Power2Max and SRM PC7, they work together?

A light bike doesn't replace good fitness.

Moderator: Moderator Team

rOYk

by rOYk

Hi friends,

I own P2M power meter with the newest CycleOps Joule computer, i hate it! Until now i use to have SRM PC5 and i just love the interface. Someone here knows if P2M can work with PC7?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Frankie13

by Frankie13

Why do you hate the newest Joule? I do assume you talk about the GPS one. I'm using a P2Max myself and just did sent back my Joule GPS because of condensation building up inside the computer face. I'm back to my old Joule2.0 and like it a lot better since the GPS of the new joule sucks anyway. I was thinking about the PC7 myself and it should work since it is ANT+ but I did read a lot of people didn't like about the SRM that you don't have the option to see NP, IF, Avg Power on the display during intervals.
That is really a turn of for me and the only reason not to get one and pay such high price for the PC7.
I do think that the Joule is one of the best ones out with all the data you have on one screen and also changing between screens is very easy.

rOYk

by rOYk

Frankie13 wrote:Why do you hate the newest Joule? I do assume you talk about the GPS one. I'm using a P2Max myself and just did sent back my Joule GPS because of condensation building up inside the computer face. I'm back to my old Joule2.0 and like it a lot better since the GPS of the new joule sucks anyway. I was thinking about the PC7 myself and it should work since it is ANT+ but I did read a lot of people didn't like about the SRM that you don't have the option to see NP, IF, Avg Power on the display during intervals.
That is really a turn of for me and the only reason not to get one and pay such high price for the PC7.
I do think that the Joule is one of the best ones out with all the data you have on one screen and also changing between screens is very easy.

The reason I dont like my new Joule GPS is: The screen figures are too small, i hate the auto start that never works for me, the handlebar mount is lame and I feel that the computer is going to fly into the next ditch, the buttons and interface are not so Intuitive like the manufacturer meant. I just love my old PC5 computer, its simple, clear and located in a firm way on the bar- the biggest issue is the battery, why should I pay 50$ every time that the bat is out of life.
The reason I ask about compliance between P2M and the PC7 is the slope, how do you know what is your P2M slope, how they work together..

Frankie13

by Frankie13

So if I understand you correct, you can not manually zero with the PC7 yes?
I felt the same about the Joule handlebar mount, the computer was vibrating so much during my rides it was very hard to read and I had to hold the joule just to be able to read it. Also I always felt I would brake the mount operating the buttons. However I did like the size of the new Joule. I started to consider the new Garmin edge 510 and 810 computer as well.
Still the SRM one would be my first pick if the display had more data available.
Is being able to see the current watts only during your workouts not an issue for you?
I would like to hear your opinion about the display!

rOYk

by rOYk

Hi. I still dont know exactly if they work together, the nice guy from P2M wrote me that he tried with PC6 with no luck and he thinks that the PC7 may work. From other hand, im a member at Wattage group, one guy told me that it will never work because some special ANT communication that SRM uses.
Regarding your question, i dont really use average power and normalized power during training, i work on stable watts on interval time, on long rides i keep my watts above the goal limit. When i connect and download data, this is another story..

Tillquist

by Tillquist

P2M and PC7 do NOT work togethers.
See all my bike h e r e

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com