2013 Specialized Allez Race

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

HaroldC

by HaroldC

rb4life wrote:
thisisbenji wrote:Just out of curiosity, what size FD does this frame use?

Yeah it's a 31.8. What was a little strange was that it doesn't come with a braze on der (no drill holes in the seat tube) so I had to use a clamp on der with a braze on adapter

I'm in the process of building my Allez Race and have the 31.8 FD clamp. Unfortunately, it doesn't fit! :x The clamp fits on the top of the seat tube but it's too small near the bottom where it's supposed to fit. Did yours have this issue?

KonaSS

by KonaSS

I am building one up as well and this frame takes a 34.9 clamp as you found out.

31.8 was wrong.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

rb4life

by rb4life

So the Enve's went back on the Tarmac and the Ksyrium SLR's finally came in. I really like how the bike turned out. I think these wheels go better with the frame, given she's a little less bulky as the carbon Tarmac. Peeled off the yellow Mavic stickers to really get that blacked out look. Other changes have been the Arundel Mandible cages in Oil Slick, and Enve ti skewers. Still working on getting the SRAM, thinking new shifters with the older Red Black brakes and derailleurs, in which the pink housing will go. Dropped 2 ounces, now at 15.6lb/7.08kg with Garmin Out Front Mount and speed/cadence sensor.

HaroldC

by HaroldC

Nice changes. I like the Mavics too, but worry about how the coating will last on the brake track. I read that in the wet, obviously, the wear is accelerated.
Noticed you've got a carbon headset cap. Which one is that?

Looks great though. :thumbup:

bikericer

by bikericer

The word from SRAM is that the new red groupo needs to have the shifters, front derail, and chainrings in order to work properly. They make a set of rings without the hidden bolt to accomodate other cranks. It has something to do with the Yaw design and that the new shifters lose the trim spot. I have the groupo on my new bike (which I need to post) and the front shifting is incredible.

rb4life

by rb4life

HaroldC wrote:Nice changes. I like the Mavics too, but worry about how the coating will last on the brake track. I read that in the wet, obviously, the wear is accelerated.

Thanks, yeah I did a lot of research before purchasing these wheels. I have a few buddies with them and they all haven't had any issues with the brake track wearing off. Aside with the braking being a little noisy for the first 300-500k, that's really the only negative I've heard from people.

Love your set up with the 303s. You'll shave a ton off that seatpost when you upgrade to a 3T carbon or whatnot. That post that came with it is a boat anchor!

rb4life

by rb4life

bikericer wrote:The word from SRAM is that the new red groupo needs to have the shifters, front derail, and chainrings in order to work properly. They make a set of rings without the hidden bolt to accomodate other cranks. It has something to do with the Yaw design and that the new shifters lose the trim spot. I have the groupo on my new bike (which I need to post) and the front shifting is incredible.

That's interesting, my LBS told me that that setup would be compatible...hmmm I'll have to look more into it. I have the new Red on my Tarmac and it's great, I just wanted to try and keep the all black look throughout the rig.

HaroldC

by HaroldC

bikericer wrote:The word from SRAM is that the new red groupo needs to have the shifters, front derail, and chainrings in order to work properly. They make a set of rings without the hidden bolt to accomodate other cranks. It has something to do with the Yaw design and that the new shifters lose the trim spot. I have the groupo on my new bike (which I need to post) and the front shifting is incredible.

Definitely NOT true. Mixing will work, you just won't reap the full benefits of the new tech without the full group. VeloNews did an extensive test concerning mixing old vs. new Sram Red.

http://velonews.competitor.com/2012/03/news/it-works-we-test-sram-red-backwards-compatibility_209270

rb4life

by rb4life

Sweet...Thanks for the clarification!

prendrefeu

by prendrefeu

:popcorn:

I suggest you spend some time on the many, many extensive threads on the Road forum that cover the subjects in which you have beliefs.
Exp001 || Other projects in the works.

thisisbenji

by thisisbenji

KonaSS wrote:I am building one up as well and this frame takes a 34.9 clamp as you found out.

31.8 was wrong.

Damn already bought a 31.8 adapter.... guess I could ebay it.

jmh

by jmh

Nice bike. I'm thinking about getting one myself.

How big a tire can that frame/fork accomodate?

rb4life

by rb4life

HaroldC wrote:Nice changes. I like the Mavics too, but worry about how the coating will last on the brake track. I read that in the wet, obviously, the wear is accelerated.

This is a Cane Creek headset cap

Fahzybeer

by Fahzybeer

Great build! I never get tired of the murdered out "look"!!! :twisted:

Ltoddokc

by Ltoddokc

Im on the waiting list for this frame set. How's the ride? Any updated pictures?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com