Question about Rotor 3D+ with Campagnolo performance

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

TimW

by TimW

I'm looking to move to a crank based Powermeter on my Record 11s equipped Colnago C59. Specifically I'm looking at Power2Max in Rotor 3D+ form using the BSA to BB30 cups. I'm pretty sure I saw someone with the same combo here on a C59.

My question is about shifting quality with this combo...
The chainline looks to be 1.5mm different from Ultratorque as far as I can tell, any effect?
I can get the cranks with with either Rotor-R (round) rings or Stronglight CT-2s. Any feedback on which is better?

Thanks.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Frankie13

by Frankie13

I have Rotor3D+ with P2Max on my Canyon Ultimate CF and use rotors BSA30 cups for my English 68mm treated fame. I use Praxis Works compact chainrings and shifting is spot on. The only difference I noticed between my current set up and the campy ultra torque crank is the speed of up shifting to the bigger ring. It's just a little tick slower but just a tiny and shifting is spot on and haven't had a single miss shift. I almost want to say shifting overal with the praxis works rings is even better.

Rumsas

by Rumsas

I have been riding 1 season with (non powermeter) Rotor 3d+, Stronglight CT-2 11s, and SuperRecord.
On a bsa frame, using the Rotor bb30 cups.
No shifting problems what so ever, in fact a very very nice/very stiff set of cranks.
Imo if you like the looks, go for it.

TimW

by TimW

Thanks guys. Not a huge fan of the Rotor decals (is anyone?) but it works well by the sounds of things.

DartanianX

by DartanianX

The Lotto Belisol Team run a mixture of Rotor 3D and Campagnolo SRMS's (http://www.cyclingnews.com/features/pho ... 013/249506)

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

TimW

by TimW

Good find. Shame you can't buy them unmarked or BOB. Maybe a customisation is in order at some point! They don't look like Rotor rings.