Show me Your Tuning!

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

andreszucs
in the industry

by andreszucs

39g Homemade chain guide is ready: stainless bolt is heavy :evil: Aluminum might shave about 8g....will?

sorry for this pic. Ill get some better ones on day light

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

deek

by deek

I like the repurposing. Seatpost, handlebar, and a Parlee FD clamp?

MagnusH

by MagnusH

I guess this is more of a hack than a tune but it's light and cheap and will hopefully stop my chain from dropping:

I could save a little weight and smooth the looks by cutting the excess of the bolt, chain catchers and spacer, but at the moment i kind of like the 'frankenstein' look.

thisisatest
Shop Owner

by thisisatest

Have you thought about, for the part that is on the right side of the chainring, instead have just a small horizontal part going left-right directly over the chain? It would run close to the chain, and right about where the chain and ring meet. For the chain to derail it first has to lift up off the ring, the protrusion would keep it down and on.

andreszucs
in the industry

by andreszucs

deek wrote:I like the repurposing. Seatpost, handlebar, and a Parlee FD clamp?

Are you talking about my chainguide? yes! I got an existing FD clamp...like Parlee, the rest was old parts left in the drawer, a Zipp aerobar Clip and a Cervelo P2/P3 seatpost. :thumbup: It worked!!!! :beerchug:

weeracerweenie

by weeracerweenie

Is it for your MTB? Pretty clever use I otherwise parts that aren't really adaptable...

How rigid is it andrezucs?
I guess there's worse hobbies than making a bike light? Right?

andreszucs
in the industry

by andreszucs

weeracerweenie wrote:Is it for your MTB? Pretty clever use I otherwise parts that aren't really adaptable...

How rigid is it andrezucs?

Very rigid. I stopped tightening the screw because I was afraid of breaking the clamp, otherwise I would go for it. But still, the guide (vertical piece) it self is really rigid around the chain. First I had in mind to fix the "seapost" part touching the clamp directly without any bridge, but to drill the piece at the necessary angle was very difficult. I also wanted to use a Tubeless valve adapter (removing the core) as a screw, the final product would definitely be under 30g. Because of the bridge I had to find another screw, but couldn't find in Aluminium.

But still...I like the final product. I needed I high mount because of my suspension link (scott spark 10).

weeracerweenie

by weeracerweenie

Thats good thats its rigid, i dont see why i couldnt build one for about 10 grams or less on th emill with a parlee clamp, but as i run 2x10 on my mountain bike i dont see it being neccessary... :wink:

Good use of spares though :beerchug:

andreszucs
in the industry

by andreszucs

By chance you know were I can find a 1/4 20 2" aluminum bolt? Red if possible. No chance at Homedepot or eBay.

weeracerweenie

by weeracerweenie

Toronto Cycles, Google it. :)

andreszucs
in the industry

by andreszucs

Thanks!

weeracerweenie

by weeracerweenie

Anyone seen some cool tunes lately? I'm looking at starting a hub prototype....

People that know my bike (see below) will be disappointed to hear I ripped the top of my seat tube ISP while destroying a local descent.
Unfortunately I smashed an earthquake bump and it ripped the thru rod out. Back to my ritchey ISP topper (+123 grams! :( ) because of this I must now start a setback intergrated ISP topper with micro adjustable heights!

lo5707

by lo5707

Knocked this up yesterday - saved 111g by converting a carbon seat post from Bont type seat clamp to Schmolke type seat clamp:

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=112588

weeracerweenie

by weeracerweenie

Wow I really like that! Great work!

maxle

by maxle

Hello again,
first of all, sorry for my bad english. I made some "custom" parts for my MTB the last months, because i have a tapered frame head tube and use a 1 1/8" fork. But i don`t want a damn 20g heavy adapter for my headset and the big tapered bearing is also useless weight.
So after some helpful advice from lightbikes.de i made my own delrin headset with two 1 1/8" bearings and a 1cm Spacer:

Now its look pretty nice, i guess:

Greetings from Germany,
maxle
You only own a bike when you've violated every single term of guarantee.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com