Moots Vamoots RSL - 6140g

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

elfuinha

by elfuinha

Swissstop Flash black prince as arraived and
Spin 3mm CK headset Crown Ti, as ordered.

I'm expecting to have more break power,
and the same modulation, with this new brakes and pads, versos EE brakes + zipp cork (witch i consider a already good setup, till speeds of 70km/h, more than this they start to sream like hell)

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

elfuinha

by elfuinha

pics soon

elfuinha

by elfuinha

Ritchey C260 superlogic 110mm on the way.
Also black ti bolts and washers on the way too.

elfuinha

by elfuinha

already done,

mew pics soon outside:

http://imageshack.us/a/img94/2757/dsc02694ua.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://imageshack.us/a/img233/7554/dsc02695pt.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://imageshack.us/a/img132/162/dsc02696z.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://imageshack.us/a/img513/3640/dsc02697c.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://imageshack.us/a/img152/9326/dsc02698u.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

fork came with wrong colour decals, they were to be black (THM mistake, to be solved soon, but i'm not in the mood to send the fork soon to them for repainting, because of the waiting time, regardless of this problem they are great to deal with, and in theire work is what you seen or know - perfection, and atentio to detail), but the grey also works with the frame.

please do not, coment on the pictures quality, its the machine, not me :lol:

best Regards

elfuinha

by elfuinha

Here It Is Bike Setup for Beginning of 2013:

Frame - Moots Vamoots RSL 56
THM SCAPULA F MATT CARBON
Haeadset - Chris King NoThreadset - Sotte Voce + extralite cap + SPIN TITANIUM FORK CROW 3mm
Seatpost - MCFK 3k 30.9mm + Pop-parts M5 yokes - 380mm
RITCHEY C260 SUPERLOGIC
Wheels - Lightweight Meilenstein MY2013 Tubular
Tyres/tubulares - Veloflex Extreme
Handlebar - MCFK Compact 3K 42cm
Seatclamp - Tune 34.9mm
Derrailleur Clamp 34.9 - MCFK
Front Derr. - Campagnolo Super Record - Cassete + FD + RD + Fiberlyte
Rear Derr. - Campagnolo Super Record
Cassette - Campagnolo Super Record 11-25
Shifters - Campagnolo Super Record
Brakes - REAR BREAK - THM FIBULA DUAL PIVOT custom Black
Chain - KMC X11SL
Crank - Cannondale SI SL 53/39 - Soon to be changed to EECRANK as soon as they are released
BB - Sram PFBB30 ceramic - Soon to be changed to EECRANK as soon as they are released
Saddle - MCFK 3K matt
Pedals - Keywin Carbon-ti - 3mm spindle
Bar tape - Lizard Skins DSP race 1.8mm
Cables + Housing - Alligator Mini-Ilink + Ilink + termo tubes
QR - KCNC Z6
Barrel adjusters - Paragon machine Works Stainless steel Barrel ajuster
Computer/GPS - Garmin EDGE 800, Speed/cadence
Bottlecage - Ax - lightness 3K
Computer/GPS mount - Barfly for Garmin

Weight inc. cages, Barfly, cadence sensors and magnets - 5920g

Best Regards

elfuinha

by elfuinha

Juanmoretime wrote:I love you bike and build. I'm slight surprised you're not under 13 lbs. My Lynskey R320 with my AC carbon tubulars is at 12.67 lbs.

The weight in the picture is from when I first built it and before many changes including going to Sram Red.

viewtopic.php?f=10&t=38728&p=366602&hilit=r320#p366602" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Juan yours looks really good too.

Since it got to 6kg, i really don't care about the weight anymore, it is all about stiffness in key areas, and relability, since i'm not all that light - is 82kg.

next Upgrade and final i think is an EE crank, if Kirk from Pacenty can do an all black inc. chainrings Crank.

Best Regards

elfuinha

by elfuinha

elfuinha wrote:
Juanmoretime wrote:I love you bike and build. I'm slight surprised you're not under 13 lbs. My Lynskey R320 with my AC carbon tubulars is at 12.67 lbs.

The weight in the picture is from when I first built it and before many changes including going to Sram Red.

viewtopic.php?f=10&t=38728&p=366602&hilit=r320#p366602" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Since it got to 6kg, i really don't care about the weight anymore, it is all about stiffness in key areas, and relability, since i'm not all that light - is 82kg.

next Upgrade and final i think is an EE crank, if Kirk from Pacenty can do an all black inc. chainrings Crank.

Best Regards

Well that will be in a near futur (EE Crank), so i ended withy ciamillo V3 Bolt Spider Version (very, very please with my choise).
To be mounted tomorow, maybe.....

anquetil

by anquetil

Your bike need Berk seatpost combo!

elfuinha

by elfuinha

elfuinha wrote:
elfuinha wrote:

viewtopic.php?f=10&t=38728&p=366602&hilit=r320#p366602" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Best Regards

Well that will be in a near futur (EE Crank), so i ended withy ciamillo V3 Bolt Spider Version (very, very please with my choise).
To be mounted tomorow, maybe.....

regarding the Ciamillo Crank, read the tread with Ciamillo Gravitas V3 - everything that could went wrong - DID (crank and spider faulty, crank returned, Money and lots of my time lost......) - moving on, and not looking back, no more coments on this subject:

Tomorow the bike will recieve a THM Clavicula Compact + Carbon-ti Full TI EVO 50/34 + PFBB30 BB.

Cannondale SiSL/spidering and Sram PFBB30 ceramic are to sale.

in march i expect to have the final upgrade, will remove the Ritchey C260 Superlogic Carbon Stem and will put a MCFK stem, hopping that Martin of MCFK, can do stiff stem as the Ritchey that as been the best stem i've riden yet, but is UD carbon and the bike is all 3K.

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=122604

best Regards

elfuinha

by elfuinha

OLD

NEW:

NEXT and last:

new weight 6200g

Moots Vamoots RSL 56
THM SCAPULA F MATT CARBON
Chris King NoThreadset - Sotte Voce + extralite cap + SPIN TITANIUM FORK CROW 3mm
MCFK 3k 30.9mm + Pop-parts M5 yokes - 380mm
RITCHEY C260 SUPERLOGIC 110mm
3k matt 20mm + 10mm
Lightweight Meilenstein MY2013 Tubular
Tyres/tubulares - Schwable the ONE 24mm
MCFK Compact 3K 42cm
Tune 34.9mm
Clamp 34.9 - MCFK
Front Derr. - Campagnolo Super Record - Cassete + FD + RD + Fiberlyte
Rear Derr. - Campagnolo Super Record
Cassette - Campagnolo Super Record 11-25
Shifters - Campagnolo Super Record
REAR BREAK - THM FIBULA DUAL PIVOT custom Black
KMC X11SL
Clavicula Matt Compact + PFBB30 BB
Saddle - MCFK 3K matt
Keywin Carbon-ti - 3mm spindle
Lizard Skins DSP race 1.8mm
Cables + Housing - Alligator Mini-Ilink + Ilink + termo tubes
QR - KCNC Z6
Barrel adjusters - Paragon machine Works Stainless steel Barrel ajuster
Computer/GPS - Garmin EDGE 800, Speed/cadence
Bottlecage - King Ti Cabes
Computer/GPS mount - K-Edge for Garmin

nagge

by nagge

How has the matte clear on the saddle held up? Has it gotten shiny from wear?
SuperSix EVO III Ultegra 8070

elfuinha

by elfuinha

nagge wrote:How has the matte clear on the saddle held up? Has it gotten shiny from wear?

Yes it's shiny from wear, here the legs rub.

Best regards

elfuinha

by elfuinha

Last edited by Frankie - B on Wed Feb 26, 2014 8:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: deleted the img tags as the pics were waaaaay to large.

munk93

by munk93

:shock:
It's not very often you can buy the most expensive stuff from each manufacture, and then expect something good looking. I think that half of the bike is decent looking. (The back part) I never really liked the AX seatpost, but its not exactly ugly. But the front end of your bike is just... :unbelievable: You have a beautiful frame with rather thin tubes. Then you put on the most bulky fork and stem that you could get your hands on. :noidea:
I'm sorry, but just isn't a pretty bike. But if you're happy then there is no problem. It's just my opinion.
Btw your pics are improving a little bit. Not good, but better. :thumbup:

fa63

by fa63

Hmm, I was actually thinking the exact opposite; that this bike actually pulls off that fork pretty well. The RSL has relatively larger diameter tubes compared to most titanium frames, so I think in this case it works.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com