2013 White BMC Team Machine 6.58kg UPDATES! new pics/tuning!

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

Dimitri

by Dimitri

Updated. I've switched the handlebar to a Deda RHM02 and the stem to 3T ARX Team Stealth. just couldn't get used to the look of the 110mm stem, looked a bit awkward on a larger frame size.

So now a 120mm stem but with the shorter reach bars my total reach is about the same but looks a bit nicer. just getting used to the bars, still haven't got the hood position perfect, but once im happy i might switch to the new superleggera bar to drop some weight.

Also some new wheels. Wheel building has become an interest of mine, just getting a feel for what works etc.

These are -

20H BHS SLW front hub front hub, CN aero360 (3.6g/272mm) spokes, XR279 rim.
20H (slot?) Zipp 188 hub, CN aero424 spokes, XR279 rim.

Came in at 1460G. I was expecting lighter, didnt weigh the rims before building, probably getting to be a little over the quoted weight. Either way with the Veloflex tires these are amazing!

Lastly some pics of the BMC race post with the 3T craddle and yokes :)

plpete

by plpete

Nice progress! You still need some proper photos :lol: Take a few steps back and give us a proper side shot of this great bike!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

dereksmalls

by dereksmalls

First time I've seen the Team Machine in white. Looks good with the saddle. Wonder if white bar tape would set it off a bit more?

Dimitri

by Dimitri

more terrible photos yes i know!

building the race wheels next week :) then some decent photos!

Kneedragon

by Kneedragon

How much weight did you save with the 3T cradle and yoke? Were there any issues with the fit/alignment?

I was thinking of doing the same upgrade.

Dimitri

by Dimitri

i cant say. a worthwhile amount i think. considering that with a BMC youre stuck with the propritery post i think its a worthwhile upgrade.

the orginal parts are cast alu' with no extra machining etc to save weight. i would guess 30/40g but i cant verify that yet.

trychle

by trychle

I hereby request some decent photos of this magnificent bike.

Dimitri

by Dimitri

Building my tub's this week, then I definitely will take some. Some Gigantex 50mm with tune hubs.

Until then here's one quick one from the first race of the year :)

TerribleCadence

by TerribleCadence

Stunning bike! A colleague has a brand new warranty replacement frame for sale and I'm soo tempted to buy it. The fact that theres curreently three SLR01 active threads in this forum isn't helping either!

A February race and you're in shorts?! You lucky bugger, where do you live?
FELT AR0 Now sold.
CAAD10 Force 22, Quarq, Ksyrium SLR
LOOK 695 Light, Force22, Zipp 303.

Dimitri

by Dimitri

Australia :)

Dimitri

by Dimitri

with the race wheels and 1 cage its 6.54kg.

I am fairly happy with that.

I still have the Ti spindles for my pedals to install. Maybe some I-Links, change the skewers, headset compression device, maybe bars. i'd also like a slightly more negative rise stem, maybe deda (-8*), but for now im going to try to be content :)

vlastrada

by vlastrada

looks awesome - with the new wheels looks great - enjoy ;-)

and let us know how it rides!

Dimitri

by Dimitri

the ride is great. i was riding a race machine in a size 55 before. i think the geometry of BMCs in general is quite sound, not overly aggressive like from some other big manufacturers.

this SLR is a 57 and fits me better, more stable and more comfortable, and i can definitely attest to the fact that the compliance in the rear end (RM compared to SLR) works. I did all my base k's on this bike (lots of 3-4 hour rides) and it definitely beats you up less. funny thing is the stack/reach is really similar the way they are set up, but i feel much more comfortable on this bike. probably just doing more hours this year, i feel like a could go a little lower again.

the wheels are a a treat too. theyre nothing really that special, but i do have one set of clinchers with veloflex, but the tubs are that much better again. it is my 2nd set of tubular race wheels, but the 1st with proper tires.

1st day out on them last weekend was amazing, bad weather all week but just a tiny break in it on saturday morning meant i got a chance to race on them. felt strong and could easily have won if it wasnt for a silly mistake. still a great day and my lead out guy got 2nd and another team mate won so all good!

plpete

by plpete

The SLR01 is looking great! I saw the same frame set at my LBS and the photos don't do it justice. I really like the finish on it. Hope to update my SLR01 with some lighter breaks, Ti pedal spindles and some nice cages. Next step is some proper photos outside :thumbup:

NiFTY

by NiFTY

Thats a great build. Are you from Brisbane, where and what grade are you racing?
Evo 4.9kg SL3 6.64kg Slice RS 8.89kg viewtopic.php?f=10&t=110579" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com