New SRAM 1x11

Discuss light weight issues concerning mountain bikes & parts.

Moderator: Moderator Team

susta

by susta

I have a Flash 1 carbon size M model year 2013, i want to install the new XX1. What cranckset i have to buy? BB30 q factor 156 or BB30 q factor 168? please help me! Thanks!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

cerro

by cerro

As said in Introduce yourself, 168 for all Cannondales nowadays.

js

by js

Does anyone which common 29er HT bikes the Q=156mm Crank actually works with?

I understand that SRAM's safest way to express compatibility is with measurements, as they have on their site, but without manufacturers providing these measurements for their frames, it's a bit tough to know. Far nicer to have first-hand experience from fellow weenies.

So, if we know Cannondale and Niner need the Q=168mm option, what about Specialized, Scott, Giant or others?

limba

by limba

Salsa told me to play it safe and get 168 for my Moto Rapido. I don't think companies know what works until they actually try it.

Rogue

by Rogue

I have had 156 mm XX cranks on both a Bianchi Methanol 29" and a Scott 29". The Bianchi is a 17" and the Scott a medium.
Pain is weakness leaving the body.

roselend
Shop Wrench

by roselend

Definitely the sickest ride I've put together in the last couple of weeks, thought I'd share:
Specialized Enduro S-Works with SRAM XX1 (12.8 kg, pedals included)

Havent rode the group yet, but setting it up it feels good. Cable routing on the rear derailleur is a little funky but the shifting feels like firing a gun, pretty awesome.

shill

by shill

I am riding 156q on my 2013 trek superfly. It is easy to measure. Follow the instructions on SRAMs tech site for frame compatibility.

Scott

Kegelhoff

by Kegelhoff

I looked at all the info I can find and I thought I would just try and confirm this is correct with all the experts here:

Ordeing the new XX1 for a 2012 Scott Scale Expert 29er Hardtail. Bottom bracket is BB92. I would need to order the GXP Cranks withs 156Q ???

Is that correct?

THANKS in advance.

mgr

by mgr

Kegelhoff wrote:I looked at all the info I can find and I thought I would just try and confirm this is correct with all the experts here:

Ordeing the new XX1 for a 2012 Scott Scale Expert 29er Hardtail. Bottom bracket is BB92. I would need to order the GXP Cranks withs 156Q ???

Is that correct?

THANKS in advance.

You could go 156Q, i had the 156Q XX on my scale Pro. But it was very close to the frame. It never hit the frame. but it was very close.