Zipp super short CSL bar pics

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

xcnick

by xcnick

I'm looking at getting some Zipp super short bars to replace my short-shallow bars as they're a little long for me. Struggling to find many pics of them so I can how short they really do look. I don't want them to look like a childs bar! Can anyone confirm if this the bar on Peter Velits bike is the CSL like it says? 'looks' a bit longer than a 70mm reach

http://velonews.competitor.com/2012/05/ ... mac_219921

NWSAlpine

by NWSAlpine

Those look like the SSR bars. I had the CSL SSR (slight oval tops) on my bike but recently replaced them. I needed a little more reach and got a hell of a deal on the Zipp SL carbon bar so swapped it out instead of buying a new stem. Otherwise they would still be on there. If you are interested mine are sitting now and they are like new that I could sell (SC CSL SSR 44o-o).

My bike is a 58cm

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

boots2000

by boots2000

That is not a csl- look for a picture of Boonen's bike.

ergott

by ergott

These are the Service Course CSL SSR

by 113245

pss ergott, dont mean to thread hijack but what are you using to mount your garmin between the bars?

ergott

by ergott

This, but mine has no graphics on it. I don't know what seller I got it from since it was a while ago. There's even enough room for my headlight since I commute in the dark.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ACOR-Carbon-Com ... 53f41db90c" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

sun

by sun

I've got the CSL Super Short Reach. I switched from an FSA Omega Compact and it is a little shorter reach. I like the ovalized tops as well as more space for your hands when you are on the tops. I'm using a K-Edge mount for my Garmin. Compared to the FSA, it's a bit harder to get the shifters in the right position. The FSA bars had a smoother transition.

xcnick

by xcnick

Thanks guys for the feedback and pics!

NWSalpine, unfortunately I'm in the uk so postage costs wouldn't be worth it!

The size of the bar doesn't look that much different from a deda rhm, I loved my zero100 setup but for the life of me I couldn't get them to stop creaking (even with a different zero100 stem) and they were flexy.

I'm also using SRAM, and based on your pics I might get a pair of bars ordered. Velits bike looks to have a smoother transition to the hoods but his bars are slightly rotated up.

ergott

by ergott

Here is a side by side comparing the Zipp to the Deda RHM shape. I didn't like the RHM because I need a long flat on the drops. I like that wrist angle better. The levers are indeed a little closer so reach is decreased if you keep the stem the same. The lever height is about the same.

xcnick

by xcnick

ergott-perfect thanks!

I have ordered some Service Course CSL bars which should arrive tomorrow. Hope they work! I need to reduce the reach to the hoods by 10-15mm over the short/shallow version so hopefully they will work. I do like the RHM but find they can be positioned perfectly for the hoods or drops and not both at the same time!

ergott

by ergott

I took a shot of my computer/headlight mount today so I thought I'd share.

nathanong87
Resident master of GIF

by nathanong87

it's the aspirevelotech mount

i have one too. and i put my light directly under my garmin. really good mount. the best imho

xcnick

by xcnick

My new bars arrived and I'm really pleased with them. The shape is great especially how my hands hook into the drops. I also have one of those mounts from the far east. Tip-go for the plastic version as opposed to the carbon one-they're 20 grams lighter! (i have both)

vejnemojnen

by vejnemojnen

sorry for resurrecting an old thread, but: is there anyone, who actually compared the real reach (so, reach with brake levers mounted) between the deda rhm shape and this ssr supershortreach zipp? :)

or is there any recommendation for really short reach bars?

TheKaiser

by TheKaiser

vejnemojnen wrote:sorry for resurrecting an old thread, but: is there anyone, who actually compared the real reach (so, reach with brake levers mounted) between the deda rhm shape and this ssr supershortreach zipp? :)

or is there any recommendation for really short reach bars?

I don't have an exact comparison for you on those 2 models, but this Fairwheel test is the best I have seen for consistent measurements (they measure with a single and sensible method, and note that it may vary up to 3cm from manufacturer figures!), so it may provide some insight into which other models may fit your needs:

http://blog.fairwheelbikes.com/reviews- ... ar-review/

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com