Bont shoes

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

HaroldC

by HaroldC

camber66 wrote:I want to buy Bont A1 speedplay shoes in the net shops.
Please help with right size. Usually wear SIDI - 46, Lake - 46(12US), run shoes Nike, Mizuno (10,5UK-11.5US) They all fit me fine.
P.S. I'm stopped from purchase only by that CRC and Wiggle have stopped to trade them. At forum RBR there are only negative responses about quality. All became possible better in new model maybe.

Bont's website shows you how to size yourself in their shoes. It involves measuring a few different parameters, and not in comparison to others shoes.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

claus

by claus

Andyst1 wrote:... the cleat screws poke all the way through the sole...

You have to use shorter screws -- the normal screws are for the common sole thickness.

Andyst1

by Andyst1

claus wrote:
Andyst1 wrote:... the cleat screws poke all the way through the sole...

You have to use shorter screws -- the normal screws are for the common sole thickness.

Oh right. I was told I had the shortest screws available. I will hunt down shorter screws then, thanks. :noidea:

claus

by claus

I simply cut the screws because I couldn't find any matching size locally. That took some time but at least it gave me the exact length I needed.

carbon2329

by carbon2329

For look pedals, you can use speedplay screws. They are shorter. That is what I use for the same problem. :D :thumbup:

Biplrsaba

by Biplrsaba

i found the CCT 1 lower cut and not as forming at the heel as my Vaypors. Felt like I was losing some of the stiff direct transfer due to these changes. IMHO the CCT is 75% of the Vaypor performance

Rideuphill wrote:
nathanong87 wrote:what's the diff between ctt and vaypor? or is ctt just a vaypor with cervelo on the strap?

hornedfrog wrote:the vaypor has a reduced carbon height around the toe box, a different suede liner, vents above the toe box, and is said to have a better build quality

Noticed the CTT models are selling for less then half price of the Vapors on line. Do you think the build quality between the CTT and Vapors are that drastic that they are going for less then half the cost of Vapors?

After reading all the positive comments towards the Bonts I was considering ordering a pair of the CTT but after reading hornedfrog comments I may reconsider.

Is there anyone riding the CTT that has any more info regarding the difference?

Thanks,

nathanong87
Resident master of GIF

by nathanong87

edit: just kidding

Rideuphill

by Rideuphill

Biplrsaba. That seem like a fair opinion. Appreciate the feed back. I think I may wait and look at ordering a pair of Vapors.

cnbky

by cnbky

the new vaypor...having recently bought a vaypor i wish i waited for these, these look lighter without the bulky buckle.

http://www.bikerumor.com/2013/01/28/new ... materials/

Shinobi

by Shinobi

Does anyone have experience heat molding a speedplay-specific Bont shoe? I am wondering if there are any special instructions as the base is not the same shape (a sharper angle at the cleat area). Thanks.

4speed

by 4speed

bont riot

micky

by micky

Interesting shoes, especially considering the price.

The shape seems a bit more rounded than the Vaypors, or is it the photo angle?

Stefano

by Stefano

Hi guys,

Having a sizing dilemma. I went to Bont's website to use the fit calculator, I plugged in my measurements and it said I'd be a size 43. Problem is, I've been a size 45 in everything, size 45 Sidi is a tad too small and gives me hotspots. Should I go with the calculator or should I just order the 45s?

Stefano

Shinobi

by Shinobi

Stefano, see if you can try them on in store. If not, I would say, measure your foot like Bont's website states, but check your 2nd and 3rd toes. If they don't look like the image on the size chart (meaning they are equal length/longer than your big toe), I would say go up one size to be safe -- that's one size above the recommended 4-5mm over your actual foot length. The top view image is the exact shape of the shoe, so you can estimate how much less room the 2nd and 3rd toes will have in comparison to the big toe.

Other than that, I think the size chart is pretty true. I wish more companies would list the actual foot size in mm vs some arbitrary number like 8 or 8.5. I just picked up a pair of Vaypors in the size Bont recommended, and they seem to be half a mm too short on my 2nd toe, but we'll see how it feels after a molding session or two. Also make sure to mention if you have flat feet, if you're buying from Bont's website.

NWSAlpine

by NWSAlpine

I used the online fit guide and measured a few times to be sure. Add a mm to length and width to see if it bumps you up to the next size or half size. If it does then get that bigger size.

I had 48 in Sidi which was a little too big and should have had a 47. The 46.5 wide vaypor is a perfect fit for me.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com