Show off you WW 29r builds!

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

eurperg

by eurperg

weeracerweenie wrote:That is so right! i LOVE it :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Thanks weeracerweenie! :beerchug:

Here's the same bike in 1x9 setup with e13 XCX chain guide, about 700 grams heavier...

Just rode it yesterday, 1,5 hours singletrack on concrete-hard-packed snowshoe trails, almost better than riding in summer.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Martin.F

by Martin.F

Mine:

Originally at 7.23kg with suspension fork/6.27kg rigid, but had to made some changes. Now with XX crankset (instead of lightning), eggbeater 1 pedals with ti spindle (instead of XTR) and Stans race gold (instead of Extralite/crest) @ 7.46 kg suspension/6.5kg rigid. Looking to shed some weight with a new set of carbon wheels this year (and hopefully increase stiffness). Target of 7.4 kg flat with suspension and 6.4 kg rigid.

helios

by helios

Air 9 large
RockShox SID XX tapered 15mm TA
Avid XX 160/140
DT 240s/Arch
SLX with e.thirteen 32t Guidering
BEER EBB for PF30
Chris King 18t cog
Thomson Elite
FSA OS-99
Truvativ Noir T30
Just over 20lbs with heavy tires

NS

by NS

Not quite finished yet just the bars to come, gone for the Easton EC70 Wide

9.3kg as shown size M (17.5)

Stumpjumper comp carbon
Rockshox Reba RL forks
SRAM XX1 Group
Hope Race Tech Evo X2 brakes
Hope Hoops Crest 29ers with Specialized Renegade S-Works tyres
Thomson X4 Stem
Thomson Masterpiece Pin
Specialized Phenom Pro Saddle
Time Atac Ti Pedals
Ergon GS1 grips (replacing with ESI Chunkys)

Last edited by NS on Sun Feb 03, 2013 9:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

devinci

by devinci

Nice bike NS

Kastrup

by Kastrup

The Niner Eurperg, the best looking bike i have seen in a while. Looks damn fast!

And i totally get your love for hardpacked snow!
"Stay cool and try to survive" A. Klier to the other members of the Garmin classics squad the night before P-R.

thisisbenji

by thisisbenji

NS wrote:Image

Love this bike!

I have some work to do if I want to be able to post my 27.5lbs Specialized Carve on this site. :roll:

NS

by NS

Thanks for the comments guys

@thisisbenji wheels, seatpin, saddle and cranks took off most of the weight well over a kilo in fact.

The only thing left is the forks and I don't see a good cash spent vs weight lost ratio there. I am considering going full rigid though.

thisisbenji

by thisisbenji

Those are some of the upgrades I'm thinking myself actually. Some S-Works Renegades will take close to 400g off my bike for under $100. I just weighed my skewers, I could loose close to 100g right there.

renoracing

by renoracing

I built this up at the end of last season(September) and have only gotten a few rides in on it as Winter made it's way to our trails. It's not totally weight weenied' out, and there is a ton of weight to be shaved if I decided to, but I built it to be "light-weight" and yet sturdy as it's my race bike and training bike. Contemplated swapping the frame for a Niner Air9, as it would be over 380grams lighter just in the frame, but I do love the look and feel of this frame, despite it's weight. Came out to 23.17lbs/10.5kg... Easy potential of half a pound of weight savings between the stem(easton ea70), seatpost(ec90), saddle(ergon sm3), skewers and rotors, if I wanted to start geeking out on it, which will most likely happen this year as the road bike is at a comfortable weight now... :roll:

yourdaguy

by yourdaguy

Bike Bling has Air9 frames on closeout for $510 + around $50 for shipping depending on zip. That would work out to less than $1.50 per gram saved.
For certain parts stiffer is more important than lighter.

hardy

by hardy

This is my budget weenie 29" singlespeed. Started life as a Canondale Trail SL3 29" SS bike, the aim was to keep it under £1000. Didn't quite stay under a grand, but it's not far over.
Original weight was 11.5kg/25.5lb, currently comes in at 9.6kg/21.2lb (would like to get sub 20lb)

Frame- Cannondale Trail SL3 29" SS, 21". EBB
Forks- On-One carbon monocoque, tapered steerer
Wheels- Superstar Switch hubs (rebranded Novatech), Superstar Sentinel 29" rims (rebranded Alex), DB spokes
Tyres- Maxxis Ardent 2.25/Crossmark 2.1
Tubeless- Joes NoFlats
Skewer- Mount Zoom front, rear is bolt up
Headset- Hope tapered
Stem- RaceFace Turbine 70mm
Bars- Mount Zoom 640mm carbon flat
Seatpost- Raceface Next 350/31.6
Saddle- Ragley Cheeky
Clamp- Hope 34.9
Grips-ESI racer
Barends- Cane Creek ergo (heavy but comfy)
Brake Levers- Avid SD7
Brakes- Avid BB7 160/140
Cables- OEM Jagwire
Sprocket- Superstar alloy 18t
Chainring- RaceFace 32t
Chainset- RaceFace Evolve XC 175mm
Chainring bolts- XCNC alloy
Chain- Sram 8spd
Pedals- Shimano M540
Cage- RSP ti (same as Mount Zoom), alloy bolts

There are some planned changes, waiting on a HBC 32t chainring, which will go with a Sram X9 chainset. Possibly new tyres, or at least a lighter front one. Ti bolts for rear hub, stem, seatpost clamp. Maybe new pedals, not sure which though (anything but Crank Brothers).
"no hour of life is lost that is spent in the saddle"
Sir Winston Churchill

lordconqueror

by lordconqueror

renoracing wrote:I built this up at the end of last season(September) and have only gotten a few rides in on it as Winter made it's way to our trails. It's not totally weight weenied' out, and there is a ton of weight to be shaved if I decided to, but I built it to be "light-weight" and yet sturdy as it's my race bike and training bike. Contemplated swapping the frame for a Niner Air9, as it would be over 380grams lighter just in the frame, but I do love the look and feel of this frame, despite it's weight. Came out to 23.17lbs/10.5kg... Easy potential of half a pound of weight savings between the stem(easton ea70), seatpost(ec90), saddle(ergon sm3), skewers and rotors, if I wanted to start geeking out on it, which will most likely happen this year as the road bike is at a comfortable weight now... :roll:

how do you like that fork so far?

devinci

by devinci

for anyone interested, I've updated my build, see my signature for the updates.

GASer

by GASer

hardy wrote:This is my budget weenie 29" singlespeed. Started life as a Canondale Trail SL3 29" SS bike, the aim was to keep it under £1000. Didn't quite stay under a grand, but it's not far over.
Original weight was 11.5kg/25.5lb, currently comes in at 9.6kg/21.2lb (would like to get sub 20lb)

Hi, what would be the main use of a full rigid, single speed 29er? Thanks
Trek SpeedConcept 9.9 Project One, Basso Diamante SV, DeRosa SK (sold), Orbea Orca Gold 6430gr, Orbea Aqua, Tommasini Tecno, FM-066SL 6480gr, Kinesis RaceLight T2, Trek Superfly 100, Orbea Alma 29, Specialized Enduro S-Works 29, KTM EXC-250

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com