Time xpresso pedals

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

haydos

by haydos

I have been testing out a pair of espresso 8's for our shop as we are thinking of stocking them.

On the first ride I was on them I snapped the carbon blade in half on the left pedal. They were factory spec (not adjusted in any way).

We replaced the carbon blade and now have not had one issue in 300-400k's.

I feel they are the easiest pedals to clip in by far, great for newbies or the unco-ordinated like me ;)

I'm actually now going to put a set on my own bike- that's how much I like them- even after the breakage.

FYI I've had look, early time, shimano and have speed plays on my bikes ATM.
Current Quiver:
Cervelo Aspero, Dura Ace 12
Time RXR, Record 10sp
Colnago C40 Mapei

In the past:
C59 x 2, EPS, Dogma2, Dogma, Caad 12, SuperSix HM, BMC RM01, Focus Izalco, Scott Foil, Cervelo R3SL, BMC SLC01, S-Works Tarmac, TCR

cerro

by cerro

keong72 wrote:Just got my xpresso 12 perfect match with my 2013 CF8!!!

A picture please, seems like a perfect combination :)

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

JBV

by JBV

HammerTime2 wrote:Maybe it's time for Time to release RXS Ulteam Classic (or RXS Carbon Ti Classic), sort of like Coke did with Coca Cola Classic after New Coke fizzled. Maybe some parts of the pedal and cleat are better off remaining metal.

Completely agree, RXS line were the best pedals Time ever made. I've still got 3 pair, not changing anytime soon.

fdegrove
Tubbie Guru

by fdegrove

Hi,

Nope...
Their best effort IMO was the Time BTB pedal with had very little stack height and a very large platform.
The Xpresso are pretty close to that design only far more modern and far more lighter.
IMO they have everything to become the classic the TBT was if they hold up mechanically.

Ciao, ;)
Being a snob is an expensive hobby.

ipaul

by ipaul

For me all the newer styles retain the classic time float, which I prefer. However to make them great again I sure wish the cleat can go back to something similar to the impact cleat and allow for 4 hole mounting. With more 4 hole shoes becoming available that would put the iclics and rxs over the top.
:P

Finn

by Finn

Hmm, these pedals look certainly interesting. I might give them a shot if positive reviews pop up. My knees are starting to hate SPD-SL pedals...

ninjanoir78

by ninjanoir78

finaly I bought xpresso 6, received yesterday, pretty light, but the plastic seems to be cheap or fragile...
Ninja

RC856

by RC856

Looking to hear from people who have moved to Xpresso 12 from RXS Carbon Ti.
I have used the RXS for a few years and while they've served me well, I recently found myself looking at the 12 and the bit of weight saving.

Being really picky though, I'm not sure if I'd like the red on the axle as there's no red on my frame :?

vala

by vala

I've got some 2's and a friend has the 4's. Only 240km on them so far but seem to be holding up well and doing the job fine.

ninjanoir78

by ninjanoir78

my 6's are lighter than look keo 2 max carbon (30g pair) and 60$ cheaper
Ninja

fdegrove
Tubbie Guru

by fdegrove

Hi,

Being really picky though, I'm not sure if I'd like the red on the axle as there's no red on my frame

Never understood why marketing people insist on having their product stand out by covering it in a flashy colour that would then not match anything but a few customer's frames.
And it's not just Time.

Ciao, ;)
Being a snob is an expensive hobby.

kibsen

by kibsen

Time Xpresso 8 "pro" is black without any red colour
192 grams

hint! google time xpresso 8 pro

savechief

by savechief

Time Xpresso 8

Time XPresso 8 Pro
Time VXRS Ulteam (7.16 kg)
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=120268

dvincere

by dvincere

I couldn't find the Time XPresso 8 Pro anywhere. Where does one buy these in the US? Or see any details (are they different than the 8's in any way but color)? It's not on Time's website even. I, like other's, would love an 8 or 12 but the red kills it for me. it just wouldn't fit with my bike.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

kibsen

by kibsen

Xpresso 8 pro is available in Europe (Most UK based webshops have them in stock)
The distributor told us that they are reinforced but I think it's mainly the colour that makes the difference.

Black fits most cycles ;)