm thinking of white Look Keo 2 max pedals (I have two other bikes with Looks and get on well with them).

http://www.flickr.com/photos/89657681@N05/8440459685/

kattanm

by kattanm

mec287 wrote:Ha Ha - fat fingers on the iphone calculator. 6.6kg it is!!

Link to pic on Flickr (hopefully). Note that the front wheel is the wrong way round - I have since sorted this after taking the photo). All suggestions welcomed; I'm thinking of white Look Keo 2 max pedals (I have two other bikes with Looks and get on well with them).

http://www.flickr.com/photos/89657681@N05/8440459685/

Ok. You can get another pound out of that bike easy; check out my build list on the link above.

mec287

by mec287

So, finally got it weighed today - thanks to The Green Bike Company. Pretty pleased as this is with 2 bottle cages (carbon) and pedals (look keo 2 max carbon) and a not so light ultegra 12-30 cassette.
image by mec287, on Flickr

So that's 6.92kilos, or 15lb 4oz. This will do me for now, but in time I'll trim 100g off to get below 15lb.

sawyer

by sawyer

... for those new to the WW game builds are always heavier than they think ...

Nice job though!
----------------------------------------
Stiff, Light, Aero - Pick Three!! :thumbup:

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com