Dura Ace 9000 - ETA late 2012/early 2013

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Hubert

by Hubert

Gazelleer wrote:
Hubert wrote:The derailleurs dictate the number of gears.

Excusez le mot, but this is total BS.

I wasn't talking about a mechanical RD. I was specifically commenting on whether or not the 6770 RD will be forward compatible with 11-speed. It is not. The firmware, which dictates the # of indexes and therefore RD positions, cannot be changed.
Turn down the suck knob.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

thisisatest
Shop Owner

by thisisatest

...and Shimano has stated repeatedly that they have no plans to offer any firmware update making Ultegra Di2 11sp compatible.

5 8 5

by 5 8 5

thisisatest, was this made clear when it was being released? There seemed to be "rumours" at the time about it being 11spd upgradable.

BobDopolina
Shop Owner / Manufacturer

by BobDopolina

There will be firmware upgrades available to allow sweeping of gears. So yes, firmware can be updated.
BDop Cycling Co., Ltd.
https://www.bdopcycling.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

goodboyr

by goodboyr

The firmware upgrade for sweeping gears has been out for months.

asv

by asv

Looks like the 9070 di2 Evo's are starting to show up in the USA

NCBikeGuy

by NCBikeGuy

Mine came in last week. Haven't had a chance to ride it yet. Came in at 13.5 lbs. out of the box and 14.0 with Keo Classic pedals, no seat bag, no cages. 52 cm frame size. Weight includes the seat post battery as well.
My rides:
2006 Look 555 Ultegra
2006 Felt B2 Dura Ace
2013 Cannondale Evo HiMod Dura Ace di2

thisisatest
Shop Owner

by thisisatest

My wording may not have been clear.
Yes, there are, and will continue to be, firmware updates for ultegra di2.
Shimano has mentioned many times that there will not be any update that will allow the 6770 rear derailleur to shift 11gears.
Current Ultegra Di2 owners wanting to go 11speed don't have to get a 9070 derailleur. They can wait for the eventual, inevitable release of a specific 11 speed Ultegra (electronic and mechanical), and buy that rear derailleur.

asv

by asv

NCBikeGuy wrote:Mine came in last week. Haven't had a chance to ride it yet. Came in at 13.5 lbs. out of the box and 14.0 with Keo Classic pedals, no seat bag, no cages. 52 cm frame size. Weight includes the seat post battery as well.

Nice, you should post some pics. I'm still waiting for mine.

CerveloMikey

by CerveloMikey

thisisatest wrote:My wording may not have been clear.
Yes, there are, and will continue to be, firmware updates for ultegra di2.
Shimano has mentioned many times that there will not be any update that will allow the 6770 rear derailleur to shift 11gears.
Current Ultegra Di2 owners wanting to go 11speed don't have to get a 9070 derailleur. They can wait for the eventual, inevitable release of a specific 11 speed Ultegra (electronic and mechanical), and buy that rear derailleur.

Are you sure that the derailleur controls the "speeds"? I would image it would be in the new stem mounted junction box with all the ports or the front derailleur like
current Di2. With your theory with the rear derailleur purchase, won't you need the front derailleur too to get the proper trim?

Just throwing it out there.
R2.5 / R3 / S-Works 29er (20 lbs) / S-Works SL4 Di2 (14.7 lbs)

thisisatest
Shop Owner

by thisisatest

It's not my theory, it is the info Shimano drilled into our heads at Interbike. They said it so many times, it would blow my mind if they go back on that.
I'm sure Shimano would tell you that you'd need a 9070 front derailleur and 9000 crank to be optimal. But it would work with the 10speed front stuff.

NCBikeGuy

by NCBikeGuy

asv wrote:
NCBikeGuy wrote:Mine came in last week. Haven't had a chance to ride it yet. Came in at 13.5 lbs. out of the box and 14.0 with Keo Classic pedals, no seat bag, no cages. 52 cm frame size. Weight includes the seat post battery as well.

Nice, you should post some pics. I'm still waiting for mine.

I would post a pic, but I haven't figured out how to do it on this site yet. Also, the pic of the bike above is identical to my bike and is a better quality photo than I have of mine!

FWIW, in the process of getting mine built up, the mechanic was having some difficulty getting the FD adjusted so there was no chain rub when on the small ring and the 25 on the rear cassette. It was just barely touching, but my mechanic wanted it to be 'right', as did I. After a couple of conversations with Cannondale and a few pictures submitted for their review, it was determined that the bracket attached to the seat tube was just a tiny bit off location. The bracket was installed such that the mounting tab for the FD caused the cage to angle slightly outward. I really think some people would have just 'tweaked' the FD cage a bit to take care of it, but Cannondale didn't seem to ever consider that and have a new frame on the way. It was shipped the same day the problem was identified. That's a fine example of standing behind your product. Kudos to Cannondale for that. They have won me over and this is my first Cannondale.
My rides:
2006 Look 555 Ultegra
2006 Felt B2 Dura Ace
2013 Cannondale Evo HiMod Dura Ace di2

dha

by dha

My DA C50 clinchers arrived today. Look great, just holding out for better weather before I run them on the bike.

notaero

by notaero

For anyone who has been working with new dura ace parts, I have a question. I need to replace my rear 7900 derailleur. Would a 9000 model work with 7900 shifters, shifting over a 10s cassette? I know that there is a new pull ratio for the front derailleur, but I have not read anywhere about a change made on the rear.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

aerozy

by aerozy

^ I dont think that would work. Cog spacing is different so pull ratio should also be would it not?
Factor O2 Rim / Winspace 1500 Disk / Yoeleo R6 Rim / Cervelo S2 Rim