Hongfu FM-066/Chinese open mould frame thread

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

cazone

by cazone

looks great !

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

hawiken

by hawiken

I'd been riding a Serotta Ottrott- Sram Red, Topolino AX 3.0 wheels-really loved that bike (and still do!). About 14 months ago, I had the urge to do a project bike, so purchased a Pedal Force CG II when they had a group sale going; think that it was about $750 for the frame, fork, headset delivered to Hawaii. Had a local airbrush artist put a custom Hawaiian-motif paint job on it, built it up with a mix of Sram Red/Force and another set of Topolino AX 3.0's. It's now my go-to bike- put about 6200 miles on it last year, and about 1200 on the Serotta. Light, stiff, and comfortable. I'm 6', 220 pounds. Bike came in at 16.6 lbs for a 58. I'm absolutely satisfied with both the ride and the build quality of the frame and fork.
For what it's worth...

CharlesM

by CharlesM

And like magic ... :roll:

metanoize

by metanoize

@CharlesM What problem do you have with this bike? Honestly, I don't know where you're coming from!

I own a Baum Corretto, Seven Ti Axiom, IF steel crown jewel, Bontrager Road Lite, Bridgeton MB1, and this FM066, which I enjoy and like as much as the rest of my bikes.

hiro11

by hiro11

Thought I'd weigh in with my experiences.

I bought a Miracle Trade MC053 last year. It's a Scott Foil clone. Weight: 1120 grams with the seat wedge mechanism. I rode it all last year.

The bike went together easily, no issues with the internal cables or bearing faces. Finish is matte and very nice. Seatpost clamp works perfectly.

The bike rides like a true race bike should: long and low, stiff as hell and very responsive. The fork is massive on this model and the handling is crit bike tight. Chainstays are also big and boxy, the bike is a very fast climber. Overall, not the most comfortable frame, but very, very efficient.

Would I buy again from a Chinese generic seller? Absolutely. My experience has been really good, the bike looks nice and it has held up perfectly. Also, at $500 shipped, it's quite a bargain. I just bought some carbon clinchers from Far sports, we'll see how those do.

EMMANUEL15

by EMMANUEL15

Here is mine it just arrived yesturday 7 days after ordering 8)

http://www.velobuild.com/6-build-photos ... 66-sl#9820

KWalker

by KWalker

Just because you own a lot of bikes doesn't mean anything. Some people can ride anything and not notice my case in point being the guy that comes into the shop with his tires pumped to max pressure of 140 PSI on his sparkly new Pinarello with Di2 (lots of these riding around) talking about how racy and stiff the bike feels.
Don't take me too seriously. The only person that doesn't hate Froome.
Gramz
Failed Custom Bike

EMMANUEL15

by EMMANUEL15

Hello guys here it is

nickl

by nickl

EMMANUEL15 wrote:Hello guys here it is..

Why would you take a perfectly good frame and then try to make it something it's not?

EMMANUEL15

by EMMANUEL15

nickl wrote:
EMMANUEL15 wrote:Hello guys here it is..

Why would you take a perfectly good frame and then try to make it something it's not?

Just because it s my choice and i live in a democratie (France) so i do what i want
Best regards

metanoize

by metanoize

I think you have every right to do this, especially that Cervelo is a Canadian French company ;) And this bike is better than most Cervelo bikes!

EMMANUEL15

by EMMANUEL15

Thanks Metanoise , i juste did 60km with it Under the snow the bike is very responsive , rigid eneugh for my 88kgs , the handling is very good it s got the same geometry as cannondale bikes. like on te pictures it s 7.2Kgrs with nothing light on it just normal 6700Shimano and heavy bar and steem Giant.

And for the graphics it s just because it look like it that i find nice to put Cervelo on it.

eric

by eric

I'm almost done building up my FM066.

I'm glad you like it but those graphics are wrong. They're not even that good looking, and making a fake like that is posing.

If you want graphics, do something original.

EMMANUEL15

by EMMANUEL15

That s your opinion Eric the people i ride with , have never seen a real one not much cervelo around and the main think that s doing the job i m asking for , thanks for your 2cents compliments, really helpful mate.
Me i like it a lot like that!!!!!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com