2013 Canyon Bikes - Full pricing and specifications!

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

alpine9

by alpine9

Have been getting very close to purchasing an Ultimate AL, but am beginning to get very frustrated by the weekly price hikes in the Canyon range. I understand that the prices are subject to fluctuations in the exchange rate (I am in the UK), but they have already swollen drastically this year, pushing one model out of my price range, and another that was well within towards the upper end of it.

Has anyone else noticed this? And what are the chances of the prices coming back down should the exchange rates become favourable again.

Canyon's have always been great value for money, but if they continue to hike their prices surely they'll lose custom?

Beginning to look elsewhere... :-/

mattyb95

by mattyb95

I'm not sure they are hiking prices, they may have changed them for 2013 but any changes in the UK price thereafter are likely to be exchange rate related and Canyon can't really control that. They sell direct to market in Euros so don't have a fixed GBP price like other worldwide brands so unfortunately if the Euro strengthens, UK prices suffer.

alpine9

by alpine9

Completely understand the nature of fluctuating currency, it's just that the rise in price this year seem over-exaggerated in relation to the exchange rate. I guess we'll wait and see if the prices will decrease should the euro weaken. Irritatingly I cannot find the UK price that the Ultimate 8 started at on release, but it was a good deal less that it's current price of £1389 (sans p&p), i think, and please don't quote me on this, it was released around the £1319 mark, maybe even a shade under.

That said, have just seen the Kinesis Aithein prototype, if they put together a competitive complete build I'm as good as sold!

Have trawled back through some e-mails for info... Two weeks ago both the Ultimate Al 7.0 and 8.0 were £40 cheaper than now... and I believe the original start prices were £1159 and £1319 respectively, only around six weeks ago...

Not having a whinge, just intrigued really!

rhyslewisdavies

by rhyslewisdavies

I ordered the Ultimate AL with 11 speed Athena and Ksyrium Elite wheels last Friday and it turned up yesterday -£1409 all in. A complete bargain. Will post pics over the weekend.

Pharmstrong

by Pharmstrong

alpine9 wrote:I cannot find the UK price that the Ultimate 8 started at on release, but it was a good deal less that it's current price of £1389 (sans p&p)

My 2012 U AL 8.0 was £1300.36 (before p&p) last July. For 2013 the Ksyrium Equipes are now Elites. Even at £90 more it's still outstanding value. From what I remember their prices get adjusted every Monday.

http://www.xe.com/currencycharts/?from= ... BP&view=1Y

There's the reason for the price hike. Thank Gideon.

aerozy

by aerozy

My Canyon SLX ETE order has been delayed from week 18 to 21. They stated "suppliers delay" which Im guessing is due to the shimano di2 9070 shortage.

They sent a nice canyon notebook to make up for it haha Oh well! One day one day! :roll:
Factor O2 Rim / Winspace 1500 Disk / Yoeleo R6 Rim / Cervelo S2 Rim

Juggler

by Juggler

aerozy wrote:They sent a nice canyon notebook to make up for it haha Oh well! One day one day! :roll:

And all I got was a lousy t-shirt... :D
2012 Canyon Aeroad CF 8.0 Di2
2014 Canyon Ultimate CF SLX Di2

MichaelB

by MichaelB

Has anyone heard any more info re the CF SLX disc that they showed at Eurobike ?

Juggler

by Juggler

It was just a show bike... not functional. I guess it is far away from production.

Looks cool, though.. :)
2012 Canyon Aeroad CF 8.0 Di2
2014 Canyon Ultimate CF SLX Di2

alpine9

by alpine9

Ultimate Al 8.0 up another £10 this week. Like clockwork...

Absolutely gutting when you're so so close to being able to afford one.

jsprbcn

by jsprbcn

Does anyone has a picture of how and where the Di2 battery is placed on the CF SLX Di2?
Last edited by jsprbcn on Mon Mar 18, 2013 10:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Pharmstrong

by Pharmstrong

Internal battery as far as I know.

jsprbcn

by jsprbcn

No pictures?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

vamoscycling

by vamoscycling

Don't forget Canyons are made of cheap German plastic and when the derailleur hanger breaks in half for no reason and snaps the frame you will be without a bike. All this after only a years use and a patronizing email from Canyon to show for it.

IMAG0042 by vamoscycling, on Flickr