Wilier Cento1 SL Build - Now 6.14kg 5/8/13

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

andy12

by andy12

How refreshing to see a bike with a proper fit ! Has gotta be one of the sexiest bikes on here !
I think bikes over 54 cm should be banned from the site !!

Imaking20

by Imaking20

Thanks! I think..

My 110mm stem is on the way (100mm shown)

And the bike is a 55 :|

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Calnago
In Memoriam

by Calnago

Really a great looking build. I have a friend who's looking for a new Wilier at the moment and I provided him a link to your page. Might even be your size. Just for reference, what's your saddle height in the picture below? Doesn't look quite as tilted as the last pic you posted. Thanks.

Colnago C64 - The Naked Build; Colnago C60 - PR99; Trek Koppenberg - Where Emonda and Domane Meet;
Unlinked Builds (searchable): Colnago C59 - 5 Years Later; Trek Emonda SL Campagnolo SR; Special Colnago EPQ

Imaking20

by Imaking20

I typically run a 75cm saddle height - the Fizik may have been more like 76cm considering the padding.

The Toupe isn't pointed down as far as it looks - it seems like you can only every get a good picture of the bike OR of the saddle angle. Something always looks amiss.

Edit: Also for reference, I'm 5'11 with a 33" inseam

benolium

by benolium

I'm enjoying your build. Nice job in taking a risk on using the SRAM Red. I had in on my Addict and loved it. It looks good on your SL. I'm Not sold on your the saddle finish, maybe a carbon one would compliment the beautiful finish of the frame. I agree with Ilinks, or aican-bungarus

maybe some aerolight pedals or these? http://www.gizmag.com/ultralite-worlds- ... als/24146/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Last edited by benolium on Wed Feb 06, 2013 2:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

Imaking20

by Imaking20

Thanks for the compliment!

As soon as I rode a bike equipped with the new Red I knew that's where my money was going - the next step was finding a frame. I have no regrets. Honestly, I have never been a fan of going with the norm... I'm happy to admit that SR looks beautiful on the Cento1, but it's too "common" for my liking.

Aesthetically speaking, I'd have to agree with you about the saddle finish. From a functional standpoint I really am not looking forward to another saddle hunt!

When the time comes to replace the cables, it will be I-links (and powercordz if I'm still on these same brakes). I recently picked up a set of planet-x brakes to put on my cheap steel build... but while I've been waiting for parts to arrive I've been thinking about using them on the Cento. 50g lighter than the Red.

Also, Carbon/Ti blades are on their way this week. These beater pedals will head back to the B-bike.

Imaking20

by Imaking20

Oh yeah, why the heck are you selling yours off?!

I'm thinking about peeling off the sticker on the DS chainstay after seeing yours. I assume you have another clear plastic on for protection?

benolium

by benolium

[quote="Imaking20"]Oh yeah, why the heck are you selling yours

I've lost my way...Need to get back to true ww status. Sub 800g frame

I also haven't put any protector on the frame. Prob should have or a chain catcher. Next time

CLEAR

by CLEAR

WOW, simply stunning... even better than previously.... love it as it is...

nycyclist

by nycyclist

Nice build !
did you have any problems with the BB assembly ?
I'm currently building up my cento1 with 2012 sram red and having trouble with the BB assembly.
my crank won't spin freely when assembled as per wilier's sram gxp BB instructions.

Imaking20

by Imaking20

@CLEAR: Thank you

@nycyclist: When I received the frame I believe one of the washers was missing to run a SRAM spindle. My LBS ordered a whole kit of various spacers and I got what I needed to be sure the crank doesn't shift side-to-side. However, it does not spin as freely as I'd like :cry:

Imaking20

by Imaking20

Ha, finally got the bike on a scale! Honestly a bit lighter than I expected it to be.

14 lb 2 oz
6.45 kilo

Wow, that picture came out BAD

And SRAM out front mount... I planned on something a bit more weenie... but I showed up at the shop last night and they'd just gotten this in. Impulse buy

Imaking20

by Imaking20

Also, threw the Rav-X cages on my wife's Izoard and picked up a Zipp cage for this. So far I'm pretty pleased with it. And I think I'm finally comfortable enough with my position decision to hack the steerer tube... with it will also come a lightweight expander. The new SRAM bar tape is wearing a lot faster than I'd like so it will likely be replaced before too long... at which point I'll probably take the opportunity to try some WW cables/housing.

Imaking20

by Imaking20

And with Archetype/CK clinchers, new garmin mount, and a steerer chop!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com