Dogma 2 65.1k weight?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Donn12

by Donn12

here she is with demo zipp 303s
Attachments
here she is with demo wheels
here she is with demo wheels

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Donn12

by Donn12

the is the glossy black. you can see the carbon fiber detail under the paint. I did not get a weight for the frame - when I first saw it it already had SR EPS installed and after a couple of test rides I decided to leave that on instead of having Sram Red put on. An R5 VWD with SR EPS is supposed to be 11k when it comes out so it was a no brainer for me....
looks like the file is too big

Sfelt

by Sfelt

First post so Hi to all, be gentle, I was searching for build weights for the fake 65.1 and found this to be font of info.
Not sure if Im allowed on the site for buying one so flame away.
Bought from mainland China, Aliexpress, Its the 1K finish, not the 3K, pretty sure its just a cosmetic layer. Finish needed a bit of cajoling to get bearings onto forks, I took it unpainted but they still sprayed the joints and exits, not a lot of care taken there some issues with paint over cable runs, all sorted in a couple of hours.
Frame 1185g
Forks 433g uncut
Most bars 110-440 388g
seat post 192g
Built up with DA9000
Selle gel flite
Pair of HED ardennes on at the moment clinchers with Conti 4000's
Two bottle cages
pedals 9000
Total 7200g
Comments appreciated ...........

quiglet13

by quiglet13

I put together a fake 65.1 (It was in Pinarello colors, BOB, so I think thats less and thus lighter) for someone. Not sure of the size but it was small with an effective top tube of about 51cm. Weight for the frame and hardware was 1058, Seatpost was a porky 230g (slightly cut) and the fork was around 430g uncut.

Spun it around the block a few times.. rides well, exterior finish is nice... inside the frame is rough though.. wasn't impressed. Its the third one of these I have had my hands on in the last couple of years, the other two I see around and still seem to be going strong, so who knows, maybe they are alright ? Definitely not the same as the original's though which are much less rough inside from what I saw.

MARKSPENCER

by MARKSPENCER

Dogma 65.1 is heavy weighted as compared with pro bikes. A frame weight greatly effects the performance of a rider during riding bikes/ cycles. Light weighted frame helps a rider to show at best level.

kgt

by kgt

MARKSPENCER wrote:Dogma 65.1 is heavy weighted as compared with pro bikes. A frame weight greatly effects the performance of a rider during riding bikes/ cycles.

I agree 8)

sawyer

by sawyer

prendrefeu wrote:It's quite funny what we're finding, actually.

About a decade ago, there were curmudgeons saying "Carbon will spontaneously explode!!!!!!!!1!!!". Look where we are now.
About a decade ago, there were curmudgeons saying "A carbon bike will never be as light as a Ti bike!". Look where we are now.
About a decade ago, there were curmudgeons saying "A carbon bike always be unaffordable". Look where we are now ($600 gets you light & reliable)

Now?
Curmudgeons saying "A light bike isn't reliable". Utter bullsh*t.
Curmudgeons saying "A light frame isn't stiff". Again, bullsh*t.
Curmudgeons saying "A heavier bike always has better handling." I think the bull is running out of feces.

+1 LOL.

I remember all that crap. Careful you don't accidentally breathe on your cf top tube now!

There were people saying Lance is innocent also.

Perhaps the same chaps!

They've all melted away to even more deviant corners of the internet :wink:
----------------------------------------
Stiff, Light, Aero - Pick Three!! :thumbup:

Andrew69

by Andrew69

That picture of Richie Porte is funny. Looks like he is just learning to ride with no hands :mrgreen:

istigatrice

by istigatrice

kgt wrote:
MARKSPENCER wrote:Dogma 65.1 is heavy weighted as compared with pro bikes. A frame weight greatly effects the performance of a rider during riding bikes/ cycles.

I agree 8)

I'm pretty sure that these guys are all riding custom layups. I was speaking to one of the ex Radioshack riders and he seemed pretty sure that all of their frames were different to the off the shelf stuff
I write the weightweenies blog, hope you like it :)

Disclosure: I'm sponsored by Velocite, but I do give my honest opinion about them (I'm endorsed to race their bikes, not say nice things about them)

HammerTime2
Location: Wherever there's a mountain beckoning to be climbed

by HammerTime2

sawyer wrote:
prendrefeu wrote:It's quite funny what we're finding, actually.

About a decade ago, there were curmudgeons saying "Carbon will spontaneously explode!!!!!!!!1!!!". Look where we are now.
About a decade ago, there were curmudgeons saying "A carbon bike will never be as light as a Ti bike!". Look where we are now.
About a decade ago, there were curmudgeons saying "A carbon bike always be unaffordable". Look where we are now ($600 gets you light & reliable)

Now?
Curmudgeons saying "A light bike isn't reliable". Utter bullsh*t.
Curmudgeons saying "A light frame isn't stiff". Again, bullsh*t.
Curmudgeons saying "A heavier bike always has better handling." I think the bull is running out of feces.

+1 LOL.

I remember all that crap. Careful you don't accidentally breathe on your cf top tube now!

There were people saying Lance is innocent also.

Perhaps the same chaps!

They've all melted away to even more deviant corners of the internet :wink:
I don't see many people with a clue about cycling buying Dogmas these days.

Oh, wait a minute. That's not Dogmas, that's Mavics, and that's not me saying that, that's sawyer saying that. :roll:
http://weightweenies.starbike.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=113&t=113639&start=15#p970284

excellnight

by excellnight

I just built a dogma think a couple of nights ago, I did not weigh it before the build but it is approx. 54 grams lighter than the dogma2 that it replaced. my dogma2 was 13.87 pounds and the dogma think with exactly the same components is 13.75 pounds.

kampiakseli

by kampiakseli

Here is my wifes new Dogma 65.1 replica. Record cranks, Centaur other parts and size is 49. Farsport 38 carbon clinchers.
Weigth is 6,9kg. Frame with bolts and d.hanger was 1032gr, uncut fork 413gr and uncut seatpost 201gr. Price/quality is weery high.

MajorMantra

by MajorMantra

Replica = theft of IP. Not cool.

kampiakseli

by kampiakseli

I respect chrarity very high. Purchasing a brand represend well that behavior. I have spended thousands of euros to meny brands. I just taugh to give a change for an alternative.
Bike it self is perfect. Looks good. Is ligth enough. Very stiff and serves the purpose. In the end bike is very simple tool.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

wingguy

by wingguy

I can respect people who want to pay for a Pinarello just because it says Pinarello on it. I can respect people who want a cheap Chinese frame because they think that established brands have massively inflated prices for similar performance and quality.

I can't respect someone who wants to pretend they've paid for a Pinarello (or any other fake) when they haven't. It's not a replica, it's a forgery - and buying one is the worst kind of image obsessed status chasing I can think of.