2013 rocky mountain vertex 29er

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

devinci

by devinci

yeah, tried my bars at 700mm and couldnt stand them like that. Cut them to 680mm and its perfect! Not properly wide, but wide enough!

Mads Kock

by Mads Kock

Bike looks really good - how tall are you? :-)

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

1spd

by 1spd

Gotten used to it yet? The transition can be a little tricky with the slower steering. My bike is rigid and I used the fork off my 26er when I built it up. It is a 245 and the frame is technically built for a 260-70. The steering in my case feels almost identical though everyone else says it is very twitchy. But I have no problem with it. A lot of these comments are coming from folks that have gotten into mtbing over the past say 5 years or so and a lot of them came right in on 29ers. But I have been in and out of mtb since the early 90's. I like my seat higher than my bars. I like quick steering as well as rolling over crap. I have gotten used to the longer wheel base and can now pretty much hop over crap like normal but I can't frickn manual this thing like I used to do on my 26 (used to be able to damn near manual the 26er over 100 yrds or so-basically until I got tired.) But I seem to have no problem on the trails.

Love the bike and should make for a nice racing season for you!
Cannondale Synapse (alu)...it works

devinci

by devinci

MadsKock

im 177cm tall

1spd

yup rode the bike a few times, now its stored because we got too much snow to ride. The bike was steering slow untill I tweeked the sag correctly. My fork was too hard at first, lowered the psi and it feels much better. I switched to a -17d stem too but couldnt ride the bike since it was changed. Cant wait to ride it again.

I have a racing wheelset coming soon, crest, sapim lazer, american classic hubs, should be light.

devinci

by devinci

some "minor" mods coming up for my bike, stay tuned

blantonator

by blantonator

how much do those bars weigh cut down? I'm thinking about going the same route.

devinci

by devinci

IIRC it was 175g in 740mm and now 168g or so in 680mm, its very thin.

devinci

by devinci

Some updates on the bike for next season

I switched the KCNC 100mm SC wing stem for a KCNC arrow, -17deg 100mm one, lower front end.

I got myself some easton XC 29er wheels, an OEM model. I plan on using these with a road cassette and slick tires and they will also serve as a mud wheelset when races will be muddy.

I also sold the quarq, and got myself a sram SRM with PC7, dream come true :D

Here are a few pics of the bike, cant wait to ride it!

photo 1

photo 2

photo 3

photo 4(1)