Rapha's aftersales service

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

ThePullMan

by ThePullMan

Hi Taylor,

Wayne has already addressed my problem. Funny how two people come and help on the same day when there wasn't any reply for a week and a half!
It isn't going to be easy, but it's going to be worth it.

euan

by euan

Its shows good use of social media/forums to resolve problems that might have slipped through the cracks.

Its happens and more companies should work that way.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

bikewithnoname

by bikewithnoname

I'm pretty amazed they'll repair/replace it to be honest. I mean it wasn't a manufacturing fault and if you crash your Mercedes, they don't give you a new car for free do they!

i would say this is a big :thumbup: for Rapha.
"We live in an age when unnecessary things are our only necessities." Oscar Wilde

stella-azzurra

by stella-azzurra

For the prices they charge you guys they can afford to replace it. You already paid it 2x or 3x in some cases. :lol:
I never took drugs to improve my performance at any time. I will be willing to stick my finger into a polygraph test if anyone with big media pull wants to take issue. If you buy a signed poster now it will not be tarnished later. --Graeme Obree

djm

by djm

bluestar: Pretty much spot on! :-)

Even if you buy Assos, you could still get two of their bibs for one of Rapha's. Never had any problems with my Rapha stuff (except that the fit is a bit off sometimes) nor with my Assos gear (always perfect..).

ultimobici
in the industry

by ultimobici

djm wrote:bluestar: Pretty much spot on! :-)

Even if you buy Assos, you could still get two of their bibs for one of Rapha's. Never had any problems with my Rapha stuff (except that the fit is a bit off sometimes) nor with my Assos gear (always perfect..).
Could you tell me where one can buy Assos bib shorts at full retail with a 30 day money back guarantee for £75?

limba

by limba

Some guys just don't have a clue what they're talking about. Don't open your mouth or type anything unless you have an educated opinion.

ThePullMan

by ThePullMan

Yeah! I'd switch to Assos the moment I can buy two bibs for the price of one from Rapha! :twisted: But with that said, Rapha offers free crash repairs in the event that your garment is torn, which is quite meaningful to me as I race pretty regularly.

djm

by djm

ultimobici: If I buy online here in Norway I have a 14 day money back guarantee on absolutely anything I buy. It's law. And I'm not buying the Assos gear at full retail of course, but at one of the bike shops that offer a discount either in store or online. Seemingly not possible with Rapha.

My travel insurance would even cover torn clothing in case of a crash, and gives much more comprehensive coverage than Rapha, at a much lower cost.

Rapha is nice, sure, but I have yet to be compelled to drink all their Kool-Aid.

MagnusH

by MagnusH

djm wrote:ultimobici: If I buy online here in Norway I have a 14 day money back guarantee on absolutely anything I buy. It's law.

With rapha's classics guarantee you can road test the stuff you buy and still return it.
Isn't the "14 day money back"-thing such that you have to return the items unused (and in original packing)?

On topic: Personally my experiences with Rapha's customer service (including after sale) is excellent.

ThePullMan

by ThePullMan

Hey guys, just a bit of an update -:

I spoke to Aodhan from Rapha and he was really apologetic about this whole taking-very-long to reply issue. Apart from that, they will be sending me new buckles via DHL Express FOC. Now this is excellent service! For those who are considering buying Rapha products - I'd say to ahead with them as they stand by their product very well and should you have any problems, they will help you out.

Best,
TPM

ultimobici
in the industry

by ultimobici

MagnusH wrote:
djm wrote:ultimobici: If I buy online here in Norway I have a 14 day money back guarantee on absolutely anything I buy. It's law.

With rapha's classics guarantee you can road test the stuff you buy and still return it.
Isn't the "14 day money back"-thing such that you have to return the items unused (and in original packing)?

On topic: Personally my experiences with Rapha's customer service (including after sale) is excellent.

Exactly.

The 30 day money back guarantee is if you find the product is not as good as you hoped. Legally you'd be SOL if that happened with another brand. 14 day rules are standard distance selling "change you mind" rules.

shapeofthings

by shapeofthings

I have two jerseys that I just sent in today mangled from crashes. One was evidence in a recently resolved car collision from two years ago, so I just saved both until now.

Took days to receive a reply, but to even offer to give it a shot earns very high praise from me. :thumbup:

Rodrego Hernandez

by Rodrego Hernandez

I sent a damaged 3 year old rain jacket back to Assos and they fixed it for free.

Turned it round in a week too.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Northoceanbeach

by Northoceanbeach

I snagged the zipper ornament on the rear pocket of my assos jersey and they fixed it and paid shipping.