Any news about Turn/Praxis cranksets?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

AGW

by AGW

I haven't heard anything about these since the prototypes were exhibited at the Sea Otter Classic. I'm curious about specs and prices. I know they spec'd an aluminum and carbon-arm version, but spindle size and weight are still a mystery. I hope these don't turn out like the Ciamillo (sp?) crank fiasco.

Stolichnaya

by Stolichnaya

Assume you are referring to the original Zero G crank production misfire, because the new Ciamillo cranks look pretty dang cool.
Was mentioning a fiasco necessary? Ted's a member here.
As for the Turn cranks, there's another thread, but no new info out there it seems:
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=107553&start=15" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

AGW

by AGW

I'm sure Ted can speak for himself if he is bothered by my wording. Substitute whatever language you want, but the Zero G/Ciamillo crank non-event is about as apples-to-apples as one can get. They were prototyped one way, and produced an entirely different way after pre-orders/deposits were taken. In my hope that this does not turn out to be the case with Praxis/Turn, I am poking around for updates.

Thank you for the link.

js

by js

They've come up with such a great solution for such a prevalent problem right now with their PF30, BB30 & OSBB adapters that I'd suspect they're needing to focus on that product for the time being. There are many 24mm cranksets that work, but it seems only Praxis Works has sorted out these adapters. The best news is that the Campag one isn't far off, so they'll soon complete the set!

Once those are all up and running though, I too hope to see a return of some really trick cranksets. The hollow-forged one they teased on FB looked gorgeous!! And the M35 system really looked crazy sweet too.

jooo

by jooo

AFAIK these already exist as an OEM product on a few MTB's.

Mountain Cycle and maybe LOOK IIRC?

Would love to know some specs?